Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed with the no-confirmation lane change on NOA, almost all the lane changes, simultaneously, prompts the "apply light pressure to steering wheel" before the vehicle will change lane. I would have to apply pressure, and then the car will change lane.

Will play with it again later when I leave work but thought that was interesting. Not sure if it's intended that way, to require you to apply the pressure to steering wheel, prior to lane change.

I've noticed with the no-confirmation lane change on NOA, almost all the lane changes, simultaneously, prompts the "apply light pressure to steering wheel" before the vehicle will change lane. I would have to apply pressure, and then the car will change lane.

Will play with it again later when I leave work but thought that was interesting. Not sure if it's intended that way, to require you to apply the pressure to steering wheel, prior to lane change.

It wants your hands to be on the wheel, and is obviously performing the detection check.

First reactions on 2018.8.5.... Watching it very closely (as always....)
Highway lane changes continue to have a problem which first appeared for me in 2018.8.3... It will go 1/4 of the way into the new lane and then abort the lane change. This occurs with no nearby traffic, but maybe only when the lane markers are dashed white. (seems to work with solid yellow). I'm surprised since this seemed to work perfectly in earlier releases.