Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tongw, aa007, doc52 and others:

My DA says he's confident I'll get my SR (5/28) by June 30. His words:

I’m not worried yet. I have seen how this company comes together to get cars out the door and it is really awesome.
Is it salesperson-speak? We'll see. Fremont factory is spitting out roughly 900 cars a day. Some days 1000, according to Elon. It's difficult to imagine us not getting our orders by end of month. Tesla wouldn't open orders to all those countries (Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Ireland and Macau) earlier this week if they felt they couldn't meet demand here in the US, right? No, I don't know really, but I would like to think so.

Reactions: xasroma
I’m guessing with limited resources for delivery, the company wants to maximize dollar value per delivery by prioritizing configs with higher prices.

Remember at the end of the day, the ultimate number Wall Street looks at is the dollar amount, not just the number deliveries. So if there is one car that has to roll into q3, let it be the lowest priced config. And if prioritizing SR+ delivery over SR brings 1% increase in revenue, the company will be stupid not to do that.

And this unfortunately trumps over how much gov incentive you receive for your purchase.
True

I’m not worried yet. I have seen how this company comes together to get cars out the door and it is really awesome.
Is it salesperson-speak? We'll see. Fremont factory is spitting out roughly 900 cars a day. Some days 1000, according to Elon. It's difficult to imagine us not getting our orders by end of month. Tesla wouldn't open orders to all those countries (Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Ireland and Macau) earlier this week if they felt they couldn't meet demand here in the US, right? No, I don't know really, but I would like to think so.
fingers crossed for ya!

Got my Delivery Date just now in Toronto for June 19th. No VIN yet, but I assume that will come soon.

Configuration date of 3 May 2019. SR+ Black with White interior, 18” Aero, FSD.

Same boat as you, friend. Ordered May 9. White on black. 18". Delivery says June 12. No VIN but when I called my sales dude from Yorkdale he was able to get me my VIN.

Same boat as you, friend. Ordered May 9. White on black. 18". Delivery says June 12. No VIN but when I called my sales dude from Yorkdale he was able to get me my VIN.
Also apparently our batch makes it to Chicago before Toronto. When it reaches Chicago that's when Tesla confirms details, like vin, delivery date. At least this is what I was told from my delivery rep.

Congrats!

I’ll do that if it doesn’t show up a week before delivery (seems to be the standard from what I’ve read).

For now I checked the page source code on the account page and found a complete VIN.

Can’t wait to bring it home.

Also apparently our batch makes it to Chicago before Toronto. When it reaches Chicago that's when Tesla confirms details, like vin, delivery date. At least this is what I was told from my delivery rep.

Very cool. Thanks for this. I’ll keep a look out for that. Maybe my date will get bumped up if that’s the case. I can’t see it getting assigned a VIN + delivery date and then taking nearly 3 weeks to get here from Fremont.

I heard same language from my guy too. but with the 6-8 week estimate the company has no obligation to get the SR's out before the cutoff.
And looking at the Model 3 delivery tracker, there are a quite a few SR/SR+'s that have lately taken more than 30 days to deliver.

Very cool. Thanks for this. I’ll keep a look out for that. Maybe my date will get bumped up if that’s the case. I can’t see it getting assigned a VIN + delivery date and then taking nearly 3 weeks to get here from Fremont.
You can see it over here! I’ve had my vin and June 4 delivery date for three weeks with delivery to Vancouver. Suspense is killing me.

• Funny
Reactions: Mansley
Just found my VIN in the source code. I ordered on 5/19. MSM, 18” areos without FSD. Screen is now prompting me to pay off the remaining balance. Still no delivery date. I’m guessing it’s still at the factory waiting to be shipped.

Well, of that 900 per day I would say AT LEAST 150 per day are headed to Canada. Then there is Europe and China probably sucking up another 300 to 400 which leaves about 300 - 400 per day for the US. Soooooo....