Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just for fun, I am posting a poll on Model 3 Reddit every day asking for the breakdown of VINs assigned that day (today is day #3).

It appears that about 26-29% (depending on the day) of the VINs assigned are for SR+ with the remainding % about 2/3s to 1/3 split between LR and Performance versions (this has flipped 2x over the 3 days). This is all completely anecdotal and has absolutely 0 value, but it's interesting. Will be more intersting as the sample size hopefully grows each day (the more data points we gather, the better right?)

My main positive takeaway is that VINs (and deliveries eventually) are moving to all different locations in US & Canada and that's good for everyone 👍

*climbs down off soap box*
Thank you for reading

Ok so, I'm new here. I just ordered a M3 RWD Black/Black 18" on 4/29. Initially the app said Late August to early October but as soon as I put in all my information including the car I'm trading in (ice vehicle), it bumped me to a 5/17 - 5/31 window. I'm surprised that it's taking that long. The only other reason I could think of that I got bumped up was either I took place of someone who canceled a reservation or Tesla is indeed starting to ship more cars to the east coast.
There are people who ordered RWD last November and still haven't taken delivery. It might be a while before you get your car. I hope I am wrong though.
I placed my order on November 6, 2021 and my Estimated Delivery is July 16 - August 27. I already sold my car thinking that I was going to get my car somewhere near the original EDD of May 5 - June 2, so something is terribly wrong in the universe if someone with 4/29 gets their car first. Based upon demand you should get your car sometime in 2023.

Ok so, I'm new here. I just ordered a M3 RWD Black/Black 18" on 4/29. Initially the app said Late August to early October but as soon as I put in all my information including the car I'm trading in (ice vehicle), it bumped me to a 5/17 - 5/31 window. I'm surprised that it's taking that long. The only other reason I could think of that I got bumped up was either I took place of someone who canceled a reservation or Tesla is indeed starting to ship more cars to the east coast.
If you get a car in May, I'll sh!t down both legs.

I placed my order on November 6, 2021 and my Estimated Delivery is July 16 - August 27. I already sold my car thinking that I was going to get my car somewhere near the original EDD of May 5 - June 2, so something is terribly wrong in the universe if someone with 4/29 gets their car first. Based upon demand you should get your car sometime in 2023.
Any chance you could share your EDD history and specs? Perhaps set up your signature with these details?

Any chance you could share your EDD history and specs? Perhaps set up your signature with these details?
It could be a situation where the buyer is willing to take any configuration - I told my SA I'm open to any configuration as well...
I'll take LFP, NCA, or Duracell batteries
Matrix headlights, old headlights, or no headlights....
AMD, Intel, or Casio....
We'll see if this helps my chances

I ordered my M3 in November 2021. I received by VIN on Monday, April 25th. Like so many others, my 5 day window gets pushed back one day everyday about 7 am California time. (The update today was May 5 - May 9) The issue I have is that I can't get a straight answer from Tesla. I call about every 3 days. I've been told it has left the Fremont factory and had has been transported to Lathrop, CA awaiting a final transfer to Fresno Tesla where I will pick it up. I tried calling my virtual SA and didn't receive an answer. I did receive a text saying sorry I missed your call is there something he could help me with. I responded that I was checking on my delivery status to Fresno. About an hour later I received a response and was told my M3 was still being assembled and is nearly complete. I know that is not true and didn't respond back. This has been a very unique process to say the least.
Same boat. I called customer service a few days ago and the rep told me I should be able to take delivery this weekend. Even I myself did not believe what he said. Sure enough it has been dead silent. This is going to take a while..

Same boat. I called customer service a few days ago and the rep told me I should be able to take delivery this weekend. Even I myself did not believe what he said. Sure enough it has been dead silent. This is going to take a while..
At least you both have VIN's - it's strange I'm picking up in Fremont with November order and still no VIN...

OD: 11/06/2021 M3 RWD/Blue/Black/Aero/No FSD
11/06/2021 EDD: May 5 - June 2; 04/30/2021 EDD: July 16 - August 27
The details were already in my profile, but I have since added them to my signature.

Last edited:
OD: 11/06/2021 M3 RWD/White/Black/Aero/No FSD
At the order date, this was the only trim and color that qualified for the BC and Canadian Govt. EV rebates - now none do. The SA says the rebates still apply if the order was prior to late Nov, 2021. An order today would thus leave me out of pocket about CAD$16,000 more. Fingers crossed that Tesla honors their price as of the OD and the govts don't change anything.
EDD July 16 - August 31. And so we wait ... and wait.

It’s finally my turn for my first car:) My OD: 11/11/21 white/white Aero RWD No FSD. PU in Vancouver tomorrow. Just about 6 months wait time. Just in time for my parents as they are attending my bro’s convo early next month
Would you be willing to share your reservation number with me by any chance?

This entire process has been quite ridiculous. Ordered back in August 30th, 2021 from Langley. Went through about a dozen EDD changes. Had 2 tesla advisors leave Tesla, so kept having to find someone new to communicate with. Everytime I would come close to an EDD it would change on me. Then I find out that multiple people who ordered virtually the same car from the same area somehow received theirs first.

Everyone I have ever spoken to said there was nothing at all wrong with my account. That I am up to date with everything. One person i mentioned all this to simply said, theres many factors why some people get theirs before others. I said its the same exact config, nothing different done, and they are speechless.

The last guy i spoke to asked me for mine and someone elses reservation # whos in my area taking delivery to see what was going on.

Something just doesnt add up.

Oh and my previous May 9th to May 23rd window just got changed today to July 9th to August 20th. Lol.

This is comedy at this point.

Last edited:
EDD yesterday was May 6-20 woke up this morning to see new EDD bump to June 18-July 23…
Crazy eh. No rhyme or reason whatsoever to any of this. Agents are for the most part clueless as to whats going on. Ive spoken to at least 8 different people at Tesla and they are all equally as clueless as to what is happening. No answers. Just ...."everything is up to date on your account, just wait, you will get messaged when a vehicle is available", lol.

I mean, I understand their knowledge is limited, but if my account has always been good, why are others leap frogging me with the same build from the same area....no sense.

Reactions: Soosh and Mick777
Would you be willing to share your reservation number with me by any chance?

This entire process has been quite ridiculous. Ordered back in August 30th, 2021 from Langley. Went through about a dozen EDD changes. Had 2 tesla advisors leave Tesla, so kept having to find someone new to communicate with. Everytime I would come close to an EDD it would change on me. Then I find out that multiple people who ordered virtually the same car from the same area somehow received theirs first.

Everyone I have ever spoken to said there was nothing at all wrong with my account. That I am up to date with everything. One person i mentioned all this to simply said, theres many factors why some people get theirs before others. I said its the same exact config, nothing different done, and they are speechless.

The last guy i spoke to asked me for mine and someone elses reservation # whos in my area taking delivery to see what was going on.

Something just doesnt add up.

Oh and my previous May 9th to May 23rd window just got changed today to July 9th to August 20th. Lol.

This is comedy at this point.
RN116047XXX. Believe me, I was just as obsessed as you If not more… checking my app / source code upwards of 10times a day EVERYDAY for the past 6 months. I recently got a promotion that requires me to have a car. Tbh if this EDD got pushed back to anything past June I’d need to get a cheap ICE for work instead of this. Sometimes things just lineup and we as a person really don’t have much control over a lot of things. Looking back I’d probably tell myself…it’ll come when it comes. :)

RN116047XXX. Believe me, I was just as obsessed as you If not more… checking my app / source code upwards of 10times a day EVERYDAY for the past 6 months. I recently got a promotion that requires me to have a car. Tbh if this EDD got pushed back to anything past June I’d need to get a cheap ICE for work instead of this. Sometimes things just lineup and we as a person really don’t have much control over a lot of things. Looking back I’d probably tell myself…it’ll come when it comes. :)
Ill probably just delete my app after today at this point so i dont feel the need to look at it and not come back on here till i get an update by telsa. Too much energy being drained obsessing over a car.