Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This entire experience of buying a Tesla was so mentally draining.. I wouldn't wish this type of experience on my worst enemy, I wish Tesla would just be more transparent on why the hell the cars are delayed(my theory is prolly the hertz order). Honestly to my brothers/sisters here that ordered a Tesla with a Black Interior, if you REALLY want a car faster and are willing to roll the dice, contact your advisor and upgrade your interior to white. You might get a VIN quicker.

This entire experience of buying a Tesla was so mentally draining.. I wouldn't wish this type of experience on my worst enemy, I wish Tesla would just be more transparent on why the hell the cars are delayed(my theory is prolly the hertz order). Honestly to my brothers/sisters here that ordered a Tesla with a Black Interior, if you REALLY want a car faster and are willing to roll the dice, contact your advisor and upgrade your interior to white. You might get a VIN quicker.
White interior. Been waiting since August 30th, 2021.

Literally everyone that I know on the East Coast has the EXACT same date range, including myself. Maybe this is a full system refresh? Maybe Tesla is in the process of cutting off all sales for anyone who lives on the East Coast forever? I wish I was joking but I ordered a blk/blk 18" RWD back in August '21. Pickup is Mount Kisco, NY. There is NO way that NY has been receiving my build for almost a year. That tells me Tesla hasn't shipped new RWD cars there in a VERY long time and apparently don't plan on it for another few months. It blows my mind that one of the most populous regions in the world is not receiving the most sought after/affordable EV in Tesla's lineup
Ok so, I'm new here. I just ordered a M3 RWD Black/Black 18" on 4/29. Initially the app said Late August to early October but as soon as I put in all my information including the car I'm trading in (ice vehicle), it bumped me to a 5/17 - 5/31 window. I'm surprised that it's taking that long. The only other reason I could think of that I got bumped up was either I took place of someone who canceled a reservation or Tesla is indeed starting to ship more cars to the east coast.

Ok so, I'm new here. I just ordered a M3 RWD Black/Black 18" on 4/29. Initially the app said Late August to early October but as soon as I put in all my information including the car I'm trading in (ice vehicle), it bumped me to a 5/17 - 5/31 window. I'm surprised that it's taking that long. The only other reason I could think of that I got bumped up was either I took place of someone who canceled a reservation or Tesla is indeed starting to ship more cars to the east coast.
You think after ordering on 4/29 that you're surprised of a long delivery date of 5/17-31? You're in for some major surprises coming up over the next 6-10 months then. :p

You should see that 5/17 - 5/31 go away fairly soon ;)

There are people who ordered RWD last November and still haven't taken delivery. It might be a while before you get your car. I hope I am wrong though.

it's either you are very lucky :) or your waiting game just started :oops:

Reactions: Soosh
Anyone with a white exterior, white or black interior RWD Model 3 in the Vancouver area whos set up delivery or already taken possession of their vehicle, who ordered post September 2021, can you please share your reservation number with me? Im trying to get to the bottom of this delivery fiasco.

Reactions: AJosan