Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solved: wind noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, many have added them (2-3 designs out now) since first seen on MiC Model 3s/Ys.

Wind noise with these cars remains a. hit/miss b. relative (individual perception, tolerance) regardless of installed/fixed parts c. and a function of car age (thanks frameless side windows).

• Informative
Reactions: M109Rider
Yes, many have added them (2-3 designs out now) since first seen on MiC Model 3s/Ys.

Wind noise with these cars remains a. hit/miss b. relative (individual perception, tolerance) regardless of installed/fixed parts c. and a function of car age (thanks frameless side windows).
Good to know.
I was thinking of adding them, but if it’s hit and miss, I may not bother. The wind noise in my 2018 is fine. We have a 2022 as well, (both model 3’s), and the wind noise difference is negligible.
Thought if it made a difference I may give it a go.

Retrofitted on a 2018 unicorn....
20220827_084714.jpg

Reactions: tlr1000
Yes, installing this design last year had more of an impact on wind noise than water ingress into the frunk/over the FUCAs.

You can find these and the other designs all over the internet now. From local Tesla aftermarket part resellers to Amazon, eBay motors, Alibaba, Aliexpress, etc.
Would someone be so kind as to post a link to a part (or parts) for sale that they’ve had personal luck with in terms of wind noise elimination?