Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not all 2018 have MCU/2. As stated above, it was around March 2018 when MCU/2 came out.

Also note, that Sentry mode needs to have a USB to be activated according to Elon's tweet that I published above. While not necessarily written into the Model S and Model X Release Notes, if you have AP2.5 and MCU/2, you should be able to plug in the USB and see the option appear.

I haven't seen any confirmation with 2019.8.x that Sentry mode is available for MCU/1 regardless if you have AP2 or AP2.5.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow once 20918.8.x starts rolling out beyond Early Access Participants.
My S100D production was in Oct 2018. I gt 19.8.1 but no Sentry mode

I just installed 2019.8.2 on my M3P. This follows up on an update I got last week. Will report back here once I get a chance to see what's included.
Is that yours on TeslaFi? Just saw the first one pop up on there. Hope it drives better than 2019.5.14 while on TACC and in traffic, too many times have I had to accelerate due to phantom breaking, the people behind me must think I’m nuts :)

Is that yours on TeslaFi? Just saw the first one pop up on there. Hope it drives better than 2019.5.14 while on TACC and in traffic, too many times have I had to accelerate due to phantom breaking, the people behind me must think I’m nuts :)

Here's the 2019.8.2 release notes. It has the peak power improvement.

IMG_6010.JPG

• Disagree
Reactions: boonedocks
You got those release notes on a Model S?
Not Mine. someone posted it. Looks like a Model 3 screen.

We do know that Elon said that everything is in 2019.8, so I assume they are working on final bugs with .1 which is why this is a .2. Let's hope they get it right and release the final 2019.8 this weekend. Already a day past his original post, which we all know it's not always accurate.

Not Mine. someone posted it. Looks like a Model 3 screen.

We do know that Elon said that everything is in 2019.8, so I assume they are working on final bugs with .1 which is why this is a .2. Let's hope they get it right and release the final 2019.8 this weekend. Already a day past his original post, which we all know it's not always accurate.

Didn't take a photo of mine but I had the exact same notes on my P3D. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet but looking forward to testing out the increased power :)

Also, if not clear, if you have Sentry, it’s in the app (Controls) and in the car Settings/Security menu off the screen (at least on the Model 3). So, be sure to have the USB set up as for the dashcam and scroll down. Check that the dashcam is active also as some have reported having to reformat the USB.

Be nice to know when S/X really get all the 3 features... 2019.8.x seems to be the one?

Be nice to know when S/X really get all the 3 features... 2019.8.x seems to be the one?
Guaranteed the 5% power increase won’t make it to the classic RWD Model S. The slow Teslas that Elon denies exist.
“We don’t make slow cars...”

We don’t get Chill mode despite it being already available (just take the PIN and glovebox/frunk lockout away from Valet mode) and 5.4 second 0 to 60 isn’t anything special. The 60 owners have it worse at 5.9.

Guaranteed the 5% power increase won’t make it to the classic RWD Model S.

I don't think any S or X is getting a 5% power increase. That is only the 3s. Supposedly they have gained confidence after getting fleet and maintenance data, but a more cynical viewpoint is that they artificially depressed the specs (range and 0-60 both) of the 3 to avoid cannibalizing S and X sales, which are higher margin. Now that they have volume production of the 3 I think they'd rather sell more 3s so they're removing the artificial limits to boost demand.

Guaranteed the 5% power increase won’t make it to the classic RWD Model S. The slow Teslas that Elon denies exist.

We don’t get Chill mode despite it being already available (just take the PIN and glovebox/frunk lockout away from Valet mode) and 5.4 second 0 to 60 isn’t anything special. The 60 owners have it worse at 5.9.

I don’t consider my S85 from 2015 as slow.
Chill mode, which my AP1 car has received is nice if you have passengers that are quickly car sick, as it reduces accelerations and decelerations but in the end it just makes the car really slower. So if you are unhappy with the classic 85 perf specs, it’s odd that you are asking for the chill mode.
I’m passed 150000 km / 90000 miles and the car has not lost its performance either. Not sure ICE cars hold their horses as well.

I consider that I still have what I chose to buy and got even more with the succeeding updates.

No one promised a faster UI, new Waze level GPS, much improved remote app features, and I won’t start the list of features added in the car’s software.
And still I received them. Greatest car and service imho.

Yeah, I obviously didn’t mean the power increase. :D I meant everything else (Dog, Sentry, whatever) since 3 has gotten a ton and most S/X are on a release from December. So much for ‘always get it first and will be the better csr’. Guess I’ll give that quote up. Lol.