Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. I had a date for the 21st & 28th of April, and now May 12th. Delayed due to the charge port ECU. 2 of my friends who ordered their car after me picked theirs up 2 months ago without issue. One took delivery on Monday. Absolutely infuriating. Upgrading to a LR would have been $20,000 extra due to the price increase and not eligible for rebates. My RWD is $53,000 vs. a LR at close to $70,000. Not worth it.
Same here. Switching to LR would mean a $13-15K. We're lucky to have nice rebates in Canada but it's a double edged sword. Compared to so many here I'm still a baby with my 3/8/22 OD so keeping fingers crossed during the months to come. Focusing on the positive :
  • Shanghai back online.
  • Texas now in operation and ramping-up.
  • Q2, Q3 and mainly Q4 goal pressure.
  • Hertz order eventually fulfilled
  • With COVID being now part of our life, can't believe supply chain disruptions will last forever.
  • While we whine about our delivery a whole country is being bombarded. That puts things in a different perspective.

Here are my 2 cents on this.

1) the priority order is the gross margin. I have the base model ( white, black, no fsd) and I am the least on priority list for them. I have seen people who have just paid for color ( silver ) and had similar OD as mine getting their cars 2 months back ( just check this thread in March)

2) tesla makes car in batches and then tries and match them with the open orders. Like I don’t see much MSM colors now getting delivered. White with white interiors is the one which is getting delivered now. And so on. So you may be lucky that your color combination comes earlier than others.

3) lucky people- some May get lucky when there are rejections and tesla employees have the power to decide who get that rejected delivery. Beyond that it’s the system which does the matching

PS: having worked in a much bigger tech company than tesla. This is how they also manage their online orders. There is hardly any room for someone screwing the system to favor one over the other in a major listed company like tesla.
Adding a potential 1a) There is a $$ goal to reach for the current quarter so let's start with high value/margin flavours and as we move closer to the end, with our objective in sight, switch the line to RWD. That would serve (2) purposes : A) Get rid of older backlog while meeting our goal. B) Avoid over making it in the current quarter and in turn raise the bar too much for the following one.

A few stats from the Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker. A reminder to all newbies that filling this survey helps gather some stats. Very thin sampling but still...I know that some are also on Reddit or other M3 variants so feel free to share those links there as well.
  • VIN this week (May 1st-7th) : 39
    • LR : 31 = 79.4%
    • Perf : 4 = 10.4%
    • SR+ (RWD) : 4 = 10.4%
  • VIN comparison April against May
    • (Apr 1st-7th) : 4
    • (May 1st-7th) : 39 = 975% increase
  • VIN comparison Q1 against Q2
    • (Jan 1st - Feb 7th) : 46
    • (Apr 1st - May 7th) : 105 = 228% increase
  • Only (5) new Order entry in May so far.

Sadly, my EDD is now pushed to June 30-August 11. It was previously a 2-week range May 7-21. No VIN assigned, but I received my trade-in text last weekend.
I’m having the same experience. Got the trade in text, EDD was May 3-31 then a week ago it pushed out to July 3 - August 13. It’s not realistic that every RWD person I talk to is getting their car in July-August. I simply have to believe they’ll resume deliveries of RWD this quarter and clear the 2021 orders at least

Just a quick data point - I changed my RWD to LR yesterday. Just checked the app & have a VIN with EDD for this week.
I completely understand the desire for the LFP & better price point the RWD offers- that’s why I didn’t switch sooner.
Just wanted to let people know switching to LR works - especially when I was spending 400+/Month for gas due to my commute.
Best to everyone 👍

Just a quick data point - I changed my RWD to LR yesterday. Just checked the app & have a VIN with EDD for this week.
I completely understand the desire for the LFP & better price point the RWD offers- that’s why I didn’t switch sooner.
Just wanted to let people know switching to LR works - especially when I was spending 400+/Month for gas due to my commute.
Best to everyone 👍
u have a pickup truck or something lol?

Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)
OD: 9/28/21
M3 RWD Black/Black | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22 - 4/6/22)
EDD: April 28 - May 26 (as of 4/6/22 - 4/29/22)
EDD: June 30 - Aug 11 (as of 4/29/22 - present)

What I was expecting to happen...
Same thing happened to me. Now it says Aug. 22nd - Oct. 28th :/

Last night I was on the Tesla website, playing at selecting different country/regions. In Singapore delivery is 4-8 weeks while in France the basic version in white is May 2023. But if you change any option it drops to Feb 2023. No conclusion...just adding to the mystery.

Something caught my attention however. Did you guys knew that in Europe you can add (2) levels of FSD features?

Fist level (3,800 euro) is : Autopilot + Auto Lane Change, On-off-ramp, Auto Park, Saumon
Second level (7,500 euro) is : 1st level + Stop and lights + City FSD to come

I don't know about you but that 1st level would have made me think twice before opting-out.

Best to everyone 👍
I too upgraded from RWD to LR last week and received a vin this morning. Order date of 12/20. EDD was mid-July to mid-August before I made the change. I was able to get LR pricing as of original order date. You as well?

I too upgraded from RWD to LR last week and received a vin this morning. Order date of 12/20. EDD was mid-July to mid-August before I made the change. I was able to get LR pricing as of original order date. You as well?
Congratulations on the VIN - yes price was same as original order date 5k cheaper than if I ordered now 👍
It’s funny we ordered a RWD last month as well for my wife - I was thinking maybe we get the RWD by the end year (Oct-December) & I can post a comparison

Last edited:
Reactions: Soosh
Congratulations on the VIN - yes price was same as original order date 5k cheaper than if I ordered now 👍
I think it’s great y’all now have cars on the way. I just wish it didn’t take spending so much more to get treated like you’re a real customer. For me it’d mean spending $6k more and losing the $2k California rebate - so basically an $8k increase. Plus paying more in taxes.

Seeing this happen again and again has really made this whole process kind of demeaning - like I ordered the poverty Tesla and get the treatment that spend merits.