Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 17.17.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have a workaround I like better that braking. I just quickly adjust TACC speed down a few notches and seems to work well once you get a feeling for it. No need to disengage/reengage
I've been doing the same thing, slowing the TACC speed down to 18 mph when approaching stopped cars when the car does not slow down early enough. It also works approaching red lights when you are waiting for it to turn green if no one is in front to slow the car.

I'm traveling and my car's been sitting at home plugged in and on wifi since Sunday morning and have not received the update either. If I haven't received by the time I'm back home on Saturday I'll swing by the SC on Monday morning and ask them to initiate the update.

I received mine via LTE. I was plugged in and on WIFI for days after release. I head to a restaurant with the wife and bingo, software update is available. I initiate from the parking lot and it installed while eating. Strange. But, I'll take it.

I have tried several different extenders over the years and have always been disappointed by the performance. I recently upgraded to a mesh home network with Google WiFi using 3 units to cover my 3 story 6500sq ft house, and am very impressed with the speed, coverage, and usability. There are now several brands available (Eero, Netgear Orbi, Google) at various price points. Some may be slightly faster, but my Google WiFi has been rock solid for the last 5 months and the app is very easy to use. I finally have good coverage in my garage!

I agree wifi extenders are complete junk. Iv never had one work properly

In your situation, I would go with something higher end. Check out ubiquiti Unifi. They are made to be spread across a home and offer amazing coverage

Reactions: NerdUno
Here's the notes:

6Tyd8sE.jpg

Z9OFlD2.jpg

Just got the 17.17.4 on my 75D A.P 2.0 with premium tech pkg. No Auto High Beam in the release notes, thou..

I received mine via LTE. I was plugged in and on WIFI for days after release. I head to a restaurant with the wife and bingo, software update is available. I initiate from the parking lot and it installed while eating. Strange. But, I'll take it.

You got it WiFi.

The car downloads a large file, then spends time verifying that it's right before it tells you. Your car most likely got it over WiFi, verified as you drove, and then told you when you put it in park.

Just got the 17.17.4 on my 75D A.P 2.0 with premium tech pkg. No Auto High Beam in the release notes, thou..
If you scroll, you should see the notes. I have not heard of Premium tech package. Do you mean Premium Upgrade Package? If you have PUP, you should have the auto high beams function.
I dont have PUP but got the auto high beams option on my model S

Anyone in Canada get it yet?

According to the Tesla firmware upgrade tracker, no one in Canada would've received it yet. Of course, that doesn't mean people have not received it just that no one in Canada who has logged it in.