Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Boost Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW I have this on the Model 3 and it absolutely transforms the car. They purposely undersell it to prevent people from not buying the performance car. You also have 48 hours to try it and return it. It is a no brainer. As the Model Y is my wife's car I may wait to go for it.

Also, on the Model 3, Tesla says it bring it to 3.9 seconds from 4.4. I've run verified 3.4x 0-60 many times.

DO IT! :)

Discover does quarterly bonuses ... so Paypal is on the list till 9/30. So, I used Paypal Key for a virtual credit card and linked that to the Discover card then added it to my Tesla account.

Color me curious. Not understanding. I know I can add my Discover to PayPal as a form of Payment. But how do you add this to Tesla.. confused....

Don't understand what the PayPal Key is for virtual card.

Finally, impressions! Is the punch more noticable while rolling at say 30-35mph, or is the punch more noticeable at like 5-10?

I would say it is noticeable on both ends, but I'm not using a dragy or anything to confirm that.

In my opinion, the 30-60 in the Y always felt kind of similar to the 3 as the instant torque is available. Punching it off the line, however, always felt like it was slipping or something in the Y.

I'll probably keep the PUP that I have on order the same, but I can definitely see where someone else in the same position would buy a LR instead and opt for this upgrade for a budget performance upgrade.

I hope they offer something similar for the PUP.

Is it possible to buy the AB at time of vehicle purchase (lease) or is this only an after-the-fact option? Same question for EAP, too. I’d consider both if I could roll them into the lease payment but don’t want to add post-purchase (thus 100% on my dime) for a car that will be returned in 3 years.... Any insights? Thanks.