Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tower Federal Credit Union is offering very low rates .. as low as 1.49% for 36 months (please read how to get it to 1.49% instead of 1.74%)
Other terms also very low rates compare to many lenders and especially with the latest fed rate increase

To become member, you can pay $35 towards Tower foundation charity and eligible for membership (or same concept like any other credit uinion membership rules ... some referal, family member etc)

Tower financial credit union is based in Maryland area
One of my freind told me about it and rates.. I went through and able to get the 1.49% APR for 36 months. This is for my new ID4 which i just took delivery and will go through the same when i get VIN for my Model 3 RWD (estimated Dec 18th at this point)

Steps i followed :
1. Donated $35 towards towercare foundation
2. Opened regular checking ($10) and Prime membership ($5) ---> (folks who are DCU members should know similar).. Also there is no other minimum
3. used Tower Truecar buying service to get additonal 0.25% discount. Also checking account with tower gets you 0.25% discount with their displayed rate
you dont need to buy the car from trucar.. it is just reference
4. Apply auto loan
5. Everything is online.. uploading docs,messages etc..
6. They need VIN number and purchase order before check is released (don't know if Tesla has purchase order similar dealers normally provides.. i think during the loan process probably they let you know what they need in additon to VIN for Tesla's )

Good luck
I've been checking them out for a while and now that my delivery suddenly became imminent, I am grasping for time should I need to go for TFCU.

I'm just wondering from your experience, what was the turnaround time - from applying for membership to applying for auto loan, get approved, and releasing of checks. I'm trying to see if you could salvage enough time before my delivery within the next week. I'd appreciate your insight.

By the way, I already did go through the process of applying as member. Just awaiting approval so I can move forward with the auto loan application.

Reactions: UtahRider
OD : 10/04/2022
M3 Black ext, Black int, 18" wheels No EAP or FSD.
EDD:Dec 06-31

10/06/2022
Changed to M3 White ext, Black Int, 18" wheels No EAP or FSD.
EDD : still Dec 06-31

10/08/22
Received notification that expedited delivery was available on similar configuration.
OFFERED ME: M3 White ext, White Int, 19" wheels No EAP or FSD.
EDD: 10/08/22-10/15/22. JUMPED ON IT!

10/09/22
EDD : 10/09/22-10/16/22

10/10/22
EDD : 10/10/22-10/17/22

I live in San Francisco. 40 minutes from the Fremont Factory.

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

Got a text message to schedule my pick up. this Fri, Sat or Sunday.

I drove by the TESLA dealership few minutes ago and there was trucks offloading and the lot was full!!! So if I pick up Sat it will have been 11 days from Order to Delivery.

OD : 10/04/2022
M3 Black ext, Black int, 18" wheels No EAP or FSD.
EDD:Dec 06-31

10/06/2022
Changed to M3 White ext, Black Int, 18" wheels No EAP or FSD.
EDD : still Dec 06-31

10/08/22
Received notification that expedited delivery was available on similar configuration.
OFFERED ME: M3 White ext, White Int, 19" wheels No EAP or FSD.
EDD: 10/08/22-10/15/22. JUMPED ON IT!

10/09/22
EDD : 10/09/22-10/16/22

10/10/22
EDD : 10/10/22-10/17/22

I live in San Francisco. 40 minutes from the Fremont Factory.

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

Got a text message to schedule my pick up. this Fri, Sat or Sunday.

I drove by the TESLA dealership few minutes ago and there was trucks offloading and the lot was full!!! So if I pick up Sat it will have been 11 days from Order to Delivery.

I wonder how many other people are still waiting for a white model 3 with 18" wheels and basic Autopilot. It seems like Tesla sometimes tries to offload cancellations via the easiest possible method, i.e., offering the vehicle to the customer who is closest to the Fremont factory.

What they should do instead is offer the vehicle to the next customer in line, i.e., someone who ordered in June, July, August, etc that is still waiting. Since you ordered in October, it is highly likely that there are many customers in front of you still waiting for a similar, white model 3 with 18" wheels (in fact, there may be thousands of people in front of you).

Of course, your message is anecdotal, so there is no way for us to know how often Tesla correctly proceeds to the next person in line vs offering the vehicle to someone near the factory who is not the next person in line.

I'm not arguing that you should refuse the car, but it would be interesting for you to ask the sales representative why they did not offer the car to the next person in line. I wonder how they would respond to your question! Maybe you could wait until after you've taken delivery, and then ask the question. The answer might be helpful to those of us here in the forum.

Last edited:
I've been checking them out for a while and now that my delivery suddenly became imminent, I am grasping for time should I need to go for TFCU.

I'm just wondering from your experience, what was the turnaround time - from applying for membership to applying for auto loan, get approved, and releasing of checks. I'm trying to see if you could salvage enough time before my delivery within the next week. I'd appreciate your insight.

By the way, I already did go through the process of applying as member. Just awaiting approval so I can move forward with the auto loan application.
The membership application took about a week for me. As far as the car loan application, that took just under 2 days to get the approval from when I applied.

Reactions: NoNoise
On my daily check, I found my delivery date window had further tightened, down from 2 weeks to 8 days. The web account page for the car had the notification that my car would lack ultrasound sensors, with a big do it anyway button. On pressing the button I was shown my VIN.

According to VIN decoder pages, mine is a 2023 model year car. (character 10 is P)

This is a model 3 Rear-wheel Drive, Deep Blue Metallic paint, 18” Aero wheels, Black & White interior, ordered on June 8 for which the web page forecast before order was Sep-Dec 2022.

EDD history since then:
June 11, 2022 August 7 – September 18
June 16, 2022 October 12-December 7
June 25, 2022 October 10-November 21
August 23, 2022 October 10-November 14
September 1, 2022 December 2022
October 8, 2022 October 22-November 4 no in-page VIN
October 13, 2022 October 26-November 2 USS disclosure, VIN revealed

My big hope is that mine still has stalks--I'm optimistic on that point.
I got shipping notification for the Mobile Connector I ordered by ticking the box on the order page June 8 on October 8, and UPS says it will reach my home today.

The membership application took about a week for me. As far as the car loan application, that took just under 2 days to get the approval from when I applied.
Thanks for the info. I figure that maybe I won’t have ample time to go through the process before my delivery next week. Not sure if others have done this but I’m thinking about going with the Tesla financing for now and just refinance with TFCU within 30 days to avoid hurting credit.

Coming up to the EDD range (10/17 - 11/14). My wife is concerned about going on a 1-2 day overnight trip.

What is the shortest amount of time you might have before you have to pick up the car? Something like four days??

I can't answer this directly (I still have a 5-week window for EDD in Nov/Dec), but I don't think you have to worry about a 1-2 day trip, because other people on the forum have said that when you schedule your pickup, you can choose between several dates. Some of these people who were on vacation have said that they chose a day after they returned, and they didn't seem to have a problem.

The Mobile Connector I ordered by ticking the box at my June 8 order date arrived today. While it has, as promised, both NEMA 5-15 (USA standard 15A 120V) and 14-50 (one type of 240V) adapters, it does not include the J1772 adapter one needs to hook the car up to many of the roadside chargers out there.

On the other hand, on the ordering page at the Tesla store for their J1772 adapter it still says it comes with all Tesla vehicles.

Question: for someone who ordered their model 3 RWD after the April 18 switch to no mobile connector included:
1. did you receive a J1772 adapter?
2. where was it?

The Mobile Connector I ordered by ticking the box at my June 8 order date arrived today. While it has, as promised, both NEMA 5-15 (USA standard 15A 120V) and 14-50 (one type of 240V) adapters, it does not include the J1772 adapter one needs to hook the car up to many of the roadside chargers out there.

On the other hand, on the ordering page at the Tesla store for their J1772 adapter it still says it comes with all Tesla vehicles.

Question: for someone who ordered their model 3 RWD after the April 18 switch to no mobile connector included:
1. did you receive a J1772 adapter?
2. where was it?
J1772 adapter is still provided with the car, as far as I'm aware