Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon waiting room 2021 Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a call that they can't deliver my new Model Y at the end of the month because it came from the factory without a charge port ECU, and they don't have an ETA on when the ECUs will arrive at the service center and can be installed. (They said a large batch of vehicles shipped without them because of a supplier issue.)

He expects it will be a couple weeks before a new matching vehicle will ship from the factory. (And would likely arrive before they would get the ECU to put in the vehicle I had been matched to.)
That's absurd. I really hope I don't have this issue!

Saw that I was about to enter my EDD range (April 28 - May 12) a few days ago, so I notified Tesla that I was going to be out of town starting on May 6. No changes yesterday, but then I got a VIN today with a May 1 - 5 delivery date! Not sure if I'm just lucky or if that vacation notice got me bumped up in priority but stoked either way!

Gonna be tough to take delivery and then immediately park it in the garage for 10 days, but I'm just glad the waiting game is almost over 😅

MYLR5 // MSM // Black interior // 19" // No tow // No FSD // No holds
OD/PC: 10/13/2021 // Previous EDD: April 28 - May 12 // VIN: April 29 // Delivery scheduled: May 4
Portland, OR

Reactions: Antonius138
Saw that I was about to enter my EDD range (April 28 - May 12) a few days ago, so I notified Tesla that I was going to be out of town starting on May 6. No changes yesterday, but then I got a VIN today with a May 1 - 5 delivery date! Not sure if I'm just lucky or if that vacation notice got me bumped up in priority but stoked either way!

Gonna be tough to take delivery and then immediately park it in the garage for 10 days, but I'm just glad the waiting game is almost over 😅

OD/PC: 10/13/2021 // Previous EDD: April 28 - May 12 // VIN: April 29 // Delivery scheduled: May 4
Portland, OR
Don't get too excited about the delivery date just yet as most of the Oregon orders are missing I believe the diagnostic port or something like that and no ETA from Mccadam for when they will get to them but it could be when you have your EDD. I keep getting the one day range push each and every day...

Don't get too excited about the delivery date just yet as most of the Oregon orders are missing I believe the diagnostic port or something like that and no ETA from Mccadam for when they will get to them but it could be when you have your EDD. I keep getting the one day range push each and every day...
Mine is coming up from Fremont on Sunday, so hoping that batch is fully assembled🤞. The delivery center sounds super antsy to get me my car early next week, since they've apparently run out of parking (probably from the last batch that's waiting on parts). Texted them to see if they can tell if the Sunday shipment has any missing parts/components...

Here's hoping we all get our cars soon!

Reactions: Antonius138
Mine is coming up from Fremont on Sunday, so hoping that batch is fully assembled🤞. The delivery center sounds super antsy to get me my car early next week, since they've apparently run out of parking (probably from the last batch that's waiting on parts). Texted them to see if they can tell if the Sunday shipment has any missing parts/components...

Here's hoping we all get our cars soon!
Yeah they don't have a lot of room there, so here's to hoping that they are super motivated to get our rides out!

Reactions: amer247

Portland, OR
Well I just tried this trick and told my SA that I would be out of town for the majority of my current EDD. They basically said that it won't arrive before my EDD and that my current EDD is the most accurate window (same thing they have said since I had an EDD of January haha).

Well I just tried this trick and told my SA that I would be out of town for the majority of my current EDD. They basically said that it won't arrive before my EDD and that my current EDD is the most accurate window (same thing they have said since I had an EDD of January haha).
Ya, I don't pretend to understand Tesla's assignment algorithm. It sounds like it was more than likely just luck that I got assigned a VIN and an EDD range before I head out of town.

Well, the delivery date held up and I got my car today 🎉. The car, for the most part, is great! There is a very noticeable issue with the alignment for one rear door (a portion sticks out almost a 1/2in past the neighboring panel). I sent a pic to the service center before accepting and they said they could address it, but I don't think I could deal with going back in the queue, anyway 😅

Hope to see some others on this thread get their cars soon too!

It's been 243 days. Checked with SA when the date pushed out again to June 10 - July 15 from May 14 and they confirmed no holds and nothing blocking just a matter of availability/production. This morning I moved to June 7 - July 5.

I've had the same car for the past 24 years and the odometer is at 199,882. I'm hoping I get a VIN the day I hit 200K.

MYLR5 | MSM | Black Interior | 19" Gemini | Tow Hitch | No FSD

It's been 243 days. Checked with SA when the date pushed out again to June 10 - July 15 from May 14 and they confirmed no holds and nothing blocking just a matter of availability/production. This morning I moved to June 7 - July 5.

I've had the same car for the past 24 years and the odometer is at 199,882. I'm hoping I get a VIN the day I hit 200K.

Right there with you buddy. 244 days for me as well. Got my VIN last Tuesday and my car hasn't left Cali. Just getting jerked around with all sorts of excuses. Just know that a VIN doesn't seem to mean much haha.

Right there with you buddy. 244 days for me as well. Got my VIN last Tuesday and my car hasn't left Cali. Just getting jerked around with all sorts of excuses. Just know that a VIN doesn't seem to mean much haha.

240+ days??? I’m curious, what were your EDD’s at the time you ordered?

I get that the current EDD’s are really far out and that these dates are very rough estimates, but I thought EDD’s were a few months when you both would have ordered last year. Not that I’ve been keeping track of current deliveries but are those getting their cars now, really from orders from almost a year ago?