Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reuters: "Tesla readies revamped Model 3 with project 'Highland' -sources" [projected 3rd quarter 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely something there in the promo video and the configurator itself for any market I've checked. No mention of any bumper camera though...

View attachment 970020

View attachment 970019

IMG_0204.jpegIMG_0203.jpeg
I think it’s just a reflection of the red paint on the shiny plastic. The other colors don’t look the same. Maybe a result of the render materials. Or it’s retractable, not on the review units, or will be added later.

IMG_0204.jpegIMG_0203.jpeg

Last edited:
100% of drivers would use an instrument cluster if they had put one in.

No, no no. 100% of YOU would use it (and others would probably use it): I would hate it. And many others would as well.

Instead, a rear screen that is utterly useless to those who never have rear passengers.
And it really nice for those who do - especially folks with kids.

Stop trying to speak for everyone!

Do people often drive with the trunk open??
Absolutely, if I have to transport something long. Current Model 3 does it just fine. Just gotta tie it down. I do wonder how Highland could possibly be legal to drive that way now. I doubt you will even be able to put it into D with the trunk not latched now with those tail lights.

This update and price point will explode sales on this model. In fact I would almost bet with the feature updates, range, and other nits people complain about this update will likely sell more then or near Model Y numbers. All the stalk complaints are incredibly odd to me especially as Most complaining have never even tried it. I went from a MYP to MSP and couldn‘t believe how much nicer it was to loose those 1970’s sticks. You put the car in drive maybe twice per day. Add to that the car does that For you now automatically. Why would this even be a concern unless your in the “change must be bad” cause I read it camp. Signals are exactly where you hand is, not a tough learning curve in my view. With incentives available they will not be able make these fast enough.

All the stalk complaints are incredibly odd to me especially as Most complaining have never even tried it

I was in that camp prior to picking up my new Model X (I'm more pissed about missing the huge price drop but that's Tesla and not relevant here) but have found it to be a perfect location given my elbow resting on door sill plus where my left hand lays on the wheel.

I've become a fan.....

Definitely something there in the promo video and the configurator itself for any market I've checked. No mention of any bumper camera though...

View attachment 970020

View attachment 970019

Something else I noticed is if you spec an LR with black interior the door cards still look like alcantara and look OK, but if you spec a RWD it changes to some nasty looking fabric.

View attachment 970021

Renders in the configurator also don't show the seat perforations, except for the shot advertising the glass roof in the interior spec sub-pictures.
It's a given that there will be some difference in specs between the SR/LR/Performance models. Specially when it comes to battery, range, trim options. I assume standard range will not come with ventilated seats, rear monitor, premium trim, and sound.