Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of my SR+, cancelled an order from 9/17 when I found an existing inventory LFP SR+ on 9/21. Then had issue with the order and I never got VIN or delivery date. The rest explained here: SR/SR+ Waiting Room .

Today, I went for the delivery and it turns out it's an NCA SR+ (gross weight 4446 lb) that they sub for me. Oh well, no 100% charging but at least it's 212 lb lighter. My only issue was a little bit of the blackout trim had a couple of small spots flaked off. It doesn't seem to be enough of an issue to go for service.

Overall, I like this car a lot. It drives nicely and felt very nimble driving my way home. Got used to the one pedal driving pretty quickly. Had to reorient myself when I initially put it in "drive" and it didn't move, started looking for a parking brake, ouch.

Info: CA bay area, white with black interior, 18" aero wheels, no FSD.

So... I got the summer tires with my SR+. I didn't even check when I left the delivery center. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 235/45/ZR18. I would be using winter tires anyway... but it's just a surprise. Did anyone else get this? I was looking through all my documentation and I don't see 'all seasons' listed anywhere but I would have thought up in the mid-atlantic/northeast that all seasons would be typical... especially on an SR+.

New member here. I have been following this thread for about a month now and it has been super helpful and informative. My situation is soo similar to everyone on this forum, its crazy.
M3 SR+ Sliver Metallic Aero Wheels Black interior No FSD

Original order date July 27 get a VIN and a delivery date Aug 11th, 3 days before delivery the VIN and delivery date disappeared with no warning or explanation. I phone the delivery centre here in Vancouver and they said the car was damaged and not fit for delivery. I go back into a virtual waiting room. When I got my original VIN I took a screen shot because I was very excited to be getting a Tesla. After a about 3 weeks of being in purgatory without an EDD I did a VIN search of the M3 that I didn't get. To my surprise I found it registered here in Vancouver, I was shocked! 11 days after my delivery date some one else had been matched and received the vehicle. I phoned Tesla and through many conversations without any explanations I got ahold of the manager at the delivery centre and I was told that Tesla doesn't re match the vehicle with the original person after its repaired. Tesla claims they don't want the client to receive a "fixed or repaired" vehicle, they would rather you get a brand new vehicle from Fremont. I asked if the person getting the repaired vehicle knew it was previously damaged and they claimed that yes they are aware. Personally I don't think that this a great practice and that the original match to the VIN should get first right of refusal. I will say though that the manager did offer me a Red M3 LR to me while we were talking on the phone. I asked if it was previously damaged and she said no that it was not picked up due to personal reasons. I decided no to take it because of the price as it would affect the EV credit we get up here from the government. Needless to say its been a long and frustrating journey. Forgive my long rant, but I am curious if anyone else has had their VIN taken away without an explanation?

My EDD was existent for a while and then one day it shows up as Sept 14 -30 > Oct 14 -28 > Oct 19 - 28 > Oct 20 -24. Trending in the right direction, but not holding my breath. Also I found a VIN in the source code.

New member here. I have been following this thread for about a month now and it has been super helpful and informative. My situation is soo similar to everyone on this forum, its crazy.

Original order date July 27 get a VIN and a delivery date Aug 11th, 3 days before delivery the VIN and delivery date disappeared with no warning or explanation. I phone the delivery centre here in Vancouver and they said the car was damaged and not fit for delivery. I go back into a virtual waiting room. When I got my original VIN I took a screen shot because I was very excited to be getting a Tesla. After a about 3 weeks of being in purgatory without an EDD I did a VIN search of the M3 that I didn't get. To my surprise I found it registered here in Vancouver, I was shocked! 11 days after my delivery date some one else had been matched and received the vehicle. I phoned Tesla and through many conversations without any explanations I got ahold of the manager at the delivery centre and I was told that Tesla doesn't re match the vehicle with the original person after its repaired. Tesla claims they don't want the client to receive a "fixed or repaired" vehicle, they would rather you get a brand new vehicle from Fremont. I asked if the person getting the repaired vehicle knew it was previously damaged and they claimed that yes they are aware. Personally I don't think that this a great practice and that the original match to the VIN should get first right of refusal. I will say though that the manager did offer me a Red M3 LR to me while we were talking on the phone. I asked if it was previously damaged and she said no that it was not picked up due to personal reasons. I decided no to take it because of the price as it would affect the EV credit we get up here from the government. Needless to say its been a long and frustrating journey. Forgive my long rant, but I am curious if anyone else has had their VIN taken away without an explanation?

My EDD was existent for a while and then one day it shows up as Sept 14 -30 > Oct 14 -28 > Oct 19 - 28 > Oct 20 -24. Trending in the right direction, but not holding my breath. Also I found a VIN in the source code.
Nightmare. Thats horrible customer service. Hope you get it soon

That's nuts! Id be pissed but it looks like you are hopefully close back to getting one.