Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else thinking of pushing back their delivery date to Jan 2022 to have a fighting chance for the EV tax credit if passed?

Attachments

• F321DC7A-FB8D-4B75-8717-0DDC1FFF7AEB.jpeg
    F321DC7A-FB8D-4B75-8717-0DDC1FFF7AEB.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 82
I saw this bill and am torn. We need the car soon but would LOVE an extra $10K back, just don't' know if we can wait that long.

Tesla could just raise the prices by $5K too and just wholesale cancel/refund old orders (because of pricing change) and ask everyone to submit new ones. Too much uncertainty. The only certainty is the government is deadlocked :)

Tesla could just raise the prices by $5K too and just wholesale cancel/refund old orders (because of pricing change) and ask everyone to submit new ones. Too much uncertainty. The only certainty is the government is deadlocked :)
True enough. I ordered back on August 12th, SR+ Red, white interior, 18" wheels. Before the price hike and before the 1000 supercharger referral ended and before the CA instant rebate dropped from 1500 to 750. So I feel like I'm already ahead. EDD has moved SOOO much though, getting frustrated. Keep entering my window and on the second day it gets pushed back. It was originally Jan 2021 and almost would have preferred it there if it remained constant and accurate. Currently EDD: Oct 23-Nov 9. I'm in the Sacramento area. If it goes into December then I will probably see if delivery can be pushed to Jan1st or later. If I get it this month I think I'll take it.

For those in Orlando or Tampa, there is a good chance I will be giving up my M3 SR+ blue/white/19" (Oct 29th delivery) because I snagged a MY white/black/20" from the inventory. Will know after Friday after I accept the MY delivery.

I don't know if it goes back into the pool or not. Maybe I could get the SA to assign it to somebody (I know I'm losing $250).

Reactions: BnGrm
True enough. I ordered back on August 12th, SR+ Red, white interior, 18" wheels. Before the price hike and before the 1000 supercharger referral ended and before the CA instant rebate dropped from 1500 to 750. So I feel like I'm already ahead. EDD has moved SOOO much though, getting frustrated. Keep entering my window and on the second day it gets pushed back. It was originally Jan 2021 and almost would have preferred it there if it remained constant and accurate. Currently EDD: Oct 23-Nov 9. I'm in the Sacramento area. If it goes into December then I will probably see if delivery can be pushed to Jan1st or later. If I get it this month I think I'll take it.
I'm in Sacramento as well and we are in a very similar boat! Original EDD was November. Two days into my EDD, it gets pushed back again. Now I'm looking at Oct 21-Nov 4.

Tesla Model 3 SR+
Color: MSM with Black interior
No other ad-ons.
Order Date: May 27, 2021
Originally estimated: July 23 - Aug 22
Has been pushed back a few times already and now my estimated delivery date is: Oct 19 - Nov 2.

I received a text last month asking if I wanted to accept delivery in September and I replied yes. Then I receive another text saying my estimated delivery is Oct 16 - Oct 21 but dashboard never reflects that date, once Oct 16 date comes my date changes to Oct 19 - Nov 2.

From what I was told, the $1,500 CA Clean Fuel Reward applies to all deliveries made on and before 11/01/2021. Then the rate changes from $1,500 to $750 on 11/02/2021.

I ordered my SR+ white on black, 18" wheels, on 10/04 and my account still shows the $1500 rebate but my EDD is 03/12-04/09/22. I was told by my SA that that amount could change on 11/02.

Here's to hoping that the SA is wrong, and that you get your car earlier than 11/01! Lol!

Update:

SR+ Order with no options
Sacramento, CA

Ordered on 8/10
Original estimated delivery was November
Changed to Oct 8-28
Changed to Oct 2-10
Changed to Oct 5-12
Changed to Oct 15-Nov 12
Changed to Oct 13-Oct 27
Changed to Oct 16-Oct 28
Today, Changed to Oct 21-Nov 4

I haven't received a Tesla Vison email and I don't see the VIN in my account (not in the source code either)
I order 10 days after you, same here brother. My original date was late December then changed to mid-Nov to early December, changed late oct to mid-Nov, changed early oct to late oct, whenever I get close to the date it got pushed back. Now I am sitting at Nov 2 to Nov 30, Nov 4 is my bday hope I can get the car on that day.

I order 10 days after you, same here brother. My original date was late December then changed to mid-Nov to early December, changed late oct to mid-Nov, changed early oct to late oct, whenever I get close to the date it got pushed back. Now I am sitting at Nov 2 to Nov 30, Nov 4 is my bday hope I can get the car on that day.
It's interesting how delivery dates are all over the place. I order my SR+ on Aug 12. It's has moved all over the place from late Oct, to Nov, and now back to end of Jan. I am hopping it changes back to at least Nov. Fingers crossed

For those of you picking up SR+ 18"... can you let me know what tire you are getting? MXM4 T1's are out of stock everywhere; I suspect that's partially why Base SR+ are pushed out to late next year. I received Pilot Sport 4 Summer Tires with my SR+. So if you're up north and are picking up an SR+, please please please check your tires! You should not drive the summer tires below 45F or so! I'm changing mine out ASAP with CC2's because MXM4 is out of stock, I called Michelin, even they aren't sure when they'll have them.
I just picked my SR+ (18" wheels) up on Saturday and it came with MXM4 T1's. Bay Area, Calif.

Reactions: NB Hip fan