Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range on my 2012 85kW pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious of other owners of 85 pack model s range at full charge?

Fully charged my 2012 MS with 82k for a trip and had 233 in the morning. Curious is this is within the range of what my battery at its age and miles should be getting.

What are you getting?

Last time I charged to full 6 months ago, I got ~260 miles on full charge on a 2015 85D with ~60K miles,
The range degradation appears to correlate more to miles driven rather than the battery age. Fair?
I am sure there are other factors such as driving style, amount of SC or other fast charging, how often charged to full, etc.

What is considered too much degradation before Tesla would replace the battery?

So here is my 2012 85 with 82k tonight fully charged. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20180223_210759.jpg
    20180223_210759.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 186
Thoughts
- is range mode on? On will add a 2-3 miles
- what is the ambient temperature? Closer to 70F will add 1-3 miles
- try charging to 100 percent for three consecutive days, and even better, run down to less than 10 percent in between - this will optimize balancing and capacity algorithms, adding a few miles.
- you've got 80k miles and plenty experience: you know that none of this matters. I bet you can get the number up to 240 with the above tips, but so what

Just curious of other owners of 85 pack model s range at full charge?

Fully charged my 2012 MS with 82k for a trip and had 233 in the morning. Curious is this is within the range of what my battery at its age and miles should be getting.

What are you getting?

That 85 range of 233 is not good ... less than a 70D with a range charge of 236 after 3 years/36K miles.

IMG_7596.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
I have a feeling some people are quoting rated range and some are quoting typical range... so I suggest everyone should specify what figure they are actually quoting.

If OP is quoting typical range... then I believe the level of degradation is acceptable