Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my M3 on last Friday. In the arcade there were 2 games that I was not able to play, Stardew Valley and Cuphead. Both games showed as "waiting for update." Yesterday I ran the latest update 2020.12. Now Fallout Shelter has appeared, but that game, along with the other two all say "waiting for update." All other games in the arcade play fine.

Anybody have any experience with this, or even better know a solution?

Have a 2017 S with the Infotainment Upgrade (MCU 2) with the same issue. Ditto for Stardew and Cuphead.

Had an update today that enabled the side repeater cameras in reverse, but no update for the scarce games that I could tell...still waiting to update.
17S as well. Had my Infotainment and FSD upgrade done on 6/26. Having same exact issues

After the latest update (2020.28.5) Fallout Shelter went back to “Waiting to update...”.

All other games appear to be okay, just FOS got whacked.

Car lists my software as being up-to-date.

3DD39323-ECB6-4B22-A687-5BECC3BE1398.jpeg 92FA2AEE-77F2-43C5-B4F9-685C7D3967F8.jpeg

I'm having same issue with my MY I just got. The games Cuphead, Stardew Valley, and Fallout are "waiting for update" with no way to force a download. Been leaving the car on Wifi in the garage and still nothing. Car says it's on v10.2 (2020.39.102) with no update available.

Wow. So I scheduled a service appointment from the app before and eventually it was cancelled and I noticed the games started working in my car. I figured maybe they pushed something from their end to make the games download or something. Never actually got contacted about why the service was cancelled but was fine because it wasn't a problem anymore.

Last night my car had and update available. 2020.44.25 downloaded and installed itself and the new Spotify features are there etc. BUT the games are back to saying "Waiting for Download" again!!!! Not sure what's going on here but its really annoying considering I always leave my car plugged in and on wifi overnight. Shouldn't be an issue for downloading if it was just waiting for wifi.

Also sidenote: I'm seeing that part of my FSD options are greyed out in the settings menu also saying they aren't "available in my region" even though I'm in LA and it was available before the update.

Wow. So I scheduled a service appointment from the app before and eventually it was cancelled and I noticed the games started working in my car. I figured maybe they pushed something from their end to make the games download or something. Never actually got contacted about why the service was cancelled but was fine because it wasn't a problem anymore.

Last night my car had and update available. 2020.44.25 downloaded and installed itself and the new Spotify features are there etc. BUT the games are back to saying "Waiting for Download" again!!!! Not sure what's going on here but its really annoying considering I always leave my car plugged in and on wifi overnight. Shouldn't be an issue for downloading if it was just waiting for wifi.

Also sidenote: I'm seeing that part of my FSD options are greyed out in the settings menu also saying they aren't "available in my region" even though I'm in LA and it was available before the update.

I had a "infotainment update" last Wednesday.
It came installed with 2020.44.25.
Initially it was constantly starting to download the updates for Cuphead but it looped.
I changed usb with a 500GB T5 disk. (Formatted in FAT32-4096 with guiformat).
From now on I have no updates waiting for download and the games are not available.
I called support yesterday and they did send a update. It can take 24hrs according to the engineer.... so I need to wait another 3hrs.

I do think USB drive is needed to install this games?

• Informative
Reactions: JBT66
Anyone any news on this (I’m a bit late to the party) but have same problem - I’m on 2020.48.35.5 and I see a bunch of new games (I’ve never played the old ones...) but want to see if solitaire is like the old Microsoft Windows one of days gone by! It is ‘waiting to upload’ and my car is sat by the house constantly connected to wifi.... is the current solution still to book a service appointment for it?

This problem has been resolved for me. Here's the deal:
  • The games came packaged within a given update.
  • If your WiFi connection isn't good, or anything else interrupts the download, that update will skip the games portion.
  • Once the games have been skipped, they don't show up again in future updates.
  • The solution is to schedule for service in the app. Service will contact you and push the games update again.
  • Make sure you have a *really* strong WiFi signal this time.

Reactions: Chris350
This problem has been resolved for me. Here's the deal:
  • The games came packaged within a given update.
  • If your WiFi connection isn't good, or anything else interrupts the download, that update will skip the games portion.
  • Once the games have been skipped, they don't show up again in future updates.
  • The solution is to schedule for service in the app. Service will contact you and push the games update again.
  • Make sure you have a *really* strong WiFi signal this time.
Thanks this is useful - I’ll do this and see if it works. It’s not AT ALL necessary as I’ve not actually played any of the games beyond a quick look in 6 months - but not a real play - but would be nice to have a little nosy at them and mum might enjoy solitaire while I’m in the supermarket more than she realises she might!

Thanks this is useful - I’ll do this and see if it works. It’s not AT ALL necessary as I’ve not actually played any of the games beyond a quick look in 6 months - but not a real play - but would be nice to have a little nosy at them and mum might enjoy solitaire while I’m in the supermarket more than she realises she might!

Same here, I really don't play most of them... except 2048. That game is a major time sink, and makes 25 minutes at the supercharger feel like 30 seconds.