Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally I got the text and the vin. Got a text says "Your Model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled! Select an available delivery appointment time now at account page blahblahblah..."
Ordered 10/21 initially SR w/b 18aero no FSD (Bay area). After more than 4 weeks of waiting, changed the exterior color to red on 11/23 and boom, after 2days, got a text and vin at the same day. Different from what it says in the text, delivery date is pre-scheduled on 11/27 at Fremont DC.
Chrome extension for vin number didn't work for me, so I manually checked the source code which actually has a vin number in it, after 2 hours, vin number was also appeared on the account page.
I feel like it's being updated very fast (at least for California?) Now, I need to find the loan to make the final payment.
Me too just check my account and show VIN by Chrome extension no text yet for delivery. I have question do they have option pickup from Fremont DC or home delivery? my SR+ Red/Black 18 no FSD on 10/5

Me too just check my account and show VIN by Chrome extension no text yet for delivery. I have question do they have option pickup from Fremont DC or home delivery? my SR+ Red/Black 18 no FSD on 10/5
Congratulations!!!
We are also in San Jose and our SA in Sunnyvale said that we would need to pick up in Fremont when we ordered. But, once I got the VIN and text to pick a delivery date they actually delivered it to our home (so much better).
The delivery guy said he picked up our SR+ from the Fremont factory. Interesting part was he called a Uber to pick him up at our house to take him all the way back to the Fremont facility so he could repeat and rinse :)

• Informative
Reactions: huangm777
Congratulations!!!
We are also in San Jose and our SA in Sunnyvale said that we would need to pick up in Fremont when we ordered. But, once I got the VIN and text to pick a delivery date they actually delivered it to our home (so much better).
The delivery guy said he picked up our SR+ from the Fremont factory. Interesting part was he called a Uber to pick him up at our house to take him all the way back to the Fremont facility so he could repeat and rinse :)
Thanks for your information.

#itshappening

VIN assigned. 36 days from configuration. South Bay Area, CA

SR+ Wht/Wht Aero FSD

source.gif

me four! Null party time.
my impatience is stating to feel like it has a tint of anger. mostly because everyone I talk to on Tesla side gives me a diff. idea on what to expect. and also i ordered 10/11. long enough! many people who switched orders or ordered way after that are getting the VIN rain, and i'm sitting here clicking on that Tesla logo Chrome extension like some idiot who can't accept i'm not Vinning today. :)

me 5! Totally feel the same way you do.

Reactions: Csamika
I feel the frustration of the people who still don't have a VIN assigned. I ordered my SR+ W/B on 10/9 and was getting really frustrated until this morning when the VIN appeared in my source. Now I am waiting for the text to set the delivery date. I hope to have it tomorrow. Good luck to all.

I ordered 10/15 so I would understand why I haven't gotten anything yet (assuming that one big factor on who gets theirs first is by order date). Should be any day now.

I gotta be honest here. I'm closing in on 7 weeks. I also work at there. I can't even get a car and this was a stretch for us but we were using one car until we had a kid. And needed a second car to help our commutes. This was a luxury for us, but one I was thrilled to do.

Happy to see alot of you getting cars but it sucks watching stuff get delivered that was ordered 2-4 weeks after mine sucks. I'm about 12 hours from cancelling my order and probably never buying a Tesla car. My experience has been that poor. My SA has moved my dates 4 times now. We were supposed to have it end of this week. Now it's the next. At this point it may as well be Feb.

Major bummer as I love the cars and the company. Happy for all of you I just can't really get behind the customer experience i've had. I'd rather get a Mach-E to be honest.
You're not serious right?

I gotta be honest here. I'm closing in on 7 weeks. I also work at there. I can't even get a car and this was a stretch for us but we were using one car until we had a kid. And needed a second car to help our commutes. This was a luxury for us, but one I was thrilled to do.

Happy to see alot of you getting cars but it sucks watching stuff get delivered that was ordered 2-4 weeks after mine sucks. I'm about 12 hours from cancelling my order and probably never buying a Tesla car. My experience has been that poor. My SA has moved my dates 4 times now. We were supposed to have it end of this week. Now it's the next. At this point it may as well be Feb.

Major bummer as I love the cars and the company. Happy for all of you I just can't really get behind the customer experience i've had. I'd rather get a Mach-E to be honest.

Do what you gotta do, but my advice is to hang in there. The absolute maximum Tesla says any of us is waiting to take delivery is one more month and you’ll be waiting years yet for that Mach-E :). Believe me I get the frustration with the lack of communication, I think it’s utterly wild to buy a car and wait 1-2 months, and their delivery scheme only makes sense to the super-secret planners in Elon’s war room. But this also is sort of the bleeding edge of the car tech world, and there’s always a price to being an early adopter. Bright side is, we’ve all done the bulk of our waiting, and in before long we’ll all be driving the best cars we’ve ever driven. I hope lol

Reactions: SSS6
I'm betting our cars came off the line one after the other, and are also going to make the long trip to FL together!

Best of luck with delivery!

Thanks and same to you!
Yes, our cars are VIN twins!

Oddly, my SA sent me the screen shot of their internal delivery info (Tesla Lightining Force) with my VIN and it shows that my car is "ready for transport to rail station", as if still in Cali. Yikes.
If yours is here and ready for this Friday pickup, then mine was delayed for some reason...?!
Your schedule does gel with what he originally told me (build on 14th, delivery 21-23).
Whatever the case, I(finally) got the text yesterday afternoon and I'm taking delivery on Friday the 13th.
:eek::D

Last edited:
Received an email sunday night; M3 is in the area, Sign purchase agreement, send dealer funding, and delivery will be scheduled. Replied with required docs within 15mins. Tesla account shows delivery 11/30. 36hrs later, still no reply from SA. Piss poor coms even when all they need to do is fund the vehicle and ship it. Hey, at least I should get it some time soon, right?!

Thanks and same to you!
Yes, our cars are VIN twins!

Oddly, my SA sent me the screen shot of their internal delivery info (Tesla Lightining Force) with my VIN and it shows that my car is "ready for transport to rail station", as if still in Cali. Yikes.
If yours is here and ready for this Friday pickup, then mine was delayed for some reason...?!
Your schedule does gel with what he originally told me (build on 14th, delivery 21-23).
Whatever the case, I(finally) got the text yesterday afternoon and I'm taking delivery on Friday the 13th.
:eek::D

Yours must be coming in the same shipment as mine! I had the option for the 13th but work gets in the way so I scheduled the 14th.

My Tesla Advisor emailed me my VIN yesterday and let me know my car (White/Black SR+, 18" Aero, no FSD) is currently in transit to KC and the 11/28-12/6 delivery I received in the initial text was still good. I received a text from Tesla shortly after and the earliest date for delivery I could schedule was 12/11. VIN is still not showing up on my Tesla account page yet though so that's a bit weird based on order of events I've seen described by others here. Seems like I'm likely getting my car either next week or the following week which is great news, would just be nice to have a bit more clarity on timing so I can coordinate with my credit union for final payment.