Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone received a 2023 VIN yet for Model 3 RWD?

Just got my VIN on 10/18 (order placed 4/19/2022 lol) - taking delivery in a little over a week

When I plugged my VIN into my insurance policy to add the car it told me that it was a 2023 Model 3, not a 2022, so just wondering if anyone else has seen the same

Reactions: Mob Dee
I listened to the entire analyst's call. Regarding the tax credit, a few points:
1. It was clearly said that the actual detailed requirements date by date have not yet been issued by the feds.
2. In general terms, Elon expressed confidence that Tesla would be able to make the great majority of their output qualify for the great majority of the available benefit. He made it clear this would require efforts on Tesla's part different from what they otherwise would have done.

He did not say every car on every day.

(disclosure: I've got a model 3 RWD due for delivery right at the end of this month. I expect it to have an LFP battery. I expect to get no tax credit.)

Got my vin 10/13 also 2023
I also got my RWD model 3 VIN on 10/13 and it was 2023 model year. I got a message that it had just left the factory on 10/15. Current EDD in New Mexico is still 10/26-11/2 and scheduling not allowed yet. They also still have not delivered a tradein packet to me, now ten days since I submitted details and accepted their offer. I'm getting worried about the lack of tradein packet.

I'm getting worried about the lack of tradein packet.
This afternoon I texted with the comment that it was now ten days since tradein offer accepted and inquiring whether if the packet never comes I should just show up at the delivery center with my title and my wife and expect that local staff would be able to execute. After a half hour I got a text asserting that my packet was going out to me in the evening mail.

Just got my VIN on 10/18 (order placed 4/19/2022 lol) - taking delivery in a little over a week

When I plugged my VIN into my insurance policy to add the car it told me that it was a 2023 Model 3, not a 2022, so just wondering if anyone else has seen the same
od: 03/08. My vin is also a 2023 model.

Yes, model 3s manufactured after Oct 4 are a 2023 model year with no ultrasonic sensors (USS).

Finally received my pick up date and time this afternoon after my EDD got push back 5 times. They have to manually schedule my appointment in their system, i dont know why :)
Got the car this afternoon

Attachments

• 257637C5-1D7D-4E18-A556-F809821F5167.jpeg
    257637C5-1D7D-4E18-A556-F809821F5167.jpeg
    736.8 KB · Views: 133
So there’s a 2022 Model 3 RWD with 62 miles on it sold by a local car dealer here for $51K. Aero rims but white exterior and black interior. My current build is identical but 19 inch rims. Current EDD is November 17 - December 15. Curious if I should pull the trigger on the “used” one instead. What are your thoughts?

So there’s a 2022 Model 3 RWD with 62 miles on it sold by a local car dealer here for $51K. Aero rims but white exterior and black interior. My current build is identical but 19 inch rims. Current EDD is November 17 - December 15. Curious if I should pull the trigger on the “used” one instead. What are your thoughts?
Waiting will get you a 2023 with the wheels you want and for cheaper. It’s only a month away so I personally would wait. The dealer may be worth it in some cases, eg. if they give really a good trade-in offer.

model 3 white ext, white Int, 18" wheels No EAP or FSD.
OD: 9/22
Previous EDD: 11/28 - 1/8
New EDD: 12/14 - 12/31
Interesting that your window narrowed already.

I ordered two days before you (9/20), same config -- white, white interior, 18" aero wheels, no FSD or EAP.

Currently my delivery window is wider, from December 4 to December 31

(Probably a regional logistics thing)

Interesting that your window narrowed already.

I ordered two days before you (9/20), same config -- white, white interior, 18" aero wheels, no FSD or EAP.

Currently my delivery window is wider, from December 4 to December 31

(Probably a regional logistics thing)
I ordered on 9/23, same config as both of you. My last EDD was 11/28 - 1/8, but I then switched color to red and my new EDD moved up by almost a month. I'm now looking at 10/30 - 11/12.

So, after my horrific end of quarter experience, which I am pretty certain they sold my car to someone else at Fremont instead of shipping to Fresno, I got my car yesterday. They "prioritized" my order and I picked up the most basic Model 3 they sell, with the only addition of adding red paint. I got my second loan check and second cashier's check, after I had to deposit them back into my account the first time. No panel gap issues, but the inside build quality was pretty blah. Lots of little wrinkles in the fabric and also the trim was obviously rushed as well. However, with two kids, I know they will somehow cause interior damage by sneaking in markers and candy. The process took about 5 minutes, and I was on my way.

After my horrible experience, I still decided to take the order because no other EV comes close to Tesla. I own a Chevy Bolt from 2017, and that car is an absolute pleasure to own with not one issue at 90,000 miles on it. I will also be getting a brand-new battery with a new 8-year warranty on it. However, long trips on it are horrible with charging. The same thing with my 2013 Model S. Even though I have free supercharging for life, it takes forever to charge on trips.

My wife is in love with the car, so that makes my life happier. ;) I still prefer my 2013 Model S with air suspension, premium auto, how it looks, and my 85 RWD does have slightly better acceleration. However, with the card having 140,000 miles on it, the Model 3 will be our trip car even though we will need to pay to supercharge.

Reactions: T3SLAROD