Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. It seems us Cali folks are towards the end of the quarter regardless of when the order was placed. My current edd everyday front date is moving back while the end remains the same. yesterday 8/7-8/15, today 8/8-8/15, tomorrow 8/9-8/15? Possibly back to 9 to 13 weeks. Excuse my venting, I am feeling little discouraged.
My EDD is now 8/14 - 9/3 ouch…

Went from 8/7 - 8/16 to 8/14 to 9/3

My estimated date just changed to "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration." It was showing 9/17 - 9/30 yesterday, anyone else see that? Originally ordered Silver, rims, white interior on 7/22 and had a mid August estimate. Decided I liked the white exterior and normal rims (minus the covers) and changed just to white / white and that changed it to end of September. I'm in Southern California.

I have a SR+ currently and suffered from range anxiety on many an occasion, So I ordered a long range 3 on the 26th of last month. What I found was that for every mile I drove, I consume 1.3 to 1.5 range miles (sometimes 1.6), so at 240 (if you can consistently charge to 240) you'll get somewhere between 160 and 180 actual miles (YMMV), versus a LR at 235 to 272.
My 2c... I recently sold my SR (not SR+). My estimated range started at 220 and by the time I sold it it ranged from 190 to 205mi. My daily drive is about 55mi, even accounting for overheat protection, AC, winter range loss, and some post work errands, a 60-80% starting charge is perfectly fine with no range anxiety; often okay for 2 days before I recharge. For long trips in my area (PA, NJ, DE,MD, NY), I can pretty much go anywhere without any range anxiety, all the major highways have superchargers that are convenient. At most I may have gone 5-10mi out of the way just to make supercharging more convenient but most of the time it's on the most direct path. A 2-3 hour drive (150-200mi?) with a 15-20min charging/bathroom break works great for me. With an LR I guess I could do 3-4 hours drive and 25min charge... or eliminate a stop for trips that are about 200-300mi. Not really worth the extra 10k for me.... I also drive slowly... my Lifetime average was 208wh/mi so I always exceed estimated range.
The new SR+ on order with 263mi range seems perfect balance for my area.
On the other hand.... I would love the AWD :D

Hi All, just wanted to add myself to the growing list of those waiting for their Model 3!

Order date: August 2nd, 2021
Rocklin, CA
Blue SR+
White Interior
No FSD
Standard 18" Aero Wheels

I don't have an EDD as of right now, what is the general consensus on that? Should I have received one by now?

Tony
Welcome! I went with a SR+ Blue/Black that O ordered back on 31 July. Here’s hoping we don’t have to wait forever.

You are another positive force on this board - you deserve your car too!!
Thank you for the kind message!! I think everyone here deserves their car quicker. I honestly would not mind the wait if it was actually structured and fair. It 100% rubs off the wrong way when I've had an order for a few months and someone else who just placed an order in July gets their car before me.

EDD changed from 08/07-08/17 yesterday to 08/28-09/17 this morning…06/06 order, I’m losing my

I think we're getting the same dates​

Looks like we SoCal/NorCal people are getting hammered this morning. I really hope EDD shifts back to what it was tomorrow or a mid-day change. Mine changed to 8/14 - 9/3.

my configuration is as follow: white, black int. no fsd. 19" ordered on 6/17. I just don't want to reapply financing which is expiring on the 17th. I wonder why did they change your back date?
I completely understand why you don't want to re-apply financing. Really hope it doesn't come to that for you.

No idea why they pushed me back, order support was so definitive that my delivery window would be week of 8/9. We'll see though, lots of the big EDD push backs tend to pull back from what I've noticed.

this is so dumb, another big push back (now 2 days in a row) aug/6 -> aug/26 -> sep/02 (and that's just the front end).
if the "end of quarter" doesn't hold, idk what i'm going to do.
Really feeling you there, I feel confident we'll be taken care of by end of quarter. It's just a matter of waiting until then haha 😅

EDD changed from 08/07-08/17 yesterday to 08/28-09/17 this morning…06/06 order, I’m losing my hope😭
I already sent an email out to SoCal order support for more clarification 😅

ditto. from 8/08-8/18 to 8/28-9/17
Just for comparative reference, the two us have ordered the same configuration, and both to SoCal. Primary difference is that you ordered 41 days before me. The back end of my edd has never wavered from 9/30, while the front end has drifted from 9/11 to 9/19.

Seems like most people are getting their vins around 2 months after they order, so I hope you get yours soon as well. If not, maybe our configurations/delivery locations are slowing us down a bit…

Last edited:
I sent my VIN over to my SA to set up an appointment and he got back to me with a Congratulations template with delivery/payment instructions. He set me up for August 18th 11:30 AM, so our cars must be on the same shipment!

My VIN still doesn't show on my account though. Don't think it matters cause it's in the source code and confirmed on the proforma invoice from my SA.
View attachment 692548
Dang...I ordered the same car on the same day from the same location as you, and I haven't heard *sugar*. Called them today to ask WTF and they had no answer. You got lucky my friend!