Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 17.17.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lucky ! Congrats
Just installed update. Changed guest network on router to "Tesla" and dedicated that SSID for updates only. Have many devices installed on router (sec cams, ROKU, Apple TV, etc) and probably were interrupting downloads. 30 minutes after creating "Tesla" SSID 17.4.4 started coming through. Took 45 minutes for entire install.

Just installed update, coming from 17.11.10 which had been deteriorating quite rapidly. Very anxious to try it on my daily commute tomorrow (80 miles). Today on the way home autopilot was atrocious. Hit the drunk bumps (rumble strips) 2 or 3 times, crossed the center line many times, and was concerned enough that it might sideswipe a semi that I yanked the wheel. Told myself I'm done with autopilot until I get the update and bingo, get home and connect to wifi and get a notification on the app saying update available about an hour later! :)

900 people who have registered with EV-FW have downloaded it - which probably means two or three thousand folks without registrations have.

No, 22 people registered for ev-fw had reported it. It was @Pilot4Hire102 that mentioned 900 had it. ev-fw only has 921 cars registered at all (most are pre-AP2).

And as usual, all this complaining clears the log jam.. I just got my update notification.

Anyone know what the approximate size of the update is? My Google Wifi setup tells me how much data is being sent/received by each device, and maybe I'll be able to tell when I get it. Sometimes, the app notification doesn't seem to work.

Just installed update. Changed guest network on router to "Tesla" and dedicated that SSID for updates only. Have many devices installed on router (sec cams, ROKU, Apple TV, etc) and probably were interrupting downloads. 30 minutes after creating "Tesla" SSID 17.4.4 started coming through. Took 45 minutes for entire install.

I ended up doing something similar. Tried my normal SSID for days and couldn't get the Tesla to connect. On a whim, tried my guest network (same router), and it connected. I don't know if it's a setting or interference from another device on the main network, but whatever. It's not like the Tesla needs access to my NAS.

Luckily 17.17.4 did fix my "Cruise not available" problem. So far it is still working this morning and driving much better than it did before the bug showed up three weeks ago.

Lucky you... after installing 17.17.4 on 5/6 morning I had AP features working and no "cruise not available"... on 5/7 whole day and about 200 miles I had all day "cruise not available" :( thankfully next day (today) 5/8 I have all AP features working fine whole day and about 200 miles... wondering what tomorrow brings?

how about you guys with new 17.17.4 software? I notice issues with sound... when I pull cruise stalk 4 times for cowbells sometimes it overlaps with regular music and it just plays on top of each other :(.... and I usually stream music from my iPhone.... and at times it detects this streaming as phone call for a few seconds... then goes back to normal playing music... Rebooted phone, rebooted car (two screen wheels pressed for 10 seconds to reboot main tablet computer and then two buttons held for 10 seconds above the scroll wheels on steering wheel to reboot dashboard computer).... and well after all 3 reboots I still get every few hours of driving or sitting in the car (my mobile office lol) music playing as phone call for a few seconds and then it goes back to normal... weird... it seems like some bug in this software related to music. Anyone has same issue? it hasn't happened before on any 17.x.x software earlier for me...

Reactions: Ulmo
looks to me like auto-change lane with Autosteer works much better... there is a few times that it missed and lost track what it is doing in the middle of the process but I would say in my opinion I see improvement! It used to act weird on 60% occasions of change lane and now I see it shifty at 10% of attempts. So it seems to be improving in my opinion.... I see also less left/right movements on curves... I feel it keeps curves a bit better. Not as good as AP1 was but better. Comparing to AP1 I see that AP2 keeps distance to the car in front better than AP1... when car in front of me brakes harder AP1 was getting uncomfortable close for me to the car in front even on 7 settings... on AP2 I keep it on 4-5 and even if car in front brakes hard AP2 stays behind in comfortable for me distance allowing me secondary reaction if I need to. AP1 wouldn't leave me much time to react at all... I feel I could be comfortable to drive on 1-2 settings for following distance on AP2 but after a year on AP1 with 50k in a year of LA traffic I feel not comfortable yet to lower it down :) I tend to switch 3-4 when I got someone in front of me driving normally but if the driver in front gets away and I have clear path I tend to switch to 7 until I get another car to follow... I prefer approaching cars in front giving greater distance at first. when driving manually I tend to stay closer than AP but with AP I prefer having more distance and chance to correct mistake as AP1 was getting too close and I had to step hard on brakes manually a few times to avoid collision (with red AEB kicking in as well on AutoSteer)... AP2 feels more comfortable but just there yet... but close! How is your opinion? Anyone who has experience also with AP1 for about 50k? So far on AP2 I have 7k already :)

• Informative
Reactions: NerdUno
Not doubting you or trying to shoot the messenger, and really appreciate you trying to add to the conversation, but the facts don't quite make sense.

This update has gone to 2,500 people, of which 900 have downloaded it. So why does EV-FW show 21 people got it on Saturday and then only 2-3 on Sunday/Monday. If 65% of the updates are still outstanding, how is the rate on EV-FW so off for the last two days after being much faster on the first day?

Second, the last big update was 17.11.10. You say this went to the same amount (2,500 people) in the first batch. But it hit 80 cars in the first 3 days, while 17.17.4 is at 28, which is one third the rate.

First day numbers:
17.3.2 (first AP2): 140
17.5.28: 55
17.9.3: 20
17.11.3: 133
17.11.10: 42
17.17.4: 22
ev-fw only does people that use ev-fw. You have to apply statistics to figure out its meaning. To those of us watching ev-fw, teslafi, TMC, and our cars, we already figured out most of the information in the "inside information" post above (by Mr. Hire the CII), but that post gave very detailed data points that most of us were just guessing approximate numbers. It's a wonderful post indeed!

Anyone with 17.11.45 receive the update yet? I'm still waiting

Same here.

Also, I'm not sure what the "multiple" section is on ev-fw.com but as I looked at it, it would seem to indicate that no one with 17.11.45 has been updated yet.

this is very interesting, as I have mum's Model X 38070 (white X90D), that got the update Saturday night (from the previous version 17.11.10), whereas my black Model X 38066 (black X90D inb4racist), that I had upgraded to 17.11.45, and it still hasn't got it. Grrr.

Using excuses to use mums car now until mine gets the update haha

• Funny
Reactions: anonim1979