Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up my car on Friday. I wanted to withhold final payment until I was there at the delivery center and had a chance to inspect it. Can I just pay right on the website from my phone when I'm there? Link my bank account info and pay? Or... can I link my payment now, but not hit the final Pay button until I'm there and ready?

I am picking up my car on Friday. I wanted to withhold final payment until I was there at the delivery center and had a chance to inspect it. Can I just pay right on the website from my phone when I'm there? Link my bank account info and pay? Or... can I link my payment now, but not hit the final Pay button until I'm there and ready?
I called my SA today and was asking him if I can bring in cash. He said I couldn’t do that but I could bring in a cashier check during delivery date.

I just got a text today as well saying my Model 3 will be ready in 2-4 weeks from today. Seattle Area.

Ordered:
8/5 - Midnight Silver M3 SR+ with Black interior, 18" Aero wheels with just Autopilot on 8/5 to Seattle. When ordered 4-8 weeks
8/19 - Got a text update saying 4-6 weeks
9/2 - Got another text update saying 2-4 weeks

Also the in the Seattle area and received the same text this morning. I ordered on 7/10 (with a 4-8 week delivery estimate) so it will pretty much be close to a full quarter lag from order to delivery. I guess it really doesn't matter when you place your order as the quarterly delivery schedule seems to be purely tied to regional prioritization (unless you get lucky and they pair you with a random car sitting around).

International -> East Coast NA -> West Coast NA.

Got the call today, she's in early and they moved my appointment up a week to this Sunday :)
Ordered 07/19
New updated Delivery 09/06 at noon (original appointment was 09/11)

7 long weeks - Finally!
Congrats!!! Ordered 7/18, SR+ white/white with 19s. Called SA on Monday and they said my car is in transit and my delivery appt is scheduled for 9/20. Hoping to get it earlier!

Reactions: HTWOMS
Congrats!!! Ordered 7/18, SR+ white/white with 19s. Called SA on Monday and they said my car is in transit and my delivery appt is scheduled for 9/20. Hoping to get it earlier!

Thanks. SR+ White/Back with 19s here. Coincidently, not sure if it made a difference, but I just put my bank information on the account, then all of a sudden they call the next day saying it's in early. Either way, I'll take an early delivery anytime!

Good luck with yours!!

Hey folks. Tomorrow will be 1 month since my order. MSM with white interior and 18 inch Aeros. This is the combo the wife wanted and she will drive about 90%. It seems after looking at the spreadsheet that this combo is the most unique there. I wonder if Tesla needs a certain number if the same combos before they start production.

Hey folks. Tomorrow will be 1 month since my order. MSM with white interior and 18 inch Aeros. This is the combo the wife wanted and she will drive about 90%. It seems after looking at the spreadsheet that this combo is the most unique there. I wonder if Tesla needs a certain number if the same combos before they start production.

Ordered 9/6, same config actually...and noticed the same thing - it's pretty rare. Thinking about switching colors...

Wow, nice to know I’m not alone in the world. :)

I actually dig the fact that it’s fairly rare. I don’t dig the seemingly longer wait.

No, not alone at all. I just felt the interior was overpoweringly dark... I've had dark interiors before and definitely prefer them lighter. I do like that it's rare(r)...so probably not going to switch. But this wait...not looking forward to it.

No, not alone at all. I just felt the interior was overpoweringly dark... I've had dark interiors before and definitely prefer them lighter. I do like that it's rare(r)...so probably not going to switch. But this wait...not looking forward to it.

I agree the Midnight Silver seems to be the rarest color. I ordered the MSM but with black interior. Where I live around Seattle area I have only seen a couple of the Midnight Silvers. Mostly I see white, followed by blue and black.

It probably only matters as to who gets first dibs on the car within the pool of cars that match your configuration. They aren't going to prioritize a batch of one config vs. another based on reservation order of the people waiting for the cars

I don't make cars for a living but I assume they have a minimum batch quantity they want for cost-effectiveness at each stage of the line...so that makes sense.