Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update v8.1 2018.32.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is it just me or do the navigation instructions now have a little volume control symbol at the top so you can mute the Nav?
Well, I know it can used to mute the nav (I've tested it), just can't remember if it was there before or not. :)

It was there before; at least 2018.18.

I always have directions muted, thus my enhancement request #7:
Single touch to speak next direction even when directions muted (my 2002 Lexus has this, and it's surprisingly handy)
)

The "vampire drain" is a feature, not a bug. According to the user's manual, you can expect a 1% loss of battery per day to maintain electronic systems and condition the battery (it is warmed/cooled as needed according to ambient temperature to optimize its function and longevity). 1% per day = 25 miles per day more or less. The manual suggests that you consider this when parking for a prolonged period.

I'm amazed so many people are spending so much time on whether a car icon brake lights are bright or dim :)
Not exactly high functionality, more to amuse the passengers.
Personally if I'm on the brakes I'm looking at what I'm slowing down for, not to see if the car avatar has brake lights ;)
Not really sure what you mean. I haven't noticed anyone throwing molotovs at Tesla about it. It's just a minor glitch that's been noticed, and it's being discussed.

The "vampire drain" is a feature, not a bug. According to the user's manual, you can expect a 1% loss of battery per day to maintain electronic systems and condition the battery (it is warmed/cooled as needed according to ambient temperature to optimize its function and longevity). 1% per day = 25 miles per day more or less. The manual suggests that you consider this when parking for a prolonged period.

I think you mean that 1% per day = 3 miles per day.

I noticed this morning that autopilot zeroes in on cars changing lanes in front of me a bit earlier than before. The car moving in used to have to be almost entirely in my lane before the display darkened the ghost car image and my 3 started to slow down. Now less than half way in my car reacts.

did you mean 2.5 miles?

I noticed this morning that autopilot zeroes in on cars changing lanes in front of me a bit earlier than before. The car moving in used to have to be almost entirely in my lane before the display darkened the ghost car image and my 3 started to slow down. Now less than half way in my car reacts.
I’ve noticed mine doing that too. Much safer feeling, especially at merge points.
It’s also more likely to stay on the highway when going past exits. Several exits that used to require intervention only need light counter pressure to stay on track.
Autosteer seems to be more sure of itself somehow.

did you mean 2.5 miles?

Should be 3.1 miles on the LR battery and 2.2 for the SR battery.

anyone notice that the temp needs to be turned down quite a bit now for the AC to feel "good"? Usually I keep it set between 70-73F and now I have to lower it to 65-67 for it to kick in a comfortable stream of cool air

Not me. I set it at 72 F and I'm comfy. In cold weather I'll set it to heat to 70 and in hot weather I'll set it to cool to 75. The only time it's less than comfortable is starting out on a hot day, it blows cold air pretty aggressively to cool the cabin faster. But I can direct the wind to the empty passenger side if I want.

But I don't like excessive cooling in hot weather or excessive heating in cold weather.

anyone notice that the temp needs to be turned down quite a bit now for the AC to feel "good"? Usually I keep it set between 70-73F and now I have to lower it to 65-67 for it to kick in a comfortable stream of cool air

Yes, I noticed that the temperature has to be turned down lower than before to achieve the same level of comfort. I don't precondition the car unless it's really hot inside (>110F) and has been in the sun. If the app says the interior is around 90F after setting around in partial shade, I'd expect the HVAC to be on a pretty high speed when I first get in the car to get it to cool quickly. However, when I get in the car with it set at 72F, the fan stays at a relatively low speed and it feels uncomfortable for a few minutes unless I change the set temp manually.

I noticed that the front seat fan speed is higher if the back seat vents are on and slower when it's off. Probably due to needing to push more air physically farther. If I keep the back seat vents on, the temperature tends to come down to a more comfortable level faster as a result, but then the trade off is that it gets colder than the temperature I've set and I have to turn the temp up.

With how difficult it is to work the HVAC controls when the car is moving, it's just the latest annoyance that should be easily fixable.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Yes, I noticed that the temperature has to be turned down lower than before to achieve the same level of comfort. I don't precondition the car unless it's really hot inside (>110F) and has been in the sun. If the app says the interior is around 90F after setting around in partial shade, I'd expect the HVAC to be on a pretty high speed when I first get in the car to get it to cool quickly. However, when I get in the car with it set at 72F, the fan stays at a relatively low speed and it feels uncomfortable for a few minutes unless I change the set temp manually.

Curious. I find that with the temp set at 72, if I get in the car when it's been sitting in the sun and the interior is hot, it blasts a powerful gale of cold air at me for the first few minutes, until the inside temp comes down.