Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same story here, got a magical update yesterday showing a new delivery date of Nov 23rd to Nov 30th (SR+ white ext/black int).... however, still no VIN assigned.

Took the advice from Pooh and called my SA. He looked up my file and said there wasn't a VIN yet. Apparently this means either (i) the car hasn't been built at the factory yet, or (ii) I haven't been assigned one yet off the line. Said he was 'getting a lot of VINs lately' so mine shouldn't be too long, perhaps in the next couple days. BUT - he did say it takes a couple of weeks for the car to transit (I'm in Toronto, Canada)... so I'm probably looking at early Dec as the soonest :-(.

Feel like an expecting parent in the delivery ward - LOL

Has anybody who had their delivery estimates updated actually received any material changes to their account? Some people had date ranges that have already expired and it doesn't seem like they ever got any updates, vin or delivery. What's the point of updating the estimates lol

Has anybody who had their delivery estimates updated actually received any material changes to their account? Some people had date ranges that have already expired and it doesn't seem like they ever got any updates, vin or delivery. What's the point of updating the estimates lol

I got a delivery estimate of nov23-dec 1. lol. I was really hoping to get the car before thanksdgiving. Seems like just a dream..

I wondered this myself, what happens when the delivery window completely passes since the start date always changes to the current day.

Side note: The source code just played a really cruel trick on me. I've been searching for '5YJ' for weeks as i'm sure many of us have been and today I got a hit. I coudln't believe it my vin....nope. Unless i'm doing it wrong it's just a coincidence and not a vin. :(

Picked up my 2021 SR+ this past Saturday in Toronto, and had a really smooth experience. In terms of fit and finish, there was really nothing to note as far as I could tell. I'll get some photos of it when we catch some sun here, but overall I'm quite happy with it. First drive with it, I went about 50 km in 5 C weather (~40 F), and with the HVAC on to a cool room temp, I spent about 12%. Keeping in mind that this was with Sentry Mode on while parked for a couple hours getting groceries and stuff, I want to say that my early sense is the heat pump makes a noticeable difference. My raw intuition, without doing actual testing gives me the sense that it probably allows you to get close to rated range down to almost-freezing temps. You can also definitely hear the heat pump at work intermittently, but it's not annoying or anything.

Lest this become a battery optimization post, I'll leave it there, but just wanted to provide my early experience of the feature I was most waiting for.

My window was updated last week to November 19-27. I talked to my SA today and he said to disregard the updated delivery window under the manage tab because it’s “acting weird.” He said my original window is more accurate and that he can’t do anything until he receives a VIN, which means delivery by Friday is unlikely.

Picked up my 2021 SR+ this past Saturday in Toronto, and had a really smooth experience. In terms of fit and finish, there was really nothing to note as far as I could tell. I'll get some photos of it when we catch some sun here, but overall I'm quite happy with it. First drive with it, I went about 50 km in 5 C weather (~40 F), and with the HVAC on to a cool room temp, I spent about 12%. Keeping in mind that this was with Sentry Mode on while parked for a couple hours getting groceries and stuff, I want to say that my early sense is the heat pump makes a noticeable difference. My raw intuition, without doing actual testing gives me the sense that it probably allows you to get close to rated range down to almost-freezing temps. You can also definitely hear the heat pump at work intermittently, but it's not annoying or anything.

Lest this become a battery optimization post, I'll leave it there, but just wanted to provide my early experience of the feature I was most waiting for.

thanks for the update. I’m in Toronto too so it’s valuable info. Would love more updates on range in cold weather when ever possible!

Congrats

Quick question/request: When you step on the brakes, does the lighting around the edge of the tail lights light up (like the new Model Y's) or is it still the little strips in the housings that light up?

Pic of tail lights when brake pedal is pressed would be awesome

Who did you go with for insurance finally ? seeing as we get hosed in Canada, it's always good to have comparables lol

Dang man, that's so unfortunate! Is it just me or is the wait for this car really bad? Like every 15 minutes of everyday I just check for YouTube videos of deliveries and stuff!!! Is this just me who is this anxious? :eek:

Same. I check Reddit, here, YouTube, and my source code every day hoping for good news. :'D I ordered mine on Oct 23rd. My original estimate was Dec 04 - 31st but updated from Nov 20 - Dec 04 instead a few days ago. No VIN, and my SA thinks Thanksgiving won't let me see an early December delivery but MAYBE. Agonizing tease. Lol

Who did you go with for insurance finally ? seeing as we get hosed in Canada, it's always good to have comparables lol

I went with TD Insurance. They have decent group discounts (for certain company employees, or if you're a student/alumnus of a college or university on their list). From my research, you're likely not going to get a much better deal anywhere else. Also, I switched my condo insurance over to them from Allstate, and even that was significantly lower.