Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Certainly seems like they found a bunch of problems, the strong install numbers on ev-fw.com have slowed to a trickle for the last two days. Also YouTube is blowing mostly tumbleweeds when you're searching for V9 driving videos from this week.
That's definitely not a wide rollout anymore.

I got the update notification last night at 3:29 AM and kicked off the update earlier today. Unfortunately I’m traveling today and only had only about 10 minutes to drive around and see all the new stuff. I like the new UI, seems to be a lot cleaner.

I would say the biggest complaint I’ve seen from people is not being able to put the rear view camera display at the top of the screen. Since I couldn’t care less about the rear view camera except when backing up (and find it incredibly distracting to have it on when driving forward) that limitation doesn’t bother me at all. I expect they’ll push an update that allows the rear view to be at the top due to all the complaining, but I just can’t understand what the big deal about having it on all the time is. With the mirrors adjusted properly you can practically eliminate blind spots, but to each their own.

It seems like the v9 can detect construction zone & pedestrians.

71E6FC0A-64BD-49DD-B332-175123A45E45.jpeg 2E101DE1-328C-4AE4-AA75-F255F33CD7A5.jpeg

I have a suspicion that the map being held in its position is due to Nav on AP. Once activated you will need the navigation app up and running. They want you to be able to quickly see it and verify proper navigation.
You can see proper NAV - right on the dash .... & don't even need to have to take your eyes so far off the road to look at the screen. If that's their rational - time to dummy down I.Q. tests for Tesla DEV's.

Are you normally on WiFi? It'll only download on WiFi. Also give your IC and CID a restart as well in case there's an error that isn't visible.
Yup it sits in my garage on WiFi every night. Is this the same maps as the IC Vector Maps from a while back ago? My vehicle never got those (I saw them in a 2018 loaner), but I just assumed it was an MCU1 vs MCU2 type of thing.

You should've got them by now because you would've seen an alert saying maps were updated.
I received notifications of map updates in December 2016 and April 2018. We didn't get any notification when the most recent maps were downloaded on our four cars.. It doesn't appear they are still posting an alert once the maps have been updated.

Reactions: MIT_S60
Yes, if on v9. That's the best test to see whether you have them I guess? Do you have the Tesla nav in the IC (higher rez graphics for nav map in IC and street name bubbles)?
Nope. I have only seen the updated nav in the IC when I had an AP2.5/MCU2 service loaner. My AP2.0/MCU1 doesn't have it, neither did a pair of AP1/MCU1 nor a pre-AP service loaners have it from my experience at the end of the summer. I'll ask about it when I go in to get the screen replaced for the yellow-bordering next month.

Did anyone noticed that the map no longer renders green traffic? I missed it because green used to tell me traffic is clear vs no data. Now I had to assume that.

Also, my 360 view on the IC shows cars to the side but not directly behind. Is that normal? Given how far forward the car is drawn, I would expect a car directly following me to show up.