Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

ThomRhodes

Mar 21, 2017
Oxfordshire
Hey all.

My MX Jan ‘17 is in the Service Centre and it just downloaded and installed the latest update available. 2019.8.5

Does anyone know what this update actually entails? I’m intrigued.

• Disagree
Reactions: ABC2D

powaking

Feb 1, 2018
Massachusetts
Woke up at 6am and saw I received a push at about an hour earlier that my car had an update. Update took about 35-40 mins and I received 8.5, about a week after receiving 8.3.

Reactions: Gt1948

jvl007

Jan 5, 2019
SF Bay Area
I've noticed with the no-confirmation lane change on NOA, almost all the lane changes, simultaneously, prompts the "apply light pressure to steering wheel" before the vehicle will change lane. I would have to apply pressure, and then the car will change lane.

Will play with it again later when I leave work but thought that was interesting. Not sure if it's intended that way, to require you to apply the pressure to steering wheel, prior to lane change.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
I've noticed with the no-confirmation lane change on NOA, almost all the lane changes, simultaneously, prompts the "apply light pressure to steering wheel" before the vehicle will change lane. I would have to apply pressure, and then the car will change lane.

Will play with it again later when I leave work but thought that was interesting. Not sure if it's intended that way, to require you to apply the pressure to steering wheel, prior to lane change.

It wants your hands to be on the wheel, and is obviously performing the detection check.

bobvdk

Apr 5, 2019
Medford Massachusetts USA
First reactions on 2018.8.5.... Watching it very closely (as always....)
Highway lane changes continue to have a problem which first appeared for me in 2018.8.3... It will go 1/4 of the way into the new lane and then abort the lane change. This occurs with no nearby traffic, but maybe only when the lane markers are dashed white. (seems to work with solid yellow). I'm surprised since this seemed to work perfectly in earlier releases.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC