Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question, I've applied for my loan in late April.
How long is it valid for? It doesn't say it expired or that it's about to. Will it still be good for mid-June or I have to reapply for another approval?

I currently have 5.74% with RBC.

What rates did you guys get?

Quick question, I've applied for my loan in late April.
How long is it valid for? It doesn't say it expired or that it's about to. Will it still be good for mid-June or I have to reapply for another approval?

I currently have 5.74% with RBC.

What rates did you guys get?
The interest rate expires in 30 days, so before you take delivery they will finalize documents and it will automatically update. The loan approval lasts 60 or 90 days I don’t remember exactly, but when it does expire they just check your credit automatically. Also 5.74 was the lowest rate in April, May is 6.06, hoping for a better rate in June as the rate chances beginning of every month.

I heard they are trying to clear inventory, possibly for the refreshed model 3. I also heard that China has stopped model 3 production to upgrade the model 3 line and Elon musk is visiting China after 3 years. Again possibly for the refresh.
I hear you and it makes sense but then why can I have it and he cannot ?
The only reason I see it that I ordered from one in inventory and he did not

I think it’s because you may have done a custom order rather than an inventory model.
It’s not a custom order. It’s a white & black LR with 18” that was in inventory. Or at least I was talking about that one when I made the change a week ago. Even now it is, with the modified price by $1500.
At the same time, I might not get one from the inventory but a "new" one… though, this only they know.
The rep told me that they can have one LR for me on the 7th of June and that I could take ownership of it before 15th of June. I had the discussion Saturday with him and Monday I saw the dates for EDD changed for 2 June - 16 June.

Last edited:
It’s not a custom order. It’s a white & black LR with 18” that was in inventory. Or at least I was talking about that one when I made the change a week ago. Even now it is, with the modified price by $1500.
At the same time, I might not get one from the inventory but a "new" one… though, this only they know.
The rep told me that they can have one LR for me on the 7th of June and that I could take ownership of it before 15th of June. I had the discussion Saturday with him and Monday I saw the dates for EDD changed for 2 June - 16 June.
But even if it’s inventory they’re all new so I don’t understand really.. I would try to dig deeper and talk to a different rep maybe.. they often all have different versions of what they say

Did they ask for the TAG ? They didn’t ask me so I’m just wondering
Yes. The lady on the phone said the system marked it was mandatory, otherwise they can't insure me, hence why I have one month to do it otherwise they cancel it.

Maybe it depends on your region/address and how prone cars are to be stolen in that specific region?

Either way, she said it's about 3-400$, and they have a partnership with Lebeau which is 50% off... So lets call it a 200$ one time fee in order to save 2k/year as opposed to the other insurance companies.

Also, the lady told me to sign up for a Coopérative funéraire online (they have different ones per regions). I signed up as a lifelong member for 20$ one time fee. This offers an extra 10% discount on my insurance via Co-operators (which should be about 100$ a year or so).

Yes. The lady on the phone said the system marked it was mandatory, otherwise they can't insure me, hence why I have one month to do it otherwise they cancel it.

Maybe it depends on your region/address and how prone cars are to be stolen in that specific region?

Either way, she said it's about 3-400$, and they have a partnership with Lebeau which is 50% off... So lets call it a 200$ one time fee in order to save 2k/year as opposed to the other insurance companies.

Also, the lady told me to sign up for a Coopérative funéraire online (they have different ones per regions). I signed up as a lifelong member for 20$ one time fee. This offers an extra 10% discount on my insurance via Co-operators (which should be about 100$ a year or so).
Interesting, maybe because I'm on the south shire of Montreal and not in the city I don't need the TAG.

Also my EDD just changed to June 2-16 but like @voldar I doubt I will have it by Friday lol

Another price drop just now. It was $40,000 at 5:00pm.
70726394926__70F2A59D-7710-4542-83D5-35DDCF07E8CD.jpeg