Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Colorado here, ordered white/black, aero wheels on 8/3. Got the 4-7 weeks text today. Assuming at this point I’m looking at late September for delivery.

Unfortunately that’s probably what will happen. There’s going to be a crazy “push all the cars out for delivery before the end of Q3” happen. In June they were trying to get as many deliveries completed before midnight of June 30th. I expect the same will happen in September.

Unfortunately that’s probably what will happen. There’s going to be a crazy “push all the cars out for delivery before the end of Q3” happen. In June they were trying to get as many deliveries completed before midnight of June 30th. I expect the same will happen in September.

My only hope is that the rush to get deliveries completed before end of Q3 doesn't mean an uptick in QC issues; no idea whether that's been the case in the past but it's at the back of my mind.

My only hope is that the rush to get deliveries completed before end of Q3 doesn't mean an uptick in QC issues; no idea whether that's been the case in the past but it's at the back of my mind.

That is why I ordered early in the quarter (July 11), thinking that there would not be the crush of orders and maybe the quality would be a bit better. But many companies are driven by the end of the quarter rush. I've seen it first hand (in my younger days) - that is why I wanted to avoid it...

That is why I ordered early in the quarter (July 11), thinking that there would not be the crush of orders and maybe the quality would be a bit better. But many companies are driven by the end of the quarter rush. I've seen it first hand (in my younger days) - that is why I wanted to avoid it...

For sure! I figured ordering in early August wouldn’t be an issue as well but Tesla makes the car in batches so it depends on your configuration and date of order I suppose

Ordered on 7/10 (SR+, Pearl White/Black, 18" Aero) with a 4-8 week delivery estimate. Also received a text message on 8/5 saying 5-8 weeks for delivery.

For what its worth, I called my Tesla rep and he said he has heard that the 5-8 week text is an accidental automated text that is actually related to the Model Y and sent out in error. He recommended focusing on the original delivery estimate and that North American production focus started this month so he expects the majority of deliveries will begin late August with a push to clear before Oct 1.

Reactions: tche93
Ordered on 7/10 (SR+, Pearl White/Black, 18" Aero) with a 4-8 week delivery estimate. Also received a text message on 8/5 saying 5-8 weeks for delivery.

For what its worth, I called my Tesla rep and he said he has heard that the 5-8 week text is an accidental automated text that is actually related to the Model Y and sent out in error. He recommended focusing on the original delivery estimate and that North American production focus started this month so he expects the majority of deliveries will begin late August with a push to clear before Oct 1.
Thanks for sharing! I also see from the “Order Tracking Spreadsheet” that someone in Quebec (ordered July 28th) is expecting a White with 18” scheduled for delivery on September 11th.