Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my tesla last october and just got my VIN Dec 07.
When I ordered it SA told me it should be ready by end of November
so I waited while constantly checking and calling SA.

My delivery estimate started with Nov 27 and changed to Dec 03 / 17 / 18 / 20. and I submitted Insurance document on the date I received my VIN.

SA says all my information has been checked but my car is keep getting delayed.
And today I found out that in that same store that I ordered. There is an inventory that matches my model and
I send an email to my SA about the location of my car but still no answer.

So is it possible to replace my order with an inventory one and receive it early? (I may have to change VIN for my insurance but still..)

Or should I keep on waiting for call from Tesla..

I don't have any cars right now and I need it ASAP..
While your instance may be a lucky exception, those 0 mile inventory cars listed tend to be "preproduction". In other words, they may not actually be built yet and may take even longer to arrive than an existing order.

I see a lot of people here fanboying over tesla just because it's tesla. As mentioned my Cleo n Company above, its not the waiting that is annoying a lot of people, it's the lack of proper communication and the we don't give a f attitude that Tesla seems to have currently. I don't mind waiting for the car if I was told 5-8 weeks for delivery, But tesla changing my esitmated delivery 3 times in a month and now telling me that my delivery is supposed to be by the end of december is totally unacceptable. Placed my order 1st week of october, I dont have a vin and a delivery date. My colleague placed the order 23rd of october same zip code, sam car config, same delivery location and he took his delivery last saturday. Now tell me, how this is fair to me. There clearly seems to be a lack of management from Tesla at this point which sucks. Imagine GM, Toyota or any other big car company doing this. They would get such bad press.

GM, Toyota, and other big car companies include their customer service in their price. They spend money on the personnel to do that, and as a result, the cars are more expensive with less to offer. I personally think you get the best value out of Tesla. They spend their time and energy on the product itself, hardly elsewhere. I also think this is why there isn't much bad press surrounding Tesla. There's no money spent on advertising, so what's out there is word of mouth. It sucks to wait, and sucks to have expectations changed, but it is what it is. You still end up with the car you paid for, and in the end, you are either happy with that or you aren't and need to return it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Maan
Took Delivery today in Austin. Ordered 10/21. So just about 7 week wait.
Photo Dec 10, 2 41 32 PM.jpg

GM, Toyota, and other big car companies include their customer service in their price. They spend money on the personnel to do that, and as a result, the cars are more expensive with less to offer. I personally think you get the best value out of Tesla. They spend their time and energy on the product itself, hardly elsewhere. I also think this is why there isn't much bad press surrounding Tesla. There's no money spent on advertising, so what's out there is word of mouth. It sucks to wait, and sucks to have expectations changed, but it is what it is. You still end up with the car you paid for, and in the end, you are either happy with that or you aren't and need to return it.

I dont think you get the bese value out of Tesla. Imagine service being horrible like our pre buying experience? Specially when Tesla has a monopoly for parts and repairs. I am really hoping that you are true in that regards. So far I have just have a horrible experience with this whole process.

My estimated delivery was pushed back a day now the 12/20-12/26. So i called the Tesla center where i am picking up... guy tells me the car was made 10 days ago and still sitting there waiting for the train transport. The train takes it so far before being put on a truck. He estimated it will arrive on the 22nd. Im thinking i will be lucky to see it before next year. Still no delivery date set...

Updated again to 12/21-12/27..... ugh keeps getting pushed back a day, every day. Getting annoyed since I am a day one reservation holder that ordered way back on 10/16!

Ordered my tesla last october and just got my VIN Dec 07.
When I ordered it SA told me it should be ready by end of November
so I waited while constantly checking and calling SA.

My delivery estimate started with Nov 27 and changed to Dec 03 / 17 / 18 / 20. and I submitted Insurance document on the date I received my VIN.

SA says all my information has been checked but my car is keep getting delayed.
And today I found out that in that same store that I ordered. There is an inventory that matches my model and
I send an email to my SA about the location of my car but still no answer.

So is it possible to replace my order with an inventory one and receive it early? (I may have to change VIN for my insurance but still..)

Or should I keep on waiting for call from Tesla..

I don't have any cars right now and I need it ASAP..
Hertz rents. I had a Subaru for 2 weeks and a VW Jetta for 2 weeks because of Tesla's delays on my order. To the tune of about $660 for the month. Thanks Elon.

I see a lot of people here fanboying over tesla just because it's tesla. As mentioned my Cleo n Company above, its not the waiting that is annoying a lot of people, it's the lack of proper communication and the we don't give a f attitude that Tesla seems to have currently. I don't mind waiting for the car if I was told 5-8 weeks for delivery, But tesla changing my esitmated delivery 3 times in a month and now telling me that my delivery is supposed to be by the end of december is totally unacceptable. Placed my order 1st week of october, I dont have a vin and a delivery date. My colleague placed the order 23rd of october same zip code, sam car config, same delivery location and he took his delivery last saturday. Now tell me, how this is fair to me. There clearly seems to be a lack of management from Tesla at this point which sucks. Imagine GM, Toyota or any other big car company doing this. They would get such bad press.
No other car company would even dream of doing this.

Customer relations do not exist within the Tesla model.
Communication via a telephone is illegal within the Tesla model.
Many SC staff are apathetic, bordering on rude.

Yep - makes me want to buy another one.

PS - Best of luck Maan. Hope things turn sunnier for you.

@mond81- interesting you say that. I ordered on 11/16 Navy/black/Sport and it went from saying 12/21-31 to saying 5-7 weeks from order date place. Maybe white is easier to produce (due to painting process), so that's why yours is same time frame as mine despite ordering later. Also interestingly we're both in CA (San Francisco), so I wonder if there is geographic quotas they need to do, before they do CA.

I emailed my contact this morning with no reply. On one hand I feel bad for him because he probably has to deal with loads of these emails/calls at the end of every quarter, and it's not his fault. But at the same time, this is what you signed up for by working for Tesla.

Also, I'm more sympathetic towards Tesla than other people here, because I understand that the reality is demand is way greater than their ability to supply in a timely fashion right now (Fremont is the only place in either North or South America that makes Model 3's right?). But at the same time I also agree with everyone else here saying that their communication is terrible and there's got to be a way they could improve this, IF they really wanted.

The expected delivery date is not reliable. They keep changing from time to time, it gives us no hope but disappointed.

I ordered on Oct 30, expected delivery 6 - 9 weeks
Nov 11 account show Dec 5 - 26
Nov 23 account show Nov 24 - Dec 12
Nov 25 account show Dec 12 - 31
Text received today (Nov 25) expected delivery date 3 - 5 weeks. I don’t understand what factors will cause them so many changes?

Yesterday still show Dec12-31 but check account this morning the expected delivery date has been removed. However I received email for final payment in the afternoon. Check account again, it shows Dec12-18. Not sure how accurate it is, only believe only if I got the text for delivery.