Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] For Cybertruck Res Holders ONLY, what type of buyer are you?

For Cybertruck Res Holders ONLY, what type of buyer are you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive a F150 SuperCrew and have driven full size trucks for the last 20 years. My friends who drive trucks generally don't know much about the CT other than it doesn't look how they think a truck should. When I enlighten them on the specs it usually piques some interest but I think most truck drivers will need to ride in/drive it to really consider it.

Reactions: SmartElectric
I drive a F150 SuperCrew and have driven full size trucks for the last 20 years. My friends who drive trucks generally don't know much about the CT other than it doesn't look how they think a truck should. When I enlighten them on the specs it usually piques some interest but I think most truck drivers will need to ride in/drive it to really consider it.

It should be a lot of fun taking those guys for a ride. :)

Reactions: SmartElectric
Own a 2020 model S and a Ford Raptor. Was about to purchase a 2020 F250/350 diesel. Decided to go with tri-motor cyberteuck.

As a daily driver, I believe the cyber truck’s adaptive ride control will make for a more pleasurable ride.

The ~2.9 0-60 might have had something to do with it too

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
The CT will be a replacement for our F350 4x4 CCLB diesel. We were looking at downsizing to a F150 since we no longer tow a large 5th wheel, but after the CT was revealed I decided to reserve a CT-TM.

There’s not many EVs out in west TX, but maybe that’ll change soon.

I work for a O&G production company (please don’t stone me!) and I’m going to try to convince our fleet manager to buy a few CTs as work trucks. What could be better? Once you prove that an EV truck is a better work truck in the oil field what more do you need to prove? :)

The CT will be a replacement for our F350 4x4 CCLB diesel. We were looking at downsizing to a F150 since we no longer tow a large 5th wheel, but after the CT was revealed I decided to reserve a CT-TM.

There’s not many EVs out in west TX, but maybe that’ll change soon.

I work for a O&G production company (please don’t stone me!) and I’m going to try to convince our fleet manager to buy a few CTs as work trucks. What could be better? Once you prove that an EV truck is a better work truck in the oil field what more do you need to prove? :)

Never got out to Andrews but I travelled to Midland several times on business. Different world out in West Texas! Good luck convincing your fleet guy to buy a few CTs, that would be awesome. I’ve had the same conversation with our fleet guy (I’m in heavy building materials) and I feel like I’m beating my head against a brick wall. Very conservative company, very slow to change. We also order a lot of work trucks (stripper model F-150s) so until Tesla or someone starts producing a low end equipped EV truck it’s a tough sell economically.

I drive for work a 2017 f250 XLT with the 6.2 gas engine, about 120-180 miles a day. It has a service body and 4:30 gears...it’s a TANK! And like a tank it gets about 10mpg.
I’ve put close to 135,000 miles on it since 2017.

Fuel around here is $2.30 a gal so I put between $27-$42 of fuel per day in this truck. That’s between $135-$210 per week and $540-$840 per month! And that’s with cheap fuel at the moment. The truck was purchased and up fitted for about $60k. A DMCT would pay for itself in a couple years in fuel savings alone.

I plan is to show the numbers and appeal to his reason. Show him the numbers and.. if I can’t get through...heh their loss and wouldn’t be the first time. Haha.

An EV doesn’t make sense in every case, especially out here. There are guys that work 12hour shifts in the middle of nowhere and they sleep in trailers at a makeshift camp with no access to consistent/reliable electricity, but a 10,000gal tank of diesel is refilled by semi every day. However there are plenty of instances where a EV is equally as convenient as an ICE and in some case more so, it just depends. During the work week I myself have access to nema 14-50 outlets every night, and most of the leases I work at have at least a 20amp 120v outlet. I would be so happy to not have to fuel up at a station every damn day and a day is wasted every time I need an oil change....urgh! Sick of it!

I drive for work a 2017 f250 XLT with the 6.2 gas engine, about 120-180 miles a day. It has a service body and 4:30 gears...it’s a TANK! And like a tank it gets about 10mpg.
I’ve put close to 135,000 miles on it since 2017.

Fuel around here is $2.30 a gal so I put between $27-$42 of fuel per day in this truck. That’s between $135-$210 per week and $540-$840 per month! And that’s with cheap fuel at the moment. The truck was purchased and up fitted for about $60k. A DMCT would pay for itself in a couple years in fuel savings alone.

I plan is to show the numbers and appeal to his reason. Show him the numbers and.. if I can’t get through...heh their loss and wouldn’t be the first time. Haha.

An EV doesn’t make sense in every case, especially out here. There are guys that work 12hour shifts in the middle of nowhere and they sleep in trailers at a makeshift camp with no access to consistent/reliable electricity, but a 10,000gal tank of diesel is refilled by semi every day. However there are plenty of instances where a EV is equally as convenient as an ICE and in some case more so, it just depends. During the work week I myself have access to nema 14-50 outlets every night, and most of the leases I work at have at least a 20amp 120v outlet. I would be so happy to not have to fuel up at a station every damn day and a day is wasted every time I need an oil change....urgh! Sick of it!
Even charging the CT from a diesel generator would be cheaper and cleaner than a diesel truck.

I'm not buying one, but I have a couple of stories about this to share, and the results don't generally surprise me as far as matching this poll.

The only two people I have talked with personally who are getting Cybertrucks are women. One is a bigtime Jeep Girl, but has liked Tesla for a really long time. She does a little bit of light towing and likes the rugged slightly off-road capability, but hates the awful Jeep gas mileage.

And the other is her friend who currently drives a Subaru Forrester.

So these are both seeing it as more of an SUV/crossover-ish.

And then about a month ago, I was at the Twin Falls, ID Supercharger, and a family pulled up in their Ford pickup, and the guy came over to talk. He knew a pretty good bit about Tesla, and even knew of the upcoming Ford electric F-150. He had been interested in going toward a Tesla pickup truck when he had been reading that it was coming. But when he saw how ridiculously awful it looked, he just couldn't stand to get one, so he said he is just going to have to wait and see if Tesla comes to their senses and makes a more normal looking pickup.

But in the business realm, if some companies are open minded, the fuel and maintenance cost savings really speaks. I have a friend who is in Tesla sales in Portland, OR, and he had mentioned a guy out there with a landscaping company who reserved 6 of them for company work trucks. And I know of a guy in Texas who has reserved 10 for his business.

My absolute dream vehicle would be large station wagon like Volvo V70 or Audi A6 with electric AWD. Since none of these available - CB it is.
I think a station wagon is amazing platform and when some manufacturer come up with it I'm going be first one to get it. Until now active life style and construction business stops me from getting a sedan/crossover/etc vehicle even I would like to get an electric. Sometimes I look at trucks and think, these probably fit my life, but MPG always keeps me in check.

I'm a widower, a model 3 owner and a home owner. I'm getting married soon. The new wife loves to garden. I need space to haul dirty stuff. I can't think of a better second car than a base or mid level Cybertruck as a second car. I've used old mini-vans for this kind of use for almost 40 years. There's nothing like that out there for the price.

• Love
My absolute dream vehicle would be large station wagon like Volvo V70 or Audi A6 with electric AWD. Since none of these available - CB it is.
I think a station wagon is amazing platform and when some manufacturer come up with it I'm going be first one to get it. Until now active life style and construction business stops me from getting a sedan/crossover/etc vehicle even I would like to get an electric. Sometimes I look at trucks and think, these probably fit my life, but MPG always keeps me in check.

I've owned two BMW and one VW station wagons and quite frankly, I can fit as much in my Model S. Two road bikes with front wheels removed, two suitcases and a gear bag fit nicely inside for our annual trip to Sante Fe.

But, when my CT arrives, as much easier to load, the Model S will stay home.

I've owned two BMW and one VW station wagons and quite frankly, I can fit as much in my Model S. Two road bikes with front wheels removed, two suitcases and a gear bag fit nicely inside for our annual trip to Sante Fe.

But, when my CT arrives, as much easier to load, the Model S will stay home.

Sometimes it's not only how much you can ft but what. I surf so for me inside length is important as I can put 10+ ft two surfboards inside of my Volvo and have another passenger behind the driver. I haven't seen any other passenger vehicle (not talking about SUVs here) that could do that. Then fold back seat and have absolutely flat sleeping space for two tall ppl.

Sometimes it's not only how much you can ft but what. I surf so for me inside length is important as I can put 10+ ft two surfboards inside of my Volvo and have another passenger behind the driver. I haven't seen any other passenger vehicle (not talking about SUVs here) that could do that. Then fold back seat and have absolutely flat sleeping space for two tall ppl.
Model S can fit 10+ foot things inside.

• Informative
Reactions: solarAddict