Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well everyone, I decided to switch to LR and got a VIN assigned today. Here's my updated timeline:

Configuration: Model 3 SR+ Switched to LR, MSM, Black Interior, No FSD
Ordered: 9/30/2021

EDD as of 5/27: July 14 - August 18
June 14 at 11:52AM - Upgraded to LR
EDD as of 6/15: June 17 - June 29
June 18 - VIN Assigned
EDD as of 6/18: June 20 - 24
Pending Delivery Scheduling

Last edited:
My OD is February 22nd 2022 SR+ white/white/18 inches no FSD, last edd was August 04 to September 17th, changed to LR 3 hours ago, and received final payment email 1 hour after, new EDD is June 23rd to June 27th. I’m in Quebec Canada

Congrats!

After some long back and forth, I will be making the switch to LR this coming week as well. I'm in BC Canada, so hopefully I get a similar quick EDD update as you. The recent price increase of the LR solidified my decision.

Reactions: Marvolo18
Well everyone, I decided to switch to LR and got a VIN assigned today. Here's my updated timeline:

Configuration: Model 3 SR+ Switched to LR, MSM, Black Interior, No FSD
Ordered: 9/30/2021

EDD as of 5/27: July 14 - August 18
June 14 at 11:52AM - Upgraded to LR
EDD as of 6/15: June 17 - June 29
June 18 - VIN Assigned
EDD as of 6/18: June 20 - 24
Pending Delivery Scheduling
Congrats. I also just did the same and posted my reasons. With the latest price hike, the price we get (you are even lower than what I pay for LR at $51,990), compared to todays price combined with eligibility of CVRP $2k rebate, it seemed like the better model out of the two to buy now. And I’m sure we will appreciate the full options included and acceleration over the SR! I’m going from a stealth performance so I was a bit bummed knowing the difference in acceleration going into an SR.

I went to kbb to price out a 2021 model 3 rwd vs long range, excellent condition with 15,000 miles. Long range private party sale was $59,549 vs $53,998 for rwd. So price difference of $5,551.

When I ordered my rwd in March the price differential rwd vs long long range was $9,000. With the current price increase the difference is $11,000.

Looks like when you sell you will not make up the price difference.

This is digusting. Look at the difference in price here.

Screenshot_20220619-003919_Chrome.jpg

CAD:

Screenshot_20220619-003937_Chrome.jpg

Also, cause the canadian RWD is 61k, it is not eligible for the rebate as its over 55k.

And if youre thinking....well its CAD so it should be more expensive....

When you convert 39,641 us to cad, it works out to 51,670. We pay a full 10k on top of that. Yay us.

So with the taxes, a base model RWD in Canada is
$69,470.

Insane.

Last edited:
This is digusting. Look at the difference in price here.

View attachment 818369

CAD:

View attachment 818370

Also, cause the canadian RWD is 61k, it is not eligible for the rebate as its over 55k.

And if youre thinking....well its CAD so it should be more expensive....

When you convert 39,641 us to cad, it works out to 51,670. We pay a full 10k on top of that. Yay us.

So with the taxes, a base model RWD in Canada is
$69,470.

Insane.
You are not comparing them apple to apple cause you used "potential savings price" for US models and "Purchase price" for Canadian model.
US Model 3 RWD is $46,990 not $39,641.

Thank you so much, but it did not work for me. Maybe it is available for 2022 orders.
I'm a 2022 order, in Canada and I had tried that "edit" link before with no success either. Not long ago there was an article stating that Canadian could now also edit their order using the edit button but like others, the "edit" button was not present on the manage account page. Now today, reading the last few comments, I gave it another try and somehow it ended-up working. So @yektoop you may want to try this way :
  1. Login to your account first
  2. Click on "Manage" on your car logo
  3. Only then paste : Tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN*******
Now that it's working that gets me thinking if I should make any changes. 🤔