Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my car today! Everyone at Devon is so nice! I inspected the car and found one wheel was curbed, there was some tape in the headliner where it meets the glass, and the B pillar inside trim was a little messed up. They are going to replace the wheel and apologized profusely because I have to go back to get that but they fixed the B pillar trim on the spot and that was fine. On the drive home I found that the steering wheel is not straight when driving straight so I'm going to ask them to fix that too. My panel gaps are great! I did notice that the trunk could be adjusted a little on one side so the depth when closed is the same, but other than that the car is great! Super pumped and glad I got it now. I need to figure out if I have radar or not (don't really care either way) because my car actually made in April. My car did not have the Tesla PPF on the back like some have stated, so that must have started after my build, but I already have it so I'll just put it on.
Weird! I had a scuff on a wheel cover too. They made a note of it and are going to ship one to me. I wonder why they did that instead of having me pick it up (like you).

The only other anomaly on my Model Y was that the rear driver's side door was not quite aligned with the trim in the back. It sticks out more than the other doors. It's OK with me though. I'm going to apply PPF there anyways.

P.S. I'm not very happy about the (surprise) lack of adjustable lumbar on the passenger side! Especially when it was on the one I test drove a couple months ago. I wish Tesla would communicate better with customers. It makes me wonder what else is missing that I haven't discovered yet (besides the radar). :confused:

Picked up at Devon today. Lots of vehicles in the lot. Waited a few minutes in the lobby but once the SA greeted me and got me to my car the process was efficient and a great experience. The gentleman was outstanding, very personable and top notch customer service from this SA. I was too in my own world with picking up my car, wish I could remember his name hah.
Mostly Model Y or were there a decent amount of M3 mixed in as well?

Weird! I had a scuff on a wheel cover too. They made a note of it and are going to ship one to me. I wonder why they did that instead of having me pick it up (like you).

The only other anomaly on my Model Y was that the rear driver's side door was not quite aligned with the trim in the back. It sticks out more than the other doors. It's OK with me though. I'm going to apply PPF there anyways.

P.S. I'm not very happy about the (surprise) lack of adjustable lumbar on the passenger side! Especially when it was on the one I test drove a couple months ago. I wish Tesla would communicate better with customers. It makes me wonder what else is missing that I haven't discovered yet (besides the radar). :confused:I
I have the 20" Inductions so they want to make sure the alignment is okay. They also took a chunk out of the tire. The missing lumbar was noted in other posts I've noticed. My car does have the passenger lumbar...it was built in April.

Reactions: profdustin
anyone who traded-in their car. Was the tax applied before or after the trade in?
For PA, legally the sales tax is based only on the difference between the value of your trade in and new car
ie trade is $20k, car is 45K, tax is on $25K

which is why it often pays to trade in at the dealer (or in this case at the Tesla store) over private selling, particularly with more expensive trade ins

Reactions: shivy_shiv
For PA, legally the sales tax is based only on the difference between the value of your trade in and new car
ie trade is $20k, car is 45K, tax is on $25K

which is why it often pays to trade in at the dealer (or in this case at the Tesla store) over private selling, particularly with more expensive trade ins
So the value of the car not the net gain if any.
ie. They give me 20k i owe 18k on it. A 45k car Tax is on 43k.

So the value of the car not the net gain if any.
ie. They give me 20k i owe 18k on it. A 45k car Tax is on 43k.
For example, if you are buying a new car for $20,000 and the dealership offers you $8,000 for your trade-in, you will pay sales tax only on the $12,000 difference! The existence of a bank lien payoff has no effect on the sales tax calculation. Whether the trade-in is owned free and clear with no bank lien, or the lien payoff is thousands more than the actual value of the vehicle, the sales tax savings will be the same. Any lien, or no lien, has no effect on the sales tax savings.

Reactions: sgalla04
Cross posting from the delivery thread:

Visited the PGH DC (Wexford) today. About 10 MY in the lot awaiting deliveries, and there was a truck being unloaded. Mostly MSM, White or Blue.

Our SA wasn’t there, but another SA was surprised that our delivery was pushed out to August . They mentioned that they are still getting 7 seater deliveries, and just delivered some this weekend for orders from early April.

They offered to check on our order status but came back and said they couldn’t provide any further status update and to wait for contact from our SA on Monday (guessing it’s not a good sign).

They did ask if we would take a “Demo” vehicle should one become available and made a note on our order.

MY LR 7 seat with tow, ordered 4/19 (5-8 wk lead time), had 6/19-6/30 estimate , but now 07/20-08/05 EDD

• Informative
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
Reposting from the general Current Delivery Times thread...

Ordered April 7th, hold placed by SA until July 22nd. I released the hold on June 1st when I saw it was now a 9-13 week wait. Instead had an EDD of June 16 - 27. I accepted Tesla Vision and was given a VIN (203xxx) and applied/approved for financing with Tesla (2.49% @ 72 months) and DCU (1.24% @ 65 months). Will request Tesla to rate match.

Also initiated trade-in with Tesla and Carvana. Carvana will net me only $496 more than Tesla+sales tax savings. I think the convenience of going with Tesla is worth losing out on about $500. At least that's what I had been telling myself before I got the increased offer.

This morning EDD is June 11 - 17. Called Tesla SC today and they said the MY is in its 2nd leg of journey to SC and should arrive early next week. Expect delivery for later next week.

Leaving for vacation by plane on June 23rd. I am hoping everything works out on time. Looking to do 2 summer road trips with MY from Philly. Grand Rapids, MI, and Greenville, SC. Also hope any new tax credits become retroactive to May 24th! Biden should be releasing more details by this Wednesday. I'd hate to delay delivery, but if something significant is announced with high degree of reliability to affect my savings, then I may have to delay. But won't delay until 2022, since I want the car for when I start going back to the office September 13, 2021.

Anyone know how to get in touch with the Devon SC? Their phone number sends all calls to be handled by a central call center, and they don't respond to texts or emails.
I've called the Tesla 1-800 number. And eventually they ask for my zip code. After I've entered it, then it goes to Devon. One time I got through pretty quick. Another time I was on hold for 30 min. and I hung up. Do you have your SA's cell #? If not, then email your SA to call you directly. Also you can try calling the KOP showroom and see if they can help you at all.

I have the same issue. They left a voicemail for me asking me to call them back, I did and I can't reach anyone.
I eventually got to talk to someone. Just politely ask to be transferred to the service center since they need to talk to you. It may take a while since apparently the only way the call center can talk to the service center is through instant messaging.

Im 2/4 on good call center employees. Two were excellent and went above and beyond. Two were pretty bad.

Reactions: sthsthsthbatma
Anyone install Tesla OEM mud flaps in the Devon, PA service center parking lot after accepting delivery? Questioning more about if they are cool with you spending an additional 20 min. there or are they trying to rush you out? Obviously I can go to another close by place, but figured I'd ask the forum.

I'll wait for home to do the PPF, not sure how long that might take me. haha.

Anyone install Tesla OEM mud flaps in the Devon, PA service center parking lot after accepting delivery? Questioning more about if they are cool with you spending an additional 20 min. there or are they trying to rush you out? Obviously I can go to another close by place, but figured I'd ask the forum.

I'll wait for home to do the PPF, not sure how long that might take me. haha.
I was there for three hours, they have plenty of extra parking spaces.

Reactions: sgalla04