Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - 14 day EAP trial!

If you have received your EAP trial, based upon the trial have you (for the car)

• decided to buy FSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was planning to anyway

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was not planning to but liked what I saw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I was planning to but found it not to my liking

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I wasn't planning to anyway

Votes: 82 52.2%
  • not made up my mind yet

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • previously purchased EAP or FSD

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • not been offered the trial

Votes: 35 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need another option - Tesla: how NOT to do a trial

Bought my 2017 MS New Inventory Dec 2019
Checked it had Enhanced autopilot and this was confirmed on more than one occasion.
Arrived (whole other hideous saga there) and only had basic autopilot - Tesla had stripped the original spec of the car and substituted basic autopilot.
Tesla refused point blank to reinstate it.

Roll forwards to March 2021 and Tesla decide to truly rub my face in it with a free trial of EAP - THAT I SHOULD HAVE HAD ALL ALONG!

Like thanks Tesla </s>

However in true Tesla style, in fact all the trial did was result in in an error message that my Acoustic sensors had failed - so the EAP trial didnt work anyway - and now I have to take it back to the SC again. Worked okay before the trial and failed on the day it started, so could be random but I really doubt that.

So Tesla:

Please dont rub your owners face in it by offering trials of sftware they should have already

Please dont break cars by enabling trial software.

Either give me the softweare I am entitled to or just leave me and my car alone.

Love the car, but the Company - Jeez

PS
Tesla why dont you do something useful like:

making Auto Headlights that don't dip randomly and especially for chevrons on curves and do dip for taillights of the car in front ,
or
Rain Sensing wipers that actually can sense rain, and when you have fixed that make them work in the dark too.
or
you could even put the green "traffic normal stripes back on the map so we can see if a road is closed ahead (with no green stripe).
Even the *** phone mostly doesnt work these days and the MCU1 crashes daily.

But hey a £3400 teaser for something I should already have is more important than that boring sh*t.
No worries that I am faffing around trying to get basic stuff to work, if I even touch my phone plod will have me for £££+ points but I can sod around with Tesla UI with impunity (probably cant in truth - but would make a intriguing headline - Tesla driver pulled over and fined for being distracted from driving rebooting his UI that had just crashed for the umpteenth time)

In fact Tesla I'll make you a deal - fix these items and I will pay for MCU2/EAP and you don't even have to give me a trial.
Though expectations are that I will just get a bunch of new stuff that's broke instead.

Pity is that it is all so unnecessary

No email for me, just happened to notice when it said 'auto lane change not available' last night and I thought wtf auto lane change is never available!
Checked settings and saw it all enabled.
Frustratingly I have two days left on my trial and no email received :(
How not to do a trial indeed!!

Tried the trial on Sunday on a quiet M40 and lane changing worked pretty well. Seemed reluctant to move back to the left without a nudge that might also disengage but this might have been a matter of getting used to it. I did 2 exits with NOA on. Bit disconcerting that there was no advance indication that it was going to do them and then simultaneous indication and move into the slip road. Starting the indicators 100 yards earlier would be good. I did one join on NOA. The merge behind a passing truck was safe but hesitant and untidy. Perhaps gave a clue as to the likely performance on a busier road. Worked better than I expected but no way worth £3400 for the small amount of motorway driving I do. Cruise control that would slow down for roundabouts, allow me to steer round them and then resume would be much more useful. Summon isn’t even a decent party trick. I thought I might be able to use it to back into my drive after stopping not quite lined up. It gave up when it got near the hedge. Seems only to go in straight lines rather than trying to avoid obstructions.

Reactions: Roy W.
Tesla why dont you do something useful like:

making Auto Headlights that don't dip randomly and especially for chevrons on curves and do dip for taillights of the car in front ,
or
Rain Sensing wipers that actually can sense rain, and when you have fixed that make them work in the dark too.
or
you could even put the green "traffic normal stripes back on the map so we can see if a road is closed ahead (with no green stripe).

I've found the Auto Headlights to be extremely good at dipping when I want them to. In you chevron example, the reflective signs can be super dazzling for me when full beam is on, and if I were controlling manually I would usually dip in those circumstances. It also dips when passing through a village and when there are cars in front. For me it's perfect. Maybe you have different preferences to me, but that's the thing - the auto setting will inevitably have to make choices that won't necessarily line up with your preference. Either way, you can still switch it manually if you like!

Reactions: Yachtsman
I've found the Auto Headlights to be extremely good at dipping when I want them to. In you chevron example, the reflective signs can be super dazzling for me when full beam is on, and if I were controlling manually I would usually dip in those circumstances. It also dips when passing through a village and when there are cars in front. For me it's perfect. Maybe you have different preferences to me, but that's the thing - the auto setting will inevitably have to make choices that won't necessarily line up with your preference. Either way, you can still switch it manually if you like!

The lights on my 2019 M3P are utter crap. The light output is feeble, they don’t turn off fast enough for oncoming cars and are too slow to turn back on again afterwards. They don’t turn off in urban areas where there is plenty of ambient light. And, of course, they are just bog standard lights rather than matrix.

The way every single chevron sign makes them turn off is extremely irritating. By definition a chevron sign means you’re approaching a bend when you need raised beam most, and the stupid car turns them off. I turned the auto feature off a long time ago because it’s just not fit for purpose.

In this respect at least Tesla is years behind other manufacturers.

• Disagree
No email for me, just happened to notice when it said 'auto lane change not available' last night and I thought wtf auto lane change is never available!
Checked settings and saw it all enabled.
Frustratingly I have two days left on my trial and no email received :(
How not to do a trial indeed!!
I wouldn’t stress about the end date. One week after mine should have gone, the bloody thing is still here.

The lights on my 2019 M3P are utter crap. The light output is feeble, they don’t turn off fast enough for oncoming cars and are too slow to turn back on again afterwards. They don’t turn off in urban areas where there is plenty of ambient light. And, of course, they are just bog standard lights rather than matrix.

The way every single chevron sign makes them turn off is extremely irritating. By definition a chevron sign means you’re approaching a bend when you need raised beam most, and the stupid car turns them off. I turned the auto feature off a long time ago because it’s just not fit for purpose.

In this respect at least Tesla is years behind other manufacturers.
That's very odd - ours are incredibly bright, so much so that people frequently flash their lights at us thinking we have full beam switched on when its not. Maybe you should get yours checked out.

Tesla lights are pretty bright, perhaps too much so (they risk dazzling oncoming traffic - and I too have been flashed on occasion). They only need to be bright enough to be seen.. streetlights handle the rest.

Living in a town (well, village theoretically) I almost never have cause to use full beam so never worried about it.. although it doesn't seem any worse/better than other cars I've driven.

It seems Tesla headlights are affected by some software updates that for some inexplicable reason raises the beam too much - usually unbeknownst to you but results in you getting flashed at more than usual.

Been ok for lots of updates but recently found my dipped beams had magically moved themselves way too high.

You can adjust them from the service menu - first find some flat level ground with a light-coloured wall (preferred but brick will do) for a "target".
Park facing the wall several metres away and start the headlight calibration - it auto-sets to something reasonable after which you can tweak each beam to your own preference.

Don't forget there are two types of headlights now, so what's true for one may not be true for the other.

Interesting to hear that EAP isn't expiring on the exact date. I did wonder what would happen if it was active (i.e. car being driven) when it expired, so I'm not surprised there is some other factor influencing when it actually expires.

Moderator comment - question/thread and replies merged from "Summon working . No eap or fsd paid for. ?????"

Hello all. Is there some sort of trial going on?
Out I the car today and had a bimble about the screens as you you do.
Noticed summon had a toggle and also ‘navigate on autopilot’
turn them on and tried summon and it worked!!!

not paid for anything and the options to upgrade are still in the app.

any idea wtf??
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: