Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of curiosity, what do you hate about your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

yeah, that’s good - no complaints about handling or behavior on slippery conditions - doesn’t change the hard facts that the camera gets unusable in 2 minutes, the windshield wipers (with winter package) can’t clean the windshield and the charging cover often freezes in place.
Same things goes for lack of cleaning of headlights .
If someone would live with the car in a cold climate and not just do test runs on a winter track, such issues would be sorted I’m sure.

having driven Saab for many years before getting the Tesla - several models - all designed and built where we have proper winters, all of these things were non-issues. And yes, they also took the cars to a similar test track in arjeplog here in Sweden to make sure handling was ok. Of course, the Tesla 4wd is wastly better, but the basic stuff is really not adapted for real winter, regardless of that facility.

Also... the glare that my wife gives me every time I mention Tesla. :)
I love that part.

My biggest disappointments with the car are from Elon saying my car will get a new feature and then finding out my car is too old to get the feature, when the feature comes out. V9/V10 is also a big disappointment. It makes absolutely no sense why they took away the split screen functionality that previous versions had. My browser no longer works reliably either.

“So for now, I've been poking through dealerships to look for a more reasonable car, maybe going with a well-equipped Toyota Camry. It will be an upgrade from my Model S. I am really looking forward to it.”

I wish he would have started with this line. That would have saved me a lot of time.
Won’t even read it, that told me enough

I agree with a previous poster..."hate" too strong a word. I prefer to say I miss having arm rests in back captain's seats. I have only had my car a little over 5 wks, but no car ever gave me so much pleasure & fun!! It is more than a car ! Even my passengers are totally enjoying the ride & the perks. I have any car that is awesome & fast & this one is at the top of the list!!

I have a 2016 75D - MCU1/AP1. I can't stop talking about how great the car is. The smoothness of the accelerator, the instant torque at any speed, the no fuss quiet/silence in the way the car goes about its business, not having to start or stop the car, not having to turn on the headlights/wipers or off has completely spoiled me totally and completely rotten!

One negative is that I can't believe in this day and age (a 2016 car) on such a technologically advanced car that Blind Spot monitoring is absent. That's my only pet peeve.

Reactions: UnicornDriver