Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not at all.
I emailed a screen grab to my guy and he says he doesn't know why those texts are being sent: "how can they "schedule delivery" without a VIN"?
It sounds like they're getting ready to build your car, but why not mine as well since they're twins 'n all?
*shrug*

Interesting update in my situation to piggyback off this post:

I hadn't heard from my SA since early yesterday and he finally got back to me tonight when I asked him if he felt that the text message we received was accurate. He said he didn't believe it was and said we'd know more on the 2nd.

HOWEVER, he informed me that he was "just informed" that people who have completed their application are getting processed earlier than those that haven't. And I remember seeing a text like that come in a couple of weeks ago. So, maybe they just haven't informed SAs what the plan is regarding the text messages we all received. And, I mean, it kinda of answers the question about just how much SAs are informed by Tesla about things. It really feels like there is a glitch in communication.

Interesting update in my situation to piggyback off this post:

I hadn't heard from my SA since early yesterday and he finally got back to me tonight when I asked him if he felt that the text message we received was accurate. He said he didn't believe it was and said we'd know more on the 2nd.

HOWEVER, he informed me that he was "just informed" that people who have completed their application are getting processed earlier than those that haven't. And I remember seeing a text like that come in a couple of weeks ago. So, maybe they just haven't informed SAs what the plan is regarding the text messages we all received. And, I mean, it kinda of answers the question about just how much SAs are informed by Tesla about things. It really feels like there is a glitch in communication.

If you have a VIN and/or delivery scheduled then you should be driving a Model 3 soon.

My application was complete.
It's pretty obvious at this point to be a crap shoot of when and where cars will be delivered.
There are people who ordered before me still waiting while others who ordered after me receiving cars.
If I don't get my tax credit because of some random delivery shenanigans, I will be pissed. But what can be done?

BOOM!

Vin just showed up in my source code this morning. Ordered 10/24, white on black, SR+, no FSD.

Edit: Confirmed my Vin is a 2020 model year, just FYI.

It goes to show that Tesla is doing thing in a mysterious way. I ordered my on 10/9 and I still don't have a VIN yet. Also, since the mass "Expected delivery date text" went out 2 days ago my SA and delivery center people went "radio silence". How weird.

Reactions: tren01t
It goes to show that Tesla is doing thing in a mysterious way. I ordered my on 10/9 and I still don't have a VIN yet. Also, since the mass "Expected delivery date text" went out 2 days ago my SA and delivery center people went "radio silence". How weird.

Super strange. I texted my SA and let him know I sourced the VIN and he confirmed he sees it as well. Vehicle is scheduled to arrive at the center on December 6th, which is within the delivery window of my text.

Hi Everyone, rookie to the forum and owning a Tesla and thought I would add a data point. I requested access to excel worksheet but haven't got permission yet

10/8/19 Ordered M3+ wht/blk w/ 19" wheels (no other options). Did this at Tesla Store in Sunnyvale, CA. Input all data for tasks to complete when I got home.

11/15/19 Went to Sunnyvale store and had manager confirmed all info was downloaded correctly on Tesla web site. Was told the same info which was posted here, likely 2nd week in December flood gates will open up here in bay area with M3's.

11/16/19 found vin in source code and also payment option which I paid (super easy transfer from bank)

11/1819 Had voice mail and text from Tesla wanting to set delivery date. Returned call and all set up for later in the week

11/21/10 (Today) My new M3 schedule to be delivered to home in San Jose, CA at 5:00 this afternoon :)

And yes, super excited!!!!!

Hi Everyone, rookie to the forum and owning a Tesla and thought I would add a data point. I requested access to excel worksheet but haven't got permission yet

10/8/19 Ordered M3+ wht/blk w/ 19" wheels (no other options). Did this at Tesla Store in Sunnyvale, CA. Input all data for tasks to complete when I got home.

11/15/19 Went to Sunnyvale store and had manager confirmed all info was downloaded correctly on Tesla web site. Was told the same info which was posted here, likely 2nd week in December flood gates will open up here in bay area with M3's.

11/16/19 found vin in source code and also payment option which I paid (super easy transfer from bank)

11/1819 Had voice mail and text from Tesla wanting to set delivery date. Returned call and all set up for later in the week

11/21/10 (Today) My new M3 schedule to be delivered to home in San Jose, CA at 5:00 this afternoon :)

And yes, super excited!!!!!

oh wow congrats!!! i think it's about time for you to receive the car after it's been almost 7 weeks of vigorous waiting!
i ordered mine on 10/23 in Fremont(exactly same config as you) so I don't assume to get my car anytime soon in November :)

@AZjohnInCA it would be great to post some pics & report back on the 'missing' things. I think we know frunk hooks are gone which I do not have a car for but I heard somewhere (cannot find reference - it was on youtube) that the front usb hub was gone which I find hard to believe - I reckon they just did not know where to look.