Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
man i am really wishing i set up an option account sooner...

It's been like printing money, I won't lie. And that's dangerous. The hardest thing is making sure you take some profits and when re-rolling not doubling down. Even though to date that would have been a winning strategy. ;)

Eventually it's going to catch some people though.

Staying steady at high $78's right now - impressive.

bonnie, the solution to the capital gains issue is to buy the stock in an IRA or 401K, no tax on capital gains.
Of course they get you as you withdraw the money later... But it's more money to withdraw :)

As far as not selling too soon, I'm in with house money from my previous profits, I can afford to be very patient.
Why not enjoy the ride I say :)

Yes, I understand the benefits of retirement accounts - but right now the only IRA money I can play with is from a rollover. The rest is in my employer 401k, which is more difficult. So the majority of my holding is held in a trading account. And I'm good with that, especially since the plan has always been to stay long on this stock.

Not selling until we surpass APPL as retirement would be an option at that point. Not to bring them into the discussion but to point out what kind of trajectory the company/stock is on and how long to stay long :wink:

Willing to ride the waves but I feel comfortable investing in TSLA long term with their leadership; specifically Elon, GB, Franz

For those that are long term, is there a number where you are willing to sell your shares? Where you think its too top heavy and you would rather sell to buy back in later to play with the houses money so to speak? I am in at 29 dollars roughly and I am wondering if I should do this or stick with a no sell policy.
I can tell you if it hits 120, I'm converting my TSLA gains into a P85+!

So many people shorted this thing yesterday looking for quick money - they are hurting bad today.

Keep it up shorties, you're making us rich!

I wonder how many new Tesla Model S reservations will happen as there is a fan base that is suddenly far more capitalized?

BTW buying opportunity approaching...

Yeah, I'm toying with the idea of shorting it by buying some Puts.

Playing with fire right now. IF their earnings call is good, which it very well could be and all signs point to it, you're in trouble. Buy puts - I wouldn't short it. I'm not even sure shares are available to short really. When it was at $26 last week there were none available.

However, their last earnings call wasn't so great and they fell from like $21 to $15 or so.

So many people shorted this thing yesterday looking for quick money - they are hurting bad today.

Keep it up shorties, you're making us rich!

I wonder how many new Tesla Model S reservations will happen as there is a fan base that is suddenly far more capitalized?

BTW buying opportunity approaching...
The irony of using the capital of Tesla shorters to buy more Teslas makes me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.