Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg

Spotted in Sydney. (AUS: 497)

I must admit astonishment in the spotting department for Brisbane/Gold Coast/Sunshine coast. Ive just spent 4 days on the road visiting clients(8:00am to 6:00pm) all over metro Brisbane and Gold coast and not 1 Model S did I spot.? If that wasn't bad enough I got stuck with a Crumpeldoor - geez ICE's with no autopilot are dangerous ! The guys at AVIS looked at me like I had two heads when I suggested that they should have a Model S in their range.:confused:

I must admit astonishment in the spotting department for Brisbane/Gold Coast/Sunshine coast. Ive just spent 4 days on the road visiting clients(8:00am to 6:00pm) all over metro Brisbane and Gold coast and not 1 Model S did I spot.? If that wasn't bad enough I got stuck with a Crumpeldoor - geez ICE's with no autopilot are dangerous ! The guys at AVIS looked at me like I had two heads when I suggested that they should have a Model S in their range.:confused:

I've been doing my level best to be spotted last 2 days. Driving around Brisbane metro plenty. No luck for either of us it seems.

Living 5 K from St Leonards, i still rarely see one in Sydney. Perhaps once or twice a week. Admittedly, i am retired and i am on the roads not at peak (if i can possibly avoid it), but even so. I charge at St Leonards at least once a week, and even then, i rarely see one, even on approach to the service centre!!

Most days I will see at least one other model S on the M2 or around Macquarie Park.

Briefly went to the city today and saw a bright red one with "on-tap2" number plate.

updated---

just did did some research "On-Tap" is a hire car firm which includes Tesla Model S on their list of vehicles.