Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mod 3 SR grey/black
OD 6/25/22 (southen California)
Estimated 11/1 - 11/10
Quick question.....can you guys recommend a good screen protector? There are sooooo many out there to choose from and I am looking for a brand that's tried and true.
Thanks much!
After 2 years using a screen protector on my model y, I finally threw it away. It protected nothing and just diminished the experience.

My OD was 9/30 for M3RWD. White/Black. 18” No FSD. My EDD started off Oct-Dec. Then it went to 11/13-12/11. Then finally on Tuesday went to 11/12-11/26. But still no VIN. Also ordered mobile charger but received that about 2 weeks ago. Hoping I don’t get pushed back but might seem that way!

Update - I was able to pickup my vehicle yesterday thanks God, it was in great shape. Just need to place a service to adjust the trunk, passenger side view mirror and for some reason the rear driver side glass has scratches...like someone wanted to remove something and used the wrong thing and left scratches visibles only when the right angle hit the glass. Inside was perfect. As soon as I get home I was able to get everything I bought throughout the 4 months waiting for it.
Congrats! Are your wheels the matte black or grey Uberturbine covers? Also do you know where you got those from? And cost? Thanks!

Reactions: kaimanson
11/4 update: updated insurance, signed loan contract, scheduled delivery on 11/14.
11/12 update: everything is done except a Tesla accounting error. Somehow they double count my loan account. So my down payment due is negative, which prevents me paying any down payment. I will try to reach Tesla rep today to fix this before next Monday's delivery appointment. Otherwise I may demand Tesla pay me to sell me a car. 🤣

So, the plot thickens as it gives me the dickens…
Saturday I received a text to schedule my delivery appt. However, the only option was home delivery. I asked why I couldn’t just pickup the car since it was confirmed that it is locally here. I couldn’t get a direct answer. The earliest home delivery date is 11/15. Yet another week without a car.
Got a text this morning. And she’s coming today!! Home delivery. I just kept looking out the window.. lol

After getting my VIN yesterday, I got a text from Tesla that my car departed from their factory and it is already in transit. My rep told me it will here in approx in 2weeks, now Im so excited and cant wait. I already made an appointment from my electrician to install my wall connector this coming friday. It seems like it will be an early White christmas for me. I cant wait for my white on white M3

Congrats! Are your wheels the matte black or grey Uberturbine covers? Also do you know where you got those from? And cost? Thanks!
Thanks, the covers are gun grey. I got it from AliExpress, it was a out $192. Remember to ask the seller to send you the tesla logo for the wheels...if not they will send you some blank ones.
US $113.60 33%OFF | 4PCS for Tesla Model 3 18 Inch Hub Cap Performance Replacement Wheel Cap Automobile Hubcap Full Rim Cover Accessories 2018-2022

Reactions: freshwater
For those of you who got you VIN and picked up the car, how accurate was your EDD? I got my VIN yesterday but my EDD shows as 12/3 through 12/12. Terrible timing as I leave for vacation on 12/2. I’m worried now that I’ll have to give up my VIN.
EDD can vary, in my case everything was pretty quick even though my EDD was further out. In a matter of hours went from weeks to days. If i were you give Tesla a call to see what can be done. In my case due to finance taking a bit longer than usual they pushed my delivery day an extra day. But right after I got the VIN and to chose a delivery date...the system will start asking to chose a delivery day or your vehicle will get transfer to the next person in line.

EDD can vary, in my case everything was pretty quick even though my EDD was further out. In a matter of hours went from weeks to days. If i were you give Tesla a call to see what can be done. In my case due to finance taking a bit longer than usual they pushed my delivery day an extra day. But right after I got the VIN and to chose a delivery date...the system will start asking to chose a delivery day or your vehicle will get transfer to the next person in line.
Thank you. I got the VIN but no text to schedule delivery yet. Does this text come before it arrives at the delivery pickup location? Or do you get to schedule pickup only once it arrives?

Thanks!

I have scheduled delivery November 16-24. At the same time I am moving to another town on Nov 25. Not sure if it wouldn't be better for me to just cancel the order loosing $250 deposit and place again next year when timing for me to take delivery is better and get that EV tax credit and stock market rebounds.

I accumulated a lot of Amazon RSU. I placed my order for the new car in summer. I budgeted 20k or more for downpayment from selling the shares. In late October and last week the shares crashed. I think I should had sold at least 20k when it was about $120-140 per share a few months back rather than HODL when I placed order for Tesla.

I still I plan to purchase car someday but already have scheduled delivery next week. Minimum to put down is $5000 and plan to finance it through my CU with 3.5 interest rate. Not sure if it's good time to take delivery now.

I already sold 20k when price per share reached almost a little below $90 when it was granted to me.
Now think if maybe it's too early and should buy back shares.

Tesla Update - Hi ….., great news! Your Model 3 (RN….)is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.

We will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.

In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app.

ts.la/app

/////::
Got the above text today.
I got that Text on Friday as well. Then my EDD updated today, to Dec 2-16th. It was the 9th-31st.

Took delivery today. The car is amazing! Just had to report a minor interior plastic chip in the Tesla App and they are coming to my place to fix it early next week.

OD: 9/23/2022
White ext, white int, 18", no FSD
EDD: Nov 30 - Dec 28
10/3/2022 changed to Red ext, black int, 18" wheels, no FSD
EDD (10/3): Oct 30 - Nov 12
EDD (10/31): Nov 30 - Dec 28
11/1 changed to 19" wheels
11/4 - Delivery appointment scheduled + VIN received
11/8 - Delivery appointment
Wow, your process went quickly!

For all of those who have taken delivery and are not in California, how long was it from VIN to delivery date? Or better yet, how long from the “Your Model 3 has shipped” text to the date of delivery?
I took delivery at Nambe New Mexico. My text announcing my model 3 had departed Fremont cam October 15. I took delivery on November 3, but had actually been offered delivery October 31. I saw my VIN for the first time on my account web page after I click "OK" on the notification that day that my car would have no ultrasound.

I think my car took a detour through Colorado, possibly related the the legal mumbo-jumbo involved in delivering a Tesla to a state with strong dealer-protection laws. Your times might be shorter.