Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG I love that! It's so comfortable to not have to be switching back and forth! ☺️
Exactly! I used it on my bolt EV, but had to press the brake pedal when I was at lights (because their brake lights don't stay on at a complete stop).

What always freaks me out is if I had to drive my wife's ICE car after I drive my EV... and I lift my foot off the gas pedal, the car keeps moving. Gets me every time.

• Funny
Reactions: GiFer
Hi!

Model 3/Pearl White/Black interior/no FSD. SoCal/LA area, first time buyer
  • Order originally placed on 4/9/21 in person after self-drive
  • Was told to expect delivery sometime in June
  • Profile completed 5/20
No explanation of profile completion during order. I was also under the impression that the $100 deposit would secure my spot in the queue. Since I wanted to shop around (SA said it was ok to wait), Financing section left blank. On 5/20, found out I was missing car insurance proof and the SA I spoke with from another SC recommended that I switch to Cash payment to avoid delivery delay. Had I known, I would’ve selected Cash from the beginning and gotten it squared away on the same day I placed my order.

Throughout this entire process my EDD has always been 6/1-6/30. Therefore, I applied for a bunch of auto loans on 6/4 thinking my car would be delivered this month. Today, I logged onto my Tesla account and saw my new EDD: 7/25-8/24. I did not make any change aside from switching financing options. The SA I spoke with today attributed the now later delivery window to my profile being completed (late) on 5/20..

Needless to say, my experience thus far has been rather frustrating. Still really *hoping* for end of June delivery to avoid another hard pull on my credit..

Lesson learned: take EDD with grain of salt. Just in case, complete Pre-Delivery Tasks ASAP. Financing? Choose Cash payment and change it later. Don’t delay, complete your profile!!! Hope this helps someone.

Hi!

Model 3/Pearl White/Black interior/no FSD. SoCal/LA area, first time buyer
  • Order originally placed on 4/9/21 in person after self-drive
  • Was told to expect delivery sometime in June
  • Profile completed 5/20
No explanation of profile completion during order. I was also under the impression that the $100 deposit would secure my spot in the queue. Since I wanted to shop around (SA said it was ok to wait), Financing section left blank. On 5/20, found out I was missing car insurance proof and the SA I spoke with from another SC recommended that I switch to Cash payment to avoid delivery delay. Had I known, I would’ve selected Cash from the beginning and gotten it squared away on the same day I placed my order.

Throughout this entire process my EDD has always been 6/1-6/30. Therefore, I applied for a bunch of auto loans on 6/4 thinking my car would be delivered this month. Today, I logged onto my Tesla account and saw my new EDD: 7/25-8/24. I did not make any change aside from switching financing options. The SA I spoke with today attributed the now later delivery window to my profile being completed (late) on 5/20..

Needless to say, my experience thus far has been rather frustrating. Still really *hoping* for end of June delivery to avoid another hard pull on my credit..

Lesson learned: take EDD with grain of salt. Just in case, complete Pre-Delivery Tasks ASAP. Financing? Choose Cash payment and change it later. Don’t delay, complete your profile!!! Hope this helps someone.
I ordered May 4 online and my assigned SA reached out a couple of days later and suggested that I apply for financing early June since the expected delivery would take place mid-late June. Following his suggestion I applied for financing May 27, EDD held steady for mid-late June, then disappeared for four days, and recently has shown July 2 - July 22. Although you secured financing a week before me, your EDD is much further out than mine.

It's really tough to truly know how Tesla's system "prioritizes" orders. In addition to taking EDD with a grain of salt, most of what SA's share should be taken with a grain of salt too (sadly).

What is compelling as of today is that majority of orders in CA and surrounding states have yet to receive deliveries. It seems Tesla uses the "outside in" approach by delivering to the furthest states/cities first. We're likely to receive our cars near the end of the month (hopefully).

Me too! I highly doubt it, but I would love to be proven wrong. Delivery center said when I get my VIN it's already in transport..so I dunno.
Saturday I was told by the delivery folks here in MO, that my car was in Chicago. It seems it’s route took it past me. Yesterday, they told me my car should be here today or Tuesday. So it isn’t beyond the realm that you are correct and your car is in transit. That would probably put the delivery to Kanas City on Wednesday or Thursday. Not trying to get your hopes up. I hope indeed that is the case.

Saturday I was told by the delivery folks here in MO, that my car was in Chicago. It seems it’s route took it past me. Yesterday, they told me my car should be here today or Tuesday. So it isn’t beyond the realm that you are correct and your car is in transit. That would probably put the delivery to Kanas City on Wednesday or Thursday. Not trying to get your hopes up. I hope indeed that is the case.
That is weird how they went past you. yeah, I am not getting my hopes up haha, but getting it this weekend would be fantastic. Keep us updated on yours!

In tangential news, my pickup in Washington went great, and my dad dropped it off at the barge shipping company last Tuesday. It arrived in Juneau this morning, but for reasons I'm not sure of, I can't pick up until tomorrow. Planning on hanging out at the docks before the shipping company opens, like a longshoreman looking for work in the 30s.
I joked that I was going to sit outside the showroom until mine arrived. That's like the same thing you are doing right? haha

Glad that everything went well during shipping.