Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you doing with your original SR+ order? You got a VIN already right?
wait a second i would love to know this also bc i think @Mattmo and i were due to get VINs around the same time 😂🧐
I haven’t gotten the VIN for the original SR+ yet. I was thinking I’d have it by now based on @torpy and the rest of the NJ crew. My EDD was actually pushed back a couple of days for the original order. I’ll probably just cancel the original order on Saturday when I pick up the inventory car.

Reactions: asquared17
Weight is not only about performance, the heavier the car the more the motor has to work which directly affects your range. Which im pretty sure is the reason why it only has 253 mile range
Still not following.. so is your concern that the motor is going to wear out faster on an LFP car vs. NCA car? Again, they both have the same warranty. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The car may be heavier, but it performs exactly the same… if not better. You get more usable daily range with LFP by being able to charge to 100% nightly without any ill effects.

I don’t know, just sounds like people are trying to justify keeping the NCA pack, but it doesn’t sound warranted. 😇

Reactions: speedyrogue
Yesterday I requested a “callback” from the website with a preference for texts. After getting a generic text I replied with my EDD (9/6-9/20) and asked if the inventory cars in the NYC metro area were actually in inventory (ie at the SC).

Instead of answering that one question, they replied with this cryptic comment on “price book value”… anyone know what that means?

“After conferring with a colleague, it seems it is best for you to wait for original estimated delivery provided to you. The inventory vehicle offers 10 less miles and will change your price book value, so this could amount to paying more money for a vehicle with slightly less miles.”

• Helpful
Reactions: NB Hip fan
Still not following.. so is your concern that the motor is going to wear out faster on an LFP car vs. NCA car? Again, they both have the same warranty. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The car may be heavier, but it performs exactly the same… if not better. You get more usable daily range with LFP by being able to charge to 100% nightly without any ill effects.

I don’t know, just sounds like people are trying to justify keeping the NCA pack, but it doesn’t sound warranted. 😇
No, my concern is that the range of the car will be affected by the extra weight especially during elevation changes

I live where it gets cold so I have to stick with NCA and I don't want to pay 40k+ to be a beta tester for LFP and Eon

All the mechanical bits wear out faster. Tires, suspension, etc.

Yesterday I requested a “callback” from the website with a preference for texts. After getting a generic text I replied with my EDD (9/6-9/20) and asked if the inventory cars in the NYC metro area were actually in inventory (ie at the SC).

Instead of answering that one question, they replied with this cryptic comment on “price book value”… anyone know what that means?

“After conferring with a colleague, it seems it is best for you to wait for original estimated delivery provided to you. The inventory vehicle offers 10 less miles and will change your price book value, so this could amount to paying more money for a vehicle with slightly less miles.”
Was your original order fee $100? You'd have to pay an extra $150 in order fee for an inventory vehicle. Just guessing that could be the "price book value".

Same issue here in Canada. LFP isn’t really an option with our cold weather
I live in Minnesota, I'm going to give LFP a shot. My thought process is that in winter I'll still have enough to cover my needs and if all sr+ are going to be LFP then their going to put alot of engineering time into making it the best it can be.

I guess they already have since it appears that LFP is used for M3 in China.
That's a good point, but if Tesla wasn't going to switch sr 3 and y to LFP I would still be fairly hesitant.

What percentage of cars sold now are LFP, if they stayed at that percentage would Tesla invest the time needed to optimize the software quickly? That's why it was important to me that they see LFP as important for their future. That's where I was coming from

My educated guess is that the book value of an EV is dependent on the maximum range of the battery pack (since the battery and motor are the key components). Regardless of the benefits/cons of LFP vs. NCA, if you use the standard book value calculation, the LFP car is going to be valued lower than the NCA car the minute you drive it off of the lot. Now this might not be the case for the market value..that we will have to see once these cars go on sale, and how the car/battery performs over time...but Tesla seems to think that the NCA car will hold at least its book value better (which can influence the trade in Tesla offers you down the line)..

Reactions: Nezz
Was anybody who switched to an existing LFP config leasing? Just switched and was unsure if I have to reapply for the credit application, or if they can transfer that info.
I did call customer support and they sent an email to the financing department but wanted to see if anyone else experienced this.

Was anybody who switched to an existing LFP config leasing? Just switched and was unsure if I have to reapply for the credit application, or if they can transfer that info.
I did call customer support and they sent an email to the financing department but wanted to see if anyone else experienced this.
I was told they can’t transfer and that I needed to complete the profile again. And yes Experian showed my credit was accessed again despite what I was told by SA.

Reactions: ididntspillit
Just curious. Seeing a lot of concern with potentially being heavier with the LFP battery, but I actually wonder if the range is less because they needed to save that weight and didn’t match range to keep the packs the same weight. With all the other performance specs the same it isn’t far fetched.