Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys!
I ordered a M3 SR on 9/20 white ext,
white interior and 19” wheels, i was thinking about changing the tires to the 18” but you guys think that would delay more the DD?
My EDD is nov 4/ Dec 31, no Vin yet.
I ordered almost the exact same model as you (white, white interior) with the sole exception of my wheels being the 18" aero wheels instead of the 19".

I ordered on the exact same day as you and, as of writing this, my delivery window is the exact same (Dec 4 to Dec 31). For whatever that may be worth to your decision

pick up scheduled For sat 10/22!!!

mobile charger and homelink both already shipped too from lathrop, ca.

rep from Buena Park called to schedule pick up. Offered home delivery but said it would be a 4 hour window so I decided to just go pick up the car.

tried to get insurance again on the app but it’s still crashing. Rep said just to upload insurance on a currently owned vehicle and get the insurance for the new M3 within 10 days (I believe this is just state law). Said I’ll most likely need to call them.

Reactions: Mob Dee
pick up scheduled For sat 10/22!!!

mobile charger and homelink both already shipped too from lathrop, ca.

rep from Buena Park called to schedule pick up. Offered home delivery but said it would be a 4 hour window so I decided to just go pick up the car.

tried to get insurance again on the app but it’s still crashing. Rep said just to upload insurance on a currently owned vehicle and get the insurance for the new M3 within 10 days (I believe this is just state law). Said I’ll most likely need to call them.
What was your original Order Date?

I ordered back in Early/Mid September, and original delivery date was mid November to Late December. However, Last week (first week of October) my delivery date changed to 10/17-10/24 and now I am due to accept delivery on 10/19. Its my second tesla and I have not heard or experienced this kind of sudden change in delivery before. This gets me worrying whether this is a car that somebody was supposed purchase but they cancelled due the car itself? or any possible explanations that come to mind?

I ordered back in Early/Mid September, and original delivery date was mid November to Late December. However, Last week (first week of October) my delivery date changed to 10/17-10/24 and now I am due to accept delivery on 10/19. Its my second tesla and I have not heard or experienced this kind of sudden change in delivery before. This gets me worrying whether this is a car that somebody was supposed purchase but they cancelled due the car itself? or any possible explanations that come to mind?
While quite the turnaround, this is not unheard of. Many reasons could explain this. Finance could have fell through. Order put on hold. Etc.

Tesla has gained a lot of ground of late on their backlog. Times are far shorter than when my wife and I placed ours. In fact we were assigned a VIN sooner than original EDD.

I wouldn't be too concerned. Just wait until you see the car. Look it over. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Also, you could ask your SA whether they can see if the car was rejected and why.

Reactions: player 1

Based on the updated delivery timing, it seems pretty clear that you jumped ahead in the line. I think most people who ordered in mid to late August (before you) have EDD’s that range from early November to around Mid December.

I don’t see the logic in worrying about the reason for the date change. When you pick up your Tesla, you should examine it to make sure everything’s OK, but that’s true of anyone who picks up any Tesla. It could be the case that someone ahead of you cancelled for financial reasons (ie they want to get the 2023 tax credit), and maybe that person lives near you, and thus Tesla had already scheduled to ship that vehicle near your location.

If possible, please ask your Tesla delivery associates how they decide to choose the next person in line when a cancellation happens. Did they choose you because you live near the car’s prior delivery location? Is there some other reason? Is it random?

Reactions: player 1
Scheduled delivery!

Car shipped via Rail on Oct 15 from Fremont to Chicago and then trucked to Ohio

RWD/Blue/Black/Aero/AP

Jun 21: Order Date
Jun 22: Oct 20 to Dec 15 (8 weeks)
Jun 30: Oct 23 to Dec 4 (6 weeks)
Aug 10: Oct 3 to Nov 7 (5 weeks)
Sep 1: Oct 2 to Oct 30 (4 weeks)
Sep 9: Sep 22 to Oct 4 (13 days)
Sep 19: Oct 8 - Oct 22 (15 days)
Oct 2: Oct 17 - Oct 31 (15 days)