Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 5/4, account was mid-late June dates and went back to 6-8 weeks for a few days now.

SA informed to apply for Tesla Financing early June since expected deliveries were near end of quarter.

Perfect world would be trading in through CarMax for highest offer. But the convenience of Tesla is easier.

So, I'm hearing a lot of talk about people talking to their "SA"s, presumably their sales advisors? I don't even know who mine is supposed to be... When I expressed interest on the web site, I got a call from some guy out in CA who said he'd advise me about the sale. Then he arranged for a test drive (which fell through because that location was out of M3s)... then a guy at that location made me a reservation at another location here (I'm in the metro Atlanta area) where I actually did the drive. An agent at that second showroom then helped me order the car and also answered some questions about the sales process the next day.

So, is my SA the first guy in CA who called me, or the guy who works at the local showroom?

Ordered 5/4, account was mid-late June dates and went back to 6-8 weeks for a few days now.

SA informed to apply for Tesla Financing early June since expected deliveries were near end of quarter.

Perfect world would be trading in through CarMax for highest offer. But the convenience of Tesla is easier.

Carvana actually will be giving me $2300 to myself after they buy out my Lease and Purchase the Car... Process is going through right now and my latest turn in is June 10... Did CarMax they had me paying them almost $400-500 to get rid of it

So, I'm hearing a lot of talk about people talking to their "SA"s, presumably their sales advisors? I don't even know who mine is supposed to be... When I expressed interest on the web site, I got a call from some guy out in CA who said he'd advise me about the sale. Then he arranged for a test drive (which fell through because that location was out of M3s)... then a guy at that location made me a reservation at another location here (I'm in the metro Atlanta area) where I actually did the drive. An agent at that second showroom then helped me order the car and also answered some questions about the sales process the next day.

So, is my SA the first guy in CA who called me, or the guy who works at the local showroom?
Probably the showroom one

Just refreshed my account page and now the order is missing - anyone else?
I am back to the invisible car...

1621629809552.png

Stopped by my SC today in Chicago as I noticed their lot was full of cars. One of the SAs there said they were waiting on corporate to give the go ahead on deliveries, and that they are packed to the brim on cars right now with more deliveries coming. I asked if it was a missing part and he said it was software? So maybe awaiting the new updates before they are allowing deliveries to be made.

And a cross post from a guy in the order tracking spreadsheet thread saying similar:

My SA just called. So here is what is going on. They have started shipping cars WITHOUT vin numbers to the destination locations. They are doing this because there are about 10,000 cars that are requiring a firmware update. So to avoid shipping delays they are pushing the cars out now. In my case our cars are here in orlando however they can not release them until they are able to do the firmware update. Once the firmware is pushed the VINS will automatically be assigned and we will have three days to pick up the vehicle. If we are unable to pick up the vehicle at that time we will have to wait for the next batch. He said batches are being released every week throughout June.
I asked what the forewarn update was for and he said Tesla has not told them for confidentiality but his guess is it’s a safety update otherwise they would release them and do the update later. He also said it normally is not this rushed but due to the demand and this firmware issue things are a little out of wack right now and asked for us to be a little more patient. Fingers crossed we should be seeing cars rollout soon!

And a cross post from a guy in the order tracking spreadsheet thread saying similar:

My SA just called. So here is what is going on. They have started shipping cars WITHOUT vin numbers to the destination locations. They are doing this because there are about 10,000 cars that are requiring a firmware update. So to avoid shipping delays they are pushing the cars out now. In my case our cars are here in orlando however they can not release them until they are able to do the firmware update. Once the firmware is pushed the VINS will automatically be assigned and we will have three days to pick up the vehicle. If we are unable to pick up the vehicle at that time we will have to wait for the next batch. He said batches are being released every week throughout June.
I asked what the forewarn update was for and he said Tesla has not told them for confidentiality but his guess is it’s a safety update otherwise they would release them and do the update later. He also said it normally is not this rushed but due to the demand and this firmware issue things are a little out of wack right now and asked for us to be a little more patient. Fingers crossed we should be seeing cars rollout soon!
I hope that's the case! I called the Kansas city location but got their voicemail. If someone is near that location, feel free to stop by and see if they have a ton of cars too :)

Thanks for sharing! This very well makes sense considering the reports of 10,000-20,000 cars at the Fremont Factory + shipped to stores all over the country.

In line with the global chipset supply shortage, Tesla needs to ensure firmware and software is 100% ready for the MCU 3.0 because any safety risk would be a total disaster.

Th

I asked what the forewarn update was for and he said Tesla has not told them for confidentiality but his guess is it’s a safety update otherwise they would release them and do the update later. He also said it normally is not this rushed but due to the demand and this firmware issue things are a little out of wack right now and asked for us to be a little more patient. Fingers crossed we should be seeing cars rollout soo

This makes sense , hope everyone has their financing in order

Maybe following occurs razor... the simplest safety update would be something to curtail the issue we saw the other week with the asshat in autopilot sitting in the backseat. They shouldn’t have to bother with this, but it’s a PR nightmare all the same. The answer is every car ever made with cruise control isn’t safe with the driver in the backseat… but this is why we can’t have nice things.

Th

This makes sense , hope everyone has their financing in order
I have one approval.. was waiting for a VIN to apply at the rest of the places (including Tesla).

Side question.. does Tesla preferred lenders lend to Arkansas residents? looking at the "Tesla lending" section of their website doesn't list Arkansas as a state that is eligible.

Also.. is the apr locked for 30 or 60 days with Tesla?

I have one approval.. was waiting for a VIN to apply at the rest of the places (including Tesla).

Side question.. does Tesla preferred lenders lend to Arkansas residents? looking at the "Tesla lending" section of their website doesn't list Arkansas as a state that is eligible.

My understanding is that it is 60 days

Reactions: makirules

I'm in Arkansas and I applied through Tesla.