Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in contact with an advisor during the time I placed my order. He had asked when I wanted to take delivery, and I said ASAP. Not sure if it helped, but you should reach out to the Costa Mesa location and see if they can guarantee Sept delivery for your order.

Will do chief. Test drove in lake Forrest location and placed the order a week later for Costa Mesa delivery.

Originally wanted October delivery but the original text told me that it’s either September or December. Convinced me for September over texts and then no responses after I submitted my loan plan .

Chat service hit me with this though when I reached out about getting a vin for insurance.

Attachments

• 3F476E31-C09C-4FB3-975C-F1C035467A27.jpeg
    3F476E31-C09C-4FB3-975C-F1C035467A27.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 101
I placed my Red on White interior (SR+) on June 14th....not a peep since ordering and 2 days later asking to finalizing payment to get myself prioritized.

I'm a little concerned because so many have received updated texts these past two weeks on schedule updates, but I've not seen anything. I know they have my correct number because I already received the text to confirm finances. Best of luck on your wait. I'm looking forward to this car...but +10 weeks for an original order date of 4-6 weeks is a Joke!

I test drove the Red on White - Looked Awesome!

So i got a text to schedule my delivery..went into my account nothing there...called the delivery centre and They said expected to arrive on the 7th and booked me for Delivery for 9th September - ordered on July 6th SR+ pearl white with 19inch rims

Still showing No VIN which is weird - Toronto Ontario

So i got a text to schedule my delivery..went into my account nothing there...called the delivery centre and They said expected to arrive on the 7th and booked me for Delivery for 9th September - ordered on July 6th SR+ pearl white with 19inch rims

Still showing No VIN which is weird - Toronto Ontario
Congratulations! Ordered white/white with 19s as well on July 18th and nothing yet. Hopefully soon

Anybody know why certain customers get their vehicles earlier than others(Even though they ordered it around the same time)? Is it mostly about location? I’ve talked to people waiting 10+ weeks.
I've read it's due to location and configuration. Cars are built in batches based on make and model and then are delivered based on location. As far as what cars get made first, I wish I knew that answer!

Reactions: RedWhite19
Cars are built in batches based on make and model and then are delivered based on location.

Tesla can book a sale when the buyer accepts the delivery and pays for the car. So they want to book as many sales by the end of the quarter (september 30, midnight). So the furthest away buyer gets their cars shipped first. The nearest buyers (to the factory) get their car right at the end of the quarter.

Of course if someone rejects the car or doesn't pick it up, it goes to another potential buyer (whoever is closest).

Checked web site today and noticed vin assigned

08/14 order
08/19 got message 2-5 weeks to get deliver
08/27 got vin
Looking forward delivery information

I am in a East Cost , in MD

Where did you find your vin when you checked the web site? I'm also in MD (Rockville), and ordered a LR AWD, 19" wheels, black/black on 7/28. I got the same text as everyone about 2-4 weeks, etc a few days ago but nothing since.

Just received a text to schedule delivery for 8/31! VIN now shows up under my account.

Summary of my timeline:
7/3 - ordered (SR+, Blue/Black, 19") with initial 8-12 week estimate.
8/6 - 3 to 6 week text
8/19 - 1 to 4 week text
8/29 - Text to schedule delivery
8/31 - delivery appointment

7/21 Ordered online for Oakville, Ontario
9/9 Scheduled delivery (via automated text)
White/Black SR+

Can’t wait!!! I’ve been following the rise of Tesla since before Elon became CEO. Ever since the “Master Plan” I’ve been waiting for the more affordable Tesla. I haven’t even sat in a Tesla yet, but I have complete faith in the company, the engineering, and their mission.

8/26 Ordered in store (SR+ White/Black 18" , Miami, FL)
8/28 VIN appeared on website, no delivery date, finalized financing
8/29 VIN no longer available on site

Have not received any texts aside from day of order asking to finalize information. Asked SA why VIN was removed from account and if delivery is impacted, no response.