Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You make a very good point.

When I bought the car, there was one SvC 15 minutes away. That was good enough for me. Now there are 2 more within 30 minutes. I definitely would NOT have bought the car if there was no service center within 30 minutes. Not to denigrate anyone who does have hours to a SvC, but I value my time, and I'm retired!

You are right - quality issues are a big problem. Like many, I fell for Musk's doublespeak. Unfortunately, he's about as honest as Trump. My motto is fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. I won't be buying another Tesla unless there are significant changes within the company.
not to get political.......the difference between Elon and Trump......Trump seems to have done what he promised

Wow...lots of generalizations here. So here's one. I'd bet every one of these vandals were Biden voters:

Except the guy who wrote "c*nt" on the hood of the Tesla, in England, at around the 2min mark, and the Canadian at the 4min mark.

You have lots of the usual ignorance, jealousy, hate, etc. The usual human afflictions that cause conflict. Some people think Tesla is a foreign-made car, bringing out the xenophobia. Some people see it as an expensive luxury vehicle, bringing out the resentment and jealousy, not realizing that an entry-level Tesla is about $40k, and that the average new vehicle sold in the USA is now $39k. Some people see an EV as somehow being un-American, for who knows what reason.

I live in an area where more than 50% of the vehicles sold are trucks, but they're almost all work trucks. If you notice, many of the pictures and videos of aggressive behavior are of sport trucks, whether it's coal rolling, or blocking superchargers. Sad behavior, but what seems funny to a certain demographic can be obnoxious and dangerous to others.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionXng
I too have also noticed a huge uptick in stupid driving in AZ and, while there are truck drivers who are very safe and compact car drivers that are idiots, it does seem that a subset of the truck folks are specializing in a particularly hostile form of anti-social behavior. Here are some Big Truck Behaviors that I have personally seen while driving around the The Wild Wild West that signal danger:

1. Jacked up trucks with huge diameter off road tires that handle like pigs and take forever to stop - use caution
2. Arm hanging out the window - use caution
3. Expired tags - use caution
3. Decals in the rear window like " Live Free or Die " - use caution
4. Trucks without a single undented panel - use caution
5. Confederate Battle Flag flying - danger
6. Coal rolling - danger
7. Trucks going 20 mph over the limit because they know that they will not be pulled over in Covid times - danger
8. Rolling the window down to shout out a blast of anger while driving by - danger
9. Unholstering the " finger " to display to you while driving by - danger
9. Unholstering a gun and pointing it at other drivers - extreme danger
Just unholster your .44 magnum revolver and point it at him. No worries. ;)

I didn't know what "rolling coal" means (never happened to me) so I googled it:

View attachment 608545

That is so disgusting, unhealthy and dangerous for the victim, and bad for the environment! Why is this not universally illegal? It's like defecating in public with a motor vehicle. These vehicles should be impounded until their owners pay to have the modifications reversed IMHO.

The reason EV drivers get stereotyped as leftest wussies is because of this kind of reasoning. More regulation and punitive government control is NOT needed...reversing pollution controls is already illegal.

• Disagree
Reactions: Runt8
Status
Not open for further replies.