Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they rearrange the climate so its now in one screen? That is almost as big as the mirror geolocation! Maybe bigger since it is still snowing here (and will be for a couple months).
Yeah, it seems like it. Just wondering if going to the options will still auto enable HVAC. If so, yes, a small enhancement which saves one touch/click.

I would love to enable only the seat and steering wheel heaters without having to turn on HVAC as was possible in V8 if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: Sambas and croman
Yeah, it seems like it. Just wondering if going to the options will still auto enable HVAC. If so, yes, a small enhancement which saves one touch/click.

I would love to enable only the seat and steering wheel heaters without having to turn on HVAC as was possible in V8 if I'm not mistaken.
Why not turn these on and then hold the fan to turn off the HVAC? It isn’t like having the HVAC on for a few seconds is going to affect your battery charge in any meaningful way.

Why not turn these on and then hold the fan to turn off the HVAC? It isn’t like having the HVAC on for a few seconds is going to affect your battery charge in any meaningful way.

Its more the wear and tear on the compressor and PTC (though that might already be on for battery heat). Plus, why do we have to turn something off just to get something to turn on? Its inefficient and I hope Tesla realizes that. v8 worked great.

Reactions: ramonneke
Same here, just tested and behavior is still that is you go to the options that HVAC is always turned on.

Another super annoying issue is that if you turn HVAC off that is immediately closes the popup dialog!

So you cannot for example, got to HVAC/winter settings (auto turn on HVAC), disable HVAC, then enable steeringwheel/seat/mirror/window heaters. You MUST first enable the heaters and then turn off HVAC.

• Informative
Reactions: croman and rnortman
So, is 4.2 the S/X version of 2019.5.x (which only 3's have)? What happened to the combined codebase? Or are we (S/X) still waiting for 5.x for Dog/Sentry and 4.2 was step one? This is getting weird... Seems like 5.x would just roll to everyone and not roll two versions at the same time, but now it (5.x) has now slowed recently. (Working on 2019.5.4 since Tesla can't test anything?)

upload_2019-2-20_11-58-12.png

Reactions: croman
Just got 2019.4.2 from 2018.50.6 :)

Same here, from 2018.50.7 today.

Notes from first test drive:

1. 2019.4.2 shows a drastic improvement in AP cornering on countryside roads: for the first time ever on my standard test-stretch it managed a very tight 110° bend @30kph, just going over the line a half metre before recovering to correct side.

2. In general very smooth behaviour on motorway, however when taking an exit at less than set speed as one breaks out into TACC the car accelerates to set max when given space, i.e. it has reverted to the behaviour of several versions earlier.

3. Blindspot warning chime fails to work at all, probably for everyone?

4.2 is just 'Blind Spot Warning Chimes', 'Auto-Folding Mirrors Based on Location','New Language Support','Cold Weather (merge of the cold weather features and climate into one menu).

Have to figure Sentry mode and Dog Mode are still not ready for us yet...
Right, but all the bugs in 5.1/2/3 should not have gotten out the door. From Tesla_Raj's reviews, these are things like the basic function isn't even there. QA has completely evaporated, sad to say. We are back to, it compiles, ship it. :(

Edit: For example, blind spot chime does not work in any of these releases. Sentry alarm push to app does not work at all. Seems like these are basic functionality that should be tested in alpha QA before it is ever shipped. And definitely not present in the third version shipped to clients. WTF? Did they lose that many programmers/testers/whatever?

Last edited:
Right, but all the bugs in 5.1/2/3 should not have gotten out the door. From Tesla_Raj's reviews, these are things like the basic function isn't even there. QA has completely evaporated, sad to say. We are back to, it compiles, ship it. :(

Edit: For example, blind spot chime does not work in any of these releases. Sentry alarm push to app does not work at all. Seems like these are basic functionality that should be tested in alpha QA before it is ever shipped. And definitely not present in the third version shipped to clients. WTF? Did they lose that many programmers/testers/whatever?

Given the extremely limited number of cars who have gotten 2019.5.x, I would not call this a full release or failure of production QA. We don’t know how many Alpha or Beta cars are on Teslafi.com