Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I'm getting an Austin.

The delivery date of my LRMY got pushed back from March to May conspicuously around the time Elon stated Austin deliveries would begin around the end of Q1. Am I being overly optimistic?

Fingers crossed. My estimated delivery is last week of May to the last week of June.

As you know, evrything is pure speculation. I just got my Freemont VIN and i thought i might get an Austin car. If i were either of you guys, i would be way more sure that i was getting an Austin car.

As you know, evrything is pure speculation. I just got my Freemont VIN and i thought i might get an Austin car. If i were either of you guys, i would be way more sure that i was getting an Austin car.
Speculation is Austin cars will be a trickle for the first few months after they start deliveries, so it'll be a crap shoot until later in the year.

MYP OD 1/29/22
Red / White no FSD or tow
EDD 3/5 -> 3/30

When I ordered I only had Devon listed for delivery/pickup.
I hope Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg will be 100% ready by my DD.
You can test drive from there, but not take delivery yet.

I am in southern York, I did my test drives at the Owings Mills MD store.
Same travel time for me for either Mechanicsburg or Ownings Mills, about 45 minutes.
Devon is over an hour and a half of travel one way.
I was told at the Owing Mills store that I could take delivery at the Lancaster service center.
Oh well, hopefully that is not an indicator of how helpful all Tesla personnel are.

Definitely interested in reading about other's "Devon" experience!
Picked up my MYLR on 2/3 from Devon. It was such a different experience (in a good way). Almost everything was already done through the app. Weather wasn't ideal. It was raining nonstop. However SA had moved the car to a covered area. I inspected the car. Found one small panel gap. He told me I could submit a service ticket through the app. Saw a line that appeared like a scratch but he immediately brought something from inside and cleaned it and it was gone. Accepted the delivery from the app and I was all set. I spent more time inspecting the car than anything else. Car was about 90% charged. Fortunately, I live 5 min from Devon dealership so I wasn't worried about a long drive back. Installed Mud flaps over the weekend. Then I saw condensation in both headlights -- made me a little sad. Anyways, thats another service ticket. Interestingly I can only submit one at a time, so I will have to wait until the first one is done.

Reactions: mwdietertg
Thank you all for the Devon delivery reports, my anxiety has eased considerably.
For those of you who have already accepted their vehicles, did you have to make final payment in full in advance?
Or did you take a bank check along with the balance and wait until you inspected the vehicle till handing over final payment?

I am surprised at how the EDD for my MYP Red / White has jumped forward over the past week since my 1/29 OD.
1st EDD 4/20 -> 5/20, 2nd EDD 3/5 -> 3/30, most recent EDD 2/20 -> 3/05, all in one week, is this normal?

Thank you all for the Devon delivery reports, my anxiety has eased considerably.
For those of you who have already accepted their vehicles, did you have to make final payment in full in advance?
Or did you take a bank check along with the balance and wait until you inspected the vehicle till handing over final payment?

I am surprised at how the EDD for my MYP Red / White has jumped forward over the past week since my 1/29 OD.
1st EDD 4/20 -> 5/20, 2nd EDD 3/5 -> 3/30, most recent EDD 2/20 -> 3/05, all in one week, is this normal?
I made the final payment in advance. I had a little different situation than most because my order was from Feb 2021. If I would have rejected it, they would have canceled my order with that low locked in price. If the thing had 4 wheels, 4 doors and a roof, I was accepting it regardless.

• Funny
Reactions: mbashir1
MYP white/black, no adds
OD: 2/3/22
EDD: 2/19 - 3/5
Got a message about trade-in yesterday. Can’t believe I would get delivery that quickly.

Current delivery set to Devon but Mechanicsburg SA told me to call and they should be able to switch once I have an delivery date.

Stopped by the Mechanicsburg store yesterday;
No pick ups there for at least a month
No Austin vehicles until mid 2nd qtr at the earliest
No wiper heaters period, thats a China thing

The good news is my EDD has moved up to 2/23 -> 2/27 and I have a VIN.
OD was 1/29, MYP Red/White no FSD or Tow.

Guess I'm going to Devon.

Pretty sure they were incorrect about the wiper heater info. I got the 2022.4.5 update and now have the control of the heated wipers. I have a Jan 19th build. This is what I got after the update to 2022.4.5: Tesla activates Heated Wiper Park in Fremont-made Model 3/Y with 2022.4.5 software update [Update]

Last edited:

I picked up on 1/29 from Devon and have heated wiper park enabled after the most recent SW update.

Reactions: HellsKitchen