Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my SR yesterday in Tempe, ordered 2/28. It's incredible. Seems too good to be true that I actually got the SR+ leather interior at $35k. I did have to pay the $3k for autopilot that I momentarily wasn't supposed to, but whatever.

Delivery was easy. The paint and panels are really nice. I've since looked at any older Model 3 I happen upon...I think the panel fitment has gotten quite a bit better. Specifically the rear doors of older cars I see seem to not fit very well compared to mine.

I absolutely have working fog lights. I also have working seat heaters. My screen says SR+. I think at some point my software will update and those features will be removed. I also have SR+ battery range, so I'm just waiting for the day that gets throttled back.

This car is an amazing deal at $38k.

Reactions: MXWing and 3laine
Disabling the fog lights is hilarious. Tesla prides itself on their cars being the safest ones you can buy. So now they are going to sell you a car that has fog lights installed but software disable them so that you can’t see clearly when driving through heavy fog. Makes perfect sense.

The majority of the safety features are not even an option on the the LT trim of the Volt.

You need to buy the Premier trim AND the driver confidence packages (both of them) if you want all that Chevrolet offers for the safety of the driver.

No one should make one single complaint about the 3SR. You get a $35,000 car that would have been over $40,000 in 2016 money which was when the car was announced.

The SR was never supposed to have LED fog lights, so I don't see it as a suprise:

It was a surprise because the latest price changes made me think that the SR would have Partial Premium Interior, with some specific features disabled. With that I started ignoring the Standard Interior, assuming it simply does not exist anymore. And since I never saw any mention that LED fog lights would be disabled, I assumed it was included.

I’ll sum up what you got:

More than you deserve.

That goes for any SR purchaser.
I agree that it's a great car at a great price. But IMO that's no excuse for lack of transparency and confusion.

I picked up my Model 3 SR today. $35,000 car with zero options. What a fantastic car. Way better than I hoped. What an upgrade from the Leaf I've been driving for the past 8 years. I'm looking forward to my first road-trip this weekend.

Congratulations! Since you are one of the first, can you confirm the following:

1) Can you turn on the heat in either the front or rear seats?
2) Can you turn on the fog lights?
3) Is your range showing 220 or 240 at 100%

I agree that it's a great car at a great price. But IMO that's no excuse for lack of transparency and confusion.

That’s Tesla.

Like it or not, excuse it or not - that’s Elon and Tesla.

People that work there don’t question things even. They find out developments by looking at their bosses twitter.

Adding a 3rd Tesla to the family today. I embrace chaos. :)

So now I've asked the LV person for a list of features that are included or excluded in the SR model.

I got an answers from Tesla, here's the official list:

POWER ADJUSTABLE STEERING WHEEL

ADJUSTABLE FRONT SEATS

HEATED FRONT SEATS

PREMIUM ENGINEERED SEAT MATERIAL (BLACK)

PREMIUM OPEN PORE WOOD

INTERIOR CARPETING

FRONT TRUNK AND INTERIOR FLOOR MATS

MAP AND READING LIGHTS

CENTER CONSOLE W/STORAGE – 4 USB PORTS – DOCKING FOR 2 SMART PHONES

AUDIO SYSTEM WITH 8 SPEAKERS

STANDARD MAPS

NAVIATION ROUTING BASED ON LIVE TRAFFIC VISUALIZATION

BLUTOOTH MEDIA AND FM RADIO

SOFTWARE UPDATES OVER WIFI

CUSTOM DRIVER PROFILES

AUTO DIMMING – POWER FOLDING – HEATED SIDE VIEW MIRRORS

TINTED GLASS ROOF WITH ULTRAVIOLET AND INFARED PROTECTION
No fog lights, but yes heated seats after all? Another surprise...

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
Got my SR yesterday in Tempe, ordered 2/28. It's incredible. Seems too good to be true that I actually got the SR+ leather interior at $35k. I did have to pay the $3k for autopilot that I momentarily wasn't supposed to, but whatever.

Delivery was easy. The paint and panels are really nice. I've since looked at any older Model 3 I happen upon...I think the panel fitment has gotten quite a bit better. Specifically the rear doors of older cars I see seem to not fit very well compared to mine.

I absolutely have working fog lights. I also have working seat heaters. My screen says SR+. I think at some point my software will update and those features will be removed. I also have SR+ battery range, so I'm just waiting for the day that gets throttled back.

This car is an amazing deal at $38k.

May I ask what your approximate VIN was? My SR delivery's occurring at 4pm today, couldn't sleep haha. Hoping for similar luck as you have with no problems at all.

Good to hear!

I'd ordered the SR but a week before the end of the quarter, I got those confusing notices about delivery delay and a courtesy call from the Brentwood TN Tesla Store. I called the Store on Saturday and we changed the order to an SR+ which turned out to be their 'demo'.

A conference call on Monday with my banker and I left with the bank check and a 72 month loan. The original order would have required a $22.8k loan. The revised, SR+ order, needed $21.9k. We got $18.3k on our 2017 Prius Prime, 16k mi with just under a year of the initial warranty left.

On Tuesday, my wife and I drove up in the Prime and in an hour, drove back in the SR+. I never looked back and have absolutely no regrets and a lot of 'good Deal!' for the subsequent SR owners. We're all going to be very happy.

BTW, I like the new forum format. The last one I looked at was all text ... UGH!

Now if we can just get Elon to give his Twitter password to the SEC and join us here . . . YEA!

Bob Wilson

Reactions: tracksyde
Congratulations! Since you are one of the first, can you confirm the following:

1) Can you turn on the heat in either the front or rear seats?
2) Can you turn on the fog lights?
3) Is your range showing 220 or 240 at 100%

Got my SR Model 3, no options on Tuesday in Tempe.

1) Front seats are heated, not sure about rear will check
2) Fog lights are functional and can be turned on\off
3) Range is 240 at full charge

Vin is 306XXX
Software is 2019.7.102

Autopoilot in on, screen says 60 day trial.