Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - 14 day EAP trial!

If you have received your EAP trial, based upon the trial have you (for the car)

• decided to buy FSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was planning to anyway

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was not planning to but liked what I saw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I was planning to but found it not to my liking

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I wasn't planning to anyway

Votes: 82 52.2%
  • not made up my mind yet

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • previously purchased EAP or FSD

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • not been offered the trial

Votes: 35 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Auto lane change is okay, it's a bit annoying though, from what I can see you have to indicate and then nudge the steering wheel, which is a bit meh, but it was nice to have it stay in autopilot rather than having to engage and disengage.

The 'nudge' is a side effect of the car not detecting you holding the wheel sufficiently at the point that the lane change would start. It takes a little practice, but if you satisfy the requirements for that, the 'nudge' is unnecessary and lane change should, if it is satisfied that it is safe to do so, start promptly without any further action other than the original indication.

I won’t be buying EAP at the moment, but if they make some improvements once they have telemetry from a lot of people playing with it or other software improvements which we’ve not seen, I may consider a subscription for 9 or 10 months a year if EAP becomes available on subscription and it’s a reasonable price.
EAP is not a new feature. They already have data from many millions of miles over several years. So I wouldn't hold your breath. Whenever EAP pops up I just take it that FSD is not selling very well.

EAP is not a new feature. They already have data from many millions of miles over several years. So I wouldn't hold your breath. Whenever EAP pops up I just take it that FSD is not selling very well.
Judging by this forum, I agree EAP/FSD aren’t big sellers over here. However, all that data has allegedly been put to use in new FSD software currently being rolled out to a couple of thousand beta users in the USA, which we haven’t seen yet. If some of this software makes it over here for things like navigate on autopilot, it may work better.

However, there’s no guarantee that it will make it better. I tried the navigate on autopilot again last night for a short trip on the M6 for a single junction. Turning off the motorway was a big aggressive, I don’t know whether with more use you’d get used to it.

However, there’s no guarantee that it will make it better. I tried the navigate on autopilot again last night for a short trip on the M6 for a single junction. Turning off the motorway was a big aggressive, I don’t know whether with more use you’d get used to it.
That’s my thing, too. I like my EAP (came with my used car) but I’ve only used NOA once cause offramps and interstate changes are a bit aggressive and wobbly, which scared the family. That makes it a no-go when they’re in the car. :/

Summon just doesn’t work for me. Move car forward or backwards and disengages the brakes and then just applies them again. Can’t see that feature being any use to me anyway. Other features I’ve not tried and not bothered to try.

Moderator comment - post moved from "Free Enhanced Autopilot For A Fortnight?"

Anyone else had this? Model 3 LR - no FSD or Autopilot extras purchased.

Got in the car the other day and noticed the driving display was different, it was now doing automatic lane changes with a slight nudge of the wheel. Also, the 'Summon' button appeared on the app. I thought I'd somehow accidently bought it in my pocket or something, but no. On the car software menu, it shows Enhanced Autopilot, expires in about a week. Had the car 18 months so not brand new, so this looks like some sort of promotion / teaser from Tesla. Not a very good promotion, as they didn't tell us about it and there's nothing in the software release notes, so it was just a case of stumbling upon it!

Anyway, will give it a good play with before it expires.

So I just accidentally discovered that my EAP is enabled and the trial expires in 2 days.
Never been contacted or emailed to say this was a thing.
Oh, well that was a waste...
I would't worry too much.

I tried it out on the motorway during the first couple of days & on the second occasion realised you need to be holding the wheel to initiate the lane change... it sometimes works OK, other times not so haven't used it again before this trial expires on Wednesday.

As the driver needs to hold the wheel, initiate the signal, stay alert, initiate moving back once past another car, continue nudging the wheel and also be prepared for an abort It's easier to overtake as I've managed to do successfully for 46 years since passing the test. No need for the embarrassment of sometimes appearing to indicate, initiate a move, abort, swerve & generally drive like a nervous centenarian.

Question about SUMMON - We park in a garage which is only inches wider than the car. When driving, the display just says "STOP" over and over, as its obviously too close for comfort. Would Summon manage this or just refuse to move?

I have FSD. There have been plenty of comments about auto park.
i never use it but visiting my aunt who has a long narrow driveway with a hedge fronting either side of the entrance, i pulled up to reverse down it, and the car saw as a parking space !
would have been interesting to let it park as it’s 150 yards long 😁

Question about SUMMON - We park in a garage which is only inches wider than the car. When driving, the display just says "STOP" over and over, as its obviously too close for comfort. Would Summon manage this or just refuse to move?

Probably not, I couldn't even get the car to pull out of a normal parking bay the other day.

But. I later discovered a setting for narrow/wide margins when playing about in the car, so maybe it will do better next time (if I ever get a chance).

Probably not, I couldn't even get the car to pull out of a normal parking bay the other day.

But. I later discovered a setting for narrow/wide margins when playing about in the car, so maybe it will do better next time (if I ever get a chance).
I tried setting everything to minimum but the app just kept saying Summon not available at this time. Tried it in a few different locations and no luck. So far the enhanced features are definately not worth £3.5k unfortunately!

After voting on this last week to say I’d not had the trial, yesterday I noticed I had Summon on the phone app :)

So this afternoon I decided to take an essential trip up the M1 and back to give it a try. I only went up one junction.

After having my expectations severely tempered by everyone’s comments on here, I have to say I was very impressed with the Auto Lane Change. Fascinating technology. During my 25 minute drive I probably used it to change lanes 20 times, and every time it was perfect. I love the screen display. It’s certainly nice to be able to change lanes without the bing-bong.

I realise it was only a short test, but I thought it was working in a timely and safe way. I didn’t have one aborted lane change, and the M1 was pretty busy.

I tried to test the Navigate on Autopilot, but it didn’t really try and do anything on my very short drive, so that’s for another day.

I was quite shocked to find that it worked for me. Perhaps it suits my sedentary driving style :cool:

So, I would like it, but I can’t see myself spending £3400 on it. Tesla really are out of this world with their EAP/FSD pricing!

Bit late to this. I was offered the trial a while back and have since tested a couple of times. The first time was on a pretty empty A52 and it did OK for lane changing. However, still too slow and frankly more effort monitoring, acknowledging etc than simpy driving the car. Trying to take the Derby off-ramp was hair-raising, way too late and I had to take control.

The second test was on a busy(ish) A38 and it simply wasn't safe enough. Slow to detect usable gaps and then dithering to pull back in. Spotting off-ramps was scary so I gave up pretty quickly. Summon in my drive was frankly a bit pants. It went back and forwards but very slowly and I had to stand next to the car. I didn't bother trying the self-parking if indeed that was included.

To be frank, it felt like beta software, not something which has had plentty of iterations and updates. Just not viable for me - just couldn't trust it. For those who didn't get offered a trial, you didn't miss much in my opinion. Maybe we have to wait for the full FSD re-write and see what that brings. For now, it seems to be a long way from consistent on UK roads. I really like driving the car "properly" so it's not a big miss for me.

The fact that despite the free trial and the £3400 price tag most of these features are still clearly labelled as "beta" in the car's UI surprised me a little.

To be clear, I think the "beta" label is still justified - but it feels like a hard sales push on a product not yet ready for market.

Reactions: kelvin 660
Came back to the car to find a blank screen. Needed a two button reset. The Tesla came up only to disappear for another 30 seconds. Second logo and EAP gone.

Would probably have worried a less techie person. I wonder how many calls roadside assistance are getting today.