Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys

quick question re premium connectivity in the UK, I have an Apple Music subscription which I plan to keep due to me not being able to sync Spotify music to my Apple Watch for running..so with premium connectivity will I need to also take out a Spotify premium subscription or is this bundled in for the car with the connectivity?

thanks

oli

Reactions: yfwt
Hey guys

quick question re premium connectivity in the UK, I have an Apple Music subscription which I plan to keep due to me not being able to sync Spotify music to my Apple Watch for running..so with premium connectivity will I need to also take out a Spotify premium subscription or is this bundled in for the car with the connectivity?

thanks

oli
I checked this with Tesla at their sales centre - it’s the full Spotify for the car only during your free year or month depending on your car. If it’s after your free period - that bit am not sure when you have to pay £10 per month for premium connectivity

Last edited:
Before anyone commits to a service, there have been as many rumours as to new Music services being available for the car as there have been for V11 and FSD beta being available. I suspect that additional music services and V11 are more likely than FSD and are both likely to be related. So far, EM has only mentioned Tidal, which is great as I already use Tidal for home use, but stubs for others have also been mentioned by Green the hacker. But like V11 and FSD beta, things have all gone very quiet of late.

Reactions: moodel_tree
If the Premium Connectivity service is not renewed, connecting via a phone hotspot will still enable the original Tesla Spotify account in-car (but only after engaging 'drive' each time the car is driven from 'park')
Interesting... I will probably end up cancelling the premium subscription since really the only thing that I use on it is Spotify - traffic info on the map is nice and all but I can live without that!

Reactions: DrivenRay
How is Bluetooth vs the car streaming itself? I have Apple Music so was thinking to stream from the phone and maybe control via Siri if it can hear me (previous BMW let me long press the voice button to use Siri through the car mics). Assume you can still skip tracks with the wheel controls when streaming on Bluetooth?

you lose the navigating and selecting what you want but you can’t do that while driving really, and a passenger can just as easily grab your phone.

Assume you can still skip tracks with the wheel controls when streaming on Bluetooth?

you lose the navigating and selecting what you want but you can’t do that while driving really, and a passenger can just as easily grab your phone.
Yes you can skip tracks from the wheel. At least I can with google music/android.
The thing that is annoying though is that my daughter always wants to play music from her phone and you cannot have one phone connected for audio but another for calls sadly. Something my 2012 Skoda could handle.

How is Bluetooth vs the car streaming itself? I have Apple Music so was thinking to stream from the phone and maybe control via Siri if it can hear me (previous BMW let me long press the voice button to use Siri through the car mics). Assume you can still skip tracks with the wheel controls when streaming on Bluetooth?

Don't know about control, but SQ wise, Tesla Bluetooth is one of the better implementations I've heard. I use it to stream Radio Paradise since the UK TuneIn account won't play it due to a rights issue.

I've had my M3LR only a few days, so I'm still learning, but my experience is that you are asked for either a personal Spotify Premium account login or to use the Tesla one provided. I have a free Spotify account that I wanted to link, but it seems like it will only accept a Spotify Premium account to use in the car or the Tesla one provided as part of the premium connectivity. A little disappointing as I wanted to access my playlists, but not the end of the world by any means. It may be possible to share my playlists with the car, but I haven't looked into that at the moment.

The Tesla Spotify seems to work well - quick searching and good quality audio although I guess this depends on your location and signal strength. I have found that when I search for a music track using speech recognition, it defaults to searching Spotify.