Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Extended Order Status v0.2.1.9​

VIN​

• VIN: 5YJ3E1EA9Mxxxxxxx
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: July 23 - July 26
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 20 - July 26
    • July 22 - July 28
    • July 24 - July 30
    • July 20 - August 09
    • 8-12 weeks
    • July 20 - August 09
    • 9-13 weeks
    • July 20 - August 09
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 14 - August 03
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 14 - August 03
    • July 08 - July 28
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 19 - August 08
My dates moved slightly. The car is expected to reach delivery center on 7/23. Earliest pickup option 7/25 - I am scheduled to pick up my M3SR+ MSM with no add-ons. Looking forward to the pick and hoping for a smooth, no issues delivery experience.
Wondering if yours is on the same train as mine heading to the NJ hub. Mine is supposed to arrive at the showroom in Tysons Corner, VA at some point on 24 July and then scheduled for home delivery on 26 July. Was told that my location receives a huge batch of over 30 cars at once. My SA said they may receive the vehicle at 12:01 am on Saturday or midnight and that’s why they don’t want to schedule delivery prior to 7/26. 🤞🏼 Hoping all is well in transit.. and that I get delivery on or before Monday! 😁😎

For all of you still waiting, I wish you peace and calm during this crazy pandemic storm of insane luck. I hope you take delivery soon.. that the car is in perfect shape.. that you get the best trade-in value for your car.. that your financing goes smoothly. One day soon, I hope to meet some of you at a Tesla event. We are sooooo close!!!

I put in a request for a White/with black LR today then when I was doing the cash part got cold feet, its not want I wanted or needed (tesla got me for $100) its crazy
I have a VIN and a date (for the second time; first time it was all cancelled last minute). I ordered mine in March. So long haul for me, finally getting my SR+. I have no doubt I'll love my Tesla, but I have serious doubt I'll every order another car from them again unless it's already on the lot and i pick it out in person.

I have a VIN and a date (for the second time; first time it was all cancelled last minute). I ordered mine in March. So long haul for me, finally getting my SR+. I have no doubt I'll love my Tesla, but I have serious doubt I'll every order another car from them again unless it's already on the lot and i pick it out in person.
I get the frustration with the long wait and the lack of communication. I think people also need to take into account everything that is going on right now with the high demand for used cars, high demand for Tesla ( gas prices going up and pandemic ending and people wanting to spend money and go places). I don't think this is the normal but just a bad timing situation when ordering these vehicles.

I get the frustration with the long wait and the lack of communication. I think people also need to take into account everything that is going on right now with the high demand for used cars, high demand for Tesla ( gas prices going up and pandemic ending and people wanting to spend money and go places). I don't think this is the normal but just a bad timing situation when ordering these vehicles.
Oh I couldn't agree more. Long wait doesn't bother me one bit. Neither does the lack of communication. I think seriously many people who are waiting are doing so very ill informed of the current state of things. For me, that's not my issue, I knew that going in and rarely ever checked my EDD; I knew better. What I have a problem with is Tesla giving a VIN, asking for full payment, giving a date, and then taking that all away and redirecting the VIN to another person who happens to live closer to their plant for the sake of making some quarterly numbers. And then holding over $50k of MY money and telling me if they give it back they will have to cancel my order and i'll be put at the back of the line. Only after complaining over and over again (and implying it was legally suspicious) did I get a response that it would take more than a month after payment for me to get my $$$ in the mail (apparently processing is time consuming). That's not a lack of communication or a pandemic issue. That's shady business. That's dogshit treatment of a paid-in-full customer for the sake of meeting some numbers in books. And I happen to know i'm not the only one who experienced this. I mean, they seriously wanted to hold onto over $50K of my money until, what they were estimating would be, Sept when i paid in full mid June? GTFO Tesla. Any other company would have offered some compensation for this mess. Tesla, not so much.

Again, I'll agree with you; people need to chill and just go about their lives and stop obsessing of the wait; they are backed waaay up. You're gonna wait. Gotta deal with it. But you don't have to deal with being abused.

Oh I couldn't agree more. Long wait doesn't bother me one bit. Neither does the lack of communication. I think seriously many people who are waiting are doing so very ill informed of the current state of things. For me, that's not my issue, I knew that going in and rarely ever checked my EDD; I knew better. What I have a problem with is Tesla giving a VIN, asking for full payment, giving a date, and then taking that all away and redirecting the VIN to another person who happens to live closer to their plant for the sake of making some quarterly numbers. And then holding over $50k of MY money and telling me if they give it back they will have to cancel my order and i'll be put at the back of the line. Only after complaining over and over again (and implying it was legally suspicious) did I get a response that it would take more than a month after payment for me to get my $$$ in the mail (apparently processing is time consuming). That's not a lack of communication or a pandemic issue. That's shady business. That's dogshit treatment of a paid-in-full customer for the sake of meeting some numbers in books. And I happen to know i'm not the only one who experienced this. I mean, they seriously wanted to hold onto over $50K of my money until, what they were estimating would be, Sept when i paid in full mid June? GTFO Tesla. Any other company would have offered some compensation for this mess. Tesla, not so much.

Again, I'll agree with you; people need to chill and just go about their lives and stop obsessing of the wait; they are backed waaay up. You're gonna wait. Gotta deal with it. But you don't have to deal with being abused.
Wow that’s crazy but I completely disagree with both of you lol. I think people totally have a right to want their cars after two months. This is a forum where most people are typing their feelings and venting. Do I think people should call Tesla everyday yelling about their cars? No, because they did give an EDD which is like 9-13 weeks or whatever, but in here it’s a free for all. I think it’s fair.
I don’t understand how some folks can say a lack of communication doesn’t bother you guys? That’s crazy TO ME. This is all my opinion. My thoughts only. I want my car lol.
Anyway, in the end we all want our cars I think.

Wow that’s crazy but I completely disagree with both of you lol. I think people totally have a right to want their cars after two months. This is a forum where most people are typing their feelings and venting. Do I think people should call Tesla everyday yelling about their cars? No, because they did give an EDD which is like 9-13 weeks or whatever, but in here it’s a free for all. I think it’s fair.
I don’t understand how some folks can say a lack of communication doesn’t bother you guys? That’s crazy TO ME. This is all my opinion. My thoughts only. I want my car lol.
Anyway, in the end we all want our cars I think.
It boggles my mind that I’m spending nearly 50k with a company, I make regular attempts to get in touch with a “sales advisor” to whom I was assigned, AND I NEVER HEAR BACK. I have come to a headspace where I’ve accepted the circumstances because they will be what they will be regardless, (not trying to lose more of my sanity than I have to!) but that definitely doesn’t mean that I’ve accepted that this disconnect is a baked-in part of the Tesla buying experience. I love everything about Tesla (aside from Elon’s unpredictability), but I definitely hope that when I buy my next car 7-ish years from now, their buying process has been streamlined, their production is predictable, and the unnecessary difficulty in 2021 will be but a distant memory. ❤️

Waiting for a VIN..

FocusedImprobableIndianjackal-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: iamlina and MisterL
If it makes anybody feel better, check out the lead times for a Mach-E(24+ weeks) or an E-Tron.

7-12 weeks isn't too bad all in all, considering the demand and the supply chain issues. I just wish the process was a bit more transparent. If they could 'build-to-order' instead of 'we will match you with a car, at some point between tomorrow and 12 weeks from now' that would be best!

Once the Texas plant is operational, I'm sure things will get better.

With that said, hope I get my VIN soon LOL! I'm on week 7.

Reactions: prplrain
It boggles my mind that I’m spending nearly 50k with a company, I make regular attempts to get in touch with a “sales advisor” to whom I was assigned, AND I NEVER HEAR BACK. I have come to a headspace where I’ve accepted the circumstances because they will be what they will be regardless, (not trying to lose more of my sanity than I have to!) but that definitely doesn’t mean that I’ve accepted that this disconnect is a baked-in part of the Tesla buying experience. I love everything about Tesla (aside from Elon’s unpredictability), but I definitely hope that when I buy my next car 7-ish years from now, their buying process has been streamlined, their production is predictable, and the unnecessary difficulty in 2021 will be but a distant memory. ❤️

What is worse, trying to get a PS5 near launch day or waiting for a Tesla Model 3?

At least with the Tesla, you have a vague place in line. With the PS5 it was you vs a thousand bots and a-hole resellers.

What is worse, trying to get a PS5 near launch day or waiting for a Tesla Model 3?

At least with the Tesla, you have a vague place in line. With the PS5 it was you vs a thousand bots and a-hole resellers.
No idea, I’m not a gamer. Lol. I understand that they were hard to get, but I don’t think it’s a fair comparison. One is a gaming system; the other is a primary mode of transportation. My urgency isn’t just “I want”. It’s also “I need”. ❤️

Reactions: oreobbq
C'mon, be patient guys. Everyone at Tesla is working super hard to get us our cars.

Everyone except for my good for nothing SA lmaooo. Next EDD update coming in about 3 hours..
Additionally, these delays are not just a “Tesla” issue. While the lack of SA communication can be frustrating, I appreciate the upfront lead time so that we can have a reasonable expectation of when to expect our M3….although the changing EDD doesn’t help and probably the main cause of our stress.

To compare, I placed my M3 order on June 11 with the lead time being 7-12 weeks. We’re coming up on that time now. My wife placed an order for a new Subaru on June 12. They told her that the SUV will be there in 2 weeks. We called a week later to ensure we were still on track and the date got moved to late July. Mid July came and now the date is early August.
To compare the two experiences, the Tesla experience has been less frustrating. Having said that, there have been a couple cases here that are definitely a problem (the April order with no car yet and the paid in full but gave VIN away).