Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if it's possible or how easy it is to downgrade from the SR+ to the SR AFTER delivery? I ordered 5/27, but am concerned if I change it now delivery date will be risked and I'll not get it before 6/30...

Why would you want to downgrade it after delivery? I doubt they will give a refund.

If it helps, my DA says she's checking inventory for SR+, although I'm ordered for a SR. So as far as SR/SR+ variants, they are equal when it comes to searching inventory.

I got my SR delivered at the end of April and it's showing as an SR+ in every way possible
- Listed as a "Standard Range Plus" in the info screen on the car
- Listed as a "Standard Range Plus" on the Monroney Sticker
- Charges to 90% with 216 miles of range
- Fog Lights are enabled
- Immersive Sound enabled

So the question is, those of us that got the SR+ shown on their Monroney Sticker when they took delivery, will Telsa ever downgrade these after the fact via OTA update?

Mr car came with 2019.7.105 then updated 2019.12.1.1 and 2019.12.1.2 and now 2019.16.1.3.

I got my SR delivered at the end of April and it's showing as an SR+ in every way possible
- Fog Lights are enabled

So the question is, those of us that got the SR+ shown on their Monroney Sticker when they took delivery, will Telsa ever downgrade these after the fact via OTA update?

Mr car came with 2019.7.105 then updated 2019.12.1.1 and 2019.12.1.2 and now 2019.16.1.3.

4RATVAD.jpg

- Fog Lights are enabled

I bought an SR three weeks ago. At 100% charge, I have 235 miles. At 90%, I have 211 miles. Exactly 5 miles off of SR+ range. I do not have fog lights on my options but they do come on when my lights are on. I have not had any software updates since I took delivery. My screen says SR Plus. My window sticker says Standard Range. But under the itemized options it has added “Standard Range Plus” package for $4500. Strange hodgepodge configuration.

Why would you want to downgrade it after delivery? I doubt they will give a refund.

If it helps, my DA says she's checking inventory for SR+, although I'm ordered for a SR. So as far as SR/SR+ variants, they are equal when it comes to searching inventory.

Have you had any luck finding anything in inventory? My Tesla advisor said he's looking but nothing so far.
I'm told him I'm even willing to change the color of my car if that helps.

I was just told by my advisor that I have a VIN and that my car has already been built. No VIN on my account yet though, not even in the source code.

SR/black/black/aero ordered 5/27

Congrats. My prediction seems right. Transit time is approx 10 hours Fremont -> LA. A poster in PA ordered his 3 days after I did (MD), and is lining up to pick up. Think I'll hear something next week if not later this week. Keep us all posted.

EV-CPO shows 31 Model 3’s available across the entire country. That’s less than one per State. But if they are producing close to 900 per day and selling about that many per day it means that demand and supply are about even. We are not seeing 8 week back logs at this point but at the same time standing inventory is extremely low. When inventory builds up you will start to see incentives but so far this quarter that has not been necessary.

Now Model S cars are another story entirely...

Just got this email from Tesla

Your Model 3 will soon receive new software that matches the Model 3 Standard Range configuration you ordered. As we communicated in April, this includes a limited range of 220 miles, and the removal of several software features. To continue experiencing the extended range, faster acceleration and Autopilot features of Model 3 Standard Range Plus, schedule a service appointment through your Tesla app.
Your car will be software-limited in the next 10 days to match your original configuration.

Best Regards,
The Tesla Team​

Just got this email from Tesla

Your Model 3 will soon receive new software that matches the Model 3 Standard Range configuration you ordered. As we communicated in April, this includes a limited range of 220 miles, and the removal of several software features. To continue experiencing the extended range, faster acceleration and Autopilot features of Model 3 Standard Range Plus, schedule a service appointment through your Tesla app.
Your car will be software-limited in the next 10 days to match your original configuration.

Best Regards,
The Tesla Team​

Same. Looks like they finally fixed the glitch. Wonder what features we’ll lose?