Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not necessarily but ours shipped about two weeks before we got our VIN
I got my mobile connector shipping notification the day my EDD suddenly changed from just December, to a 2-week window starting October. I got email with a UPS number mid-day Saturday, but the package was not actually scanned by UPS until a little after noon on Monday. Now due Thursday this week, which is good bit in advance of the car. I ordered my MC by clicking the box as I ordered my model 3 on June 8, 2022.

I got my mobile connector shipping notification the day my EDD suddenly changed from just December, to a 2-week window starting October. I got email with a UPS number mid-day Saturday, but the package was not actually scanned by UPS until a little after noon on Monday. Now due Thursday this week, which is good bit in advance of the car. I ordered my MC by clicking the box as I ordered my model 3 on June 8, 2022.
We ordered our mobile connector and wall connector during our car order as well. OD: 07/03.

OD:10/04/2022
M3 Black ext, Black int, 18" wheels No EAP or FSD.
EDD:Dec 06-31

10/06/2022
Changed to M3 White ext, Black Int, 18" wheels No EAP or FSD.
EDD: still Dec 06-31

10/08/22
Received notification that expedited delivery was available on similar configuration.
OFFERED ME: M3 White ext, White Int, 19" wheels No EAP or FSD.
EDD: 10/08/22-10/15/22. JUMPED ON IT!

10/09/22
EDD: 10/09/22-10/16/22

10/10/22
EDD: 10/10/22-10/17/22

I live in San Francisco. 40 minutes from the Fremont Factory.

Current EDD is Oct 17 - Nov 14.

Has anyone reached the start of the EDD range without it changing? For example, what are the chances that on Oct 20 it will still say "Oct 17 - Nov 14."
Same EDD as me.

My Mobile charger shipped yesterday, so I must be close!

OD:6/22/2022
White/Black, Aeros, No EAP or FSD
EDD: Oct 2022 - Jan 2023

6/28
EDD: Nov 27- Jan 22

8/1
EDD: Nov 8 - Dec 20

9/20ish
EDD: Oct 17- Nov 14

Same EDD as me.

My Mobile charger shipped yesterday, so I must be close!

OD:6/22/2022
White/Black, Aeros, No EAP or FSD
EDD: Oct 2022 - Jan 2023

6/28
EDD: Nov 27- Jan 22

8/1
EDD: Nov 8 - Dec 20

9/20ish
EDD: Oct 17- Nov 14
Don't know if the mobile connector shipping is indicative of getting close. Mine's already shipped and due for delivery this Friday, but my delivery date window is between December 4 and December 31. Ordered September 20.
(Model 3 RWD, white, white interior, 18" aero wheels, no FSD/EAP)

I'd have thought they just fill those orders when the charger is in stock. No?
No. I ordered and paid for my MC with my model 3 order on June 8. At the time, they alerted a predicted shipping date of sometime in August. Since August, I've seen lots of people reporting getting prompt shipping to new orders directly for the MC alone and also have seen people with a situation similar to mine getting shipment fairly shortly before their car delivery.

So I think they have some prioritization scheme, and that they have had less than abundant stock for at least a couple of months. Maybe they are getting past that now.

Reactions: PianoAl